+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 792 FirstFirst ... 10 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 60 85 110 135 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 15827

Thread: Crusader Kings II ~ Quick Answers

  1. #681
    Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Caledonian Sleeper
    Posts
    2,495
    Quote Originally Posted by julianus apo View Post
    I disembarked my men from my ships on foreign lands; is there an way to get them back on my ships? I can not enter an foreign harbour (i am at war withthe country).
    Click the army, and right-click on one of your fleets in a neighbouring sea-zone. Assuming the fleet has a sufficient transport capacity the soldiers will move to the sea-zone and embark the ships.

    Quote Originally Posted by sogeking99 View Post
    I am playing the duchy of Munster and my heir is a woman. If I arrange a marriage will I only get an heir from her if it's a matrilineal marriage? Because I can only seem to get courtiers to agree to that, which reduces my prestige.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordLeto View Post
    Yes.
    Not quite; you'll still get an heir from a normal marriage, but he will not be of your dynasty. Meaning if he inherits, game over.

  2. #682
    Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    Not quite; you'll still get an heir from a normal marriage, but he will not be of your dynasty. Meaning if he inherits, game over.
    Ah ok thanks.

    What can I do when a vassle will be inherited outside my dynasty?

  3. #683
    what do i have to do in order for a claimant to consider me able to press claims? does it have to do with military might and/or proximity to the land?

    Is it ever possible to invite a claimant to court by simply having them like me a lot with gold bribes n shit?

  4. #684
    General Dutchling's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindImpireMagicka
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,803
    Quote Originally Posted by sogeking99 View Post
    Ah ok thanks.

    What can I do when a vassle will be inherited outside my dynasty?
    Well, if you get high or perhaps absolute crown authority your problem is fixed as than all heirs outside of your realm become illegitimate and thus your vassals land cannot pass out of your realm. Assuming you cannot just do this you just have to look at the person to see if you can change who is the heir.
    Which probably means you can't do much

    @pplaza, if you can;t press their claims you are probably the one with the titles, at least the is what happened in my games. And yes, you can invite people if they like you enough and hate their own liege.

  5. #685
    Can anyone help me figure out what will happen in the following situation:

    I am the Duke of Sicily and Calabria. I have Gavelkind succession.
    My wife is the Doux of Adrianapolis and Vidin. She has Gavelkind succession. The ERE has High Crown Authority.
    We have 2 sons.

    If I understand things correctly, the Crown Authority of the ERE means that my sons will not be able to inherit duchies inside of it if this would mean the title passing to a foreigner. So, If my wife dies first, then my sons split up her duchies, and later can inherit my titles. But if I die first, then they will no longer be eligible to inherit from her? Or is it ok if they are just independent Dukes?

    What if I form the Kingdom of Sicily? In that case, if I die first, I think my heir as King is excluded from inheriting inside the ERE? But would his younger brother (now a Duke in Sicily) be eligible to get all my wife's lands?

    What if I change to primogeniture? Then if I die, 1st son gets all my titles. Does that make 2nd son eligible for her titles?

  6. #686
    I have a question about my first proper game, which has finished somewhat prematurely. I had a fun reign as Duke of Brittany for 100+ years. I lost the title for a while, but after some fighting I managed to regain it. I then swore fealty to France and was just about to expand my territory into Mortain. I was in the rather pleasant situation of owning three of the counties of Brittany, while my son and heir owned the other three. As the law was set to primogeniture‎, I assumed he would inherit my three counties and the Duchy of Brittany when I died. But when I did die the game ended. I have a save game so if someone has more questions I can go back and check more details.
    What I want to know is, why didn't my son inherit my titles? It was quite frustrating to end the game just as things were starting to go well.

  7. #687
    Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Caledonian Sleeper
    Posts
    2,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan_de_Rennes View Post
    I have a question about my first proper game, which has finished somewhat prematurely. I had a fun reign as Duke of Brittany for 100+ years. I lost the title for a while, but after some fighting I managed to regain it. I then swore fealty to France and was just about to expand my territory into Mortain. I was in the rather pleasant situation of owning three of the counties of Brittany, while my son and heir owned the other three. As the law was set to primogeniture‎, I assumed he would inherit my three counties and the Duchy of Brittany when I died. But when I did die the game ended. I have a save game so if someone has more questions I can go back and check more details.
    What I want to know is, why didn't my son inherit my titles? It was quite frustrating to end the game just as things were starting to go well.
    Was your marriage with your wife a matrilineal one? (Often done by accident.) If so, your son would not have been of your dynasty, meaning game-over on your death.

  8. #688
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan_de_Rennes View Post
    What I want to know is, why didn't my son inherit my titles? It was quite frustrating to end the game just as things were starting to go well.
    Are you sure he is from yours dynasty (matrilineal marriage and such)? If he is, then it is probably a bug with primogeniture succession. I have similar thing playing as Bohemia - my heir is not my heir. Load some previous save file and check if he is actually known as your primary heir, and not just a son.

  9. #689
    Ask how many Divisions I have! InnocentIII's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    The frozen tundra of western New York
    Posts
    4,071
    Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    Was your marriage with your wife a matrilineal one? (Often done by accident.) If so, your son would not have been of your dynasty, meaning game-over on your death.
    Betrothals often end up creating matrilineal marriages with no warning either upon betrothal or when the "betrothed can marry" message arrives. Which reminds me, I have to check my Spain game when I can...
    I follow Paradox on Twitter and have Johan's photo on my phone for Twitter messages. I also follow the Pope. When the Pontiff tweets, I see the picture and lately I wonder "yes, but is Johan speaking ex cathedra?"
    Check out my Vicky2 AAR: Last Tango in 1.3 - An Argentine AAR Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky1/2 2011 (Round 3) - Completed
    Five for Fighting - A Canadian HoI3 AAR WritAAR of the Week (December 11th - December 18th, 2011) AAR Showcase Week of 6/17/12 - Completed

  10. #690
    Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    Was your marriage with your wife a matrilineal one? (Often done by accident.) If so, your son would not have been of your dynasty, meaning game-over on your death.
    No. I only married once and it was a regular marriage. I have noticed the son is of a different dynasty though. How could that happen? He's not a bastard.

  11. #691
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan_de_Rennes View Post
    No. I only married once and it was a regular marriage. I have noticed the son is of a different dynasty though. How could that happen? He's not a bastard.
    Could it be because my syphilitic wife has no parents listed? The new dynasty seems to begin with her.

  12. #692
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan_de_Rennes View Post
    Could it be because my syphilitic wife has no parents listed? The new dynasty seems to begin with her.
    It doesn't matter if she makes a new dynasty, son can't be a part of mother's dynasty unless it is matrilineal marriage or he is a bastard.

  13. #693
    Can you be king of 2 countries without getting penalties and what is the max of duchies you can have?

  14. #694
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehow_pwn View Post
    Can you be king of 2 countries without getting penalties and what is the max of duchies you can have?
    Yes, you can be a king of 2 countries without getting a penalty.
    The thing with maximum amount of duchies is that you get a -10 relations with your vassals if you have more than 2 duchies (-10 for every duchy, so its -20 for 2, and so on) IF you are a king, but there is no limit for amount of duchies, just the penalty for each.

  15. #695
    Quote Originally Posted by Healforces View Post
    Yes, you can be a king of 2 countries without getting a penalty.
    The thing with maximum amount of duchies is that you get a -10 relations with your vassals if you have more than 2 duchies (-10 for every duchy, so its -20 for 2, and so on) IF you are a king, but there is no limit for amount of duchies, just the penalty for each.
    Oh dukes get no pentlies for having many duches? I had no idea and what is the maximum nummber of kingdoms you can have as king? Before the penalties ofc

  16. #696
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehow_pwn View Post
    Oh dukes get no pentlies for having many duches? I had no idea and what is the maximum nummber of kingdoms you can have as king? Before the penalties ofc
    I am not sure about that but if I recall correctly you dont get penalties for holding a lot of titles similar to your primary one.

  17. #697
    Is there a way to "watch" a character, so you get informed when he/she comes of age? I'm tired of my relatives' having only daughters, and then letting them have regular marriages. And since it seems impossible to do matrilineal betrothals, I need to know as soon as come of age.

  18. #698
    Quote Originally Posted by Healforces View Post
    It doesn't matter if she makes a new dynasty, son can't be a part of mother's dynasty unless it is matrilineal marriage or he is a bastard.
    Neither of those are true. Interestingly, all the other (younger) children are of the old dynasty. Could it be because the father was in prison when the eldest child was born?

  19. #699
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan_de_Rennes View Post
    Neither of those are true. Interestingly, all the other (younger) children are of the old dynasty. Could it be because the father was in prison when the eldest child was born?
    Well, if father was in prison when the child was conceived that could be the case. But I don't think it is possible in CK . Try to kill that kid and see if one of younger sons will be an heir.

  20. #700
    is the stuttering borders issue already fixed? If not then when will it be fixed?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 792 FirstFirst ... 10 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 60 85 110 135 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts