• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Couple of quick questions:

My son had a claim for the kingdom of Sweden so I pressed the claim, beat the swedish king and my son got the throne, but he didn't become a vassal king. It says in the declare war option that if the claimant is of my dynasty he will become a vassal. Does that not count for kingdoms?

Also, I was the current king of Denmark and Norway and tried giving my other son the kingdom of Norway cause I thought it would be cool to be King of Denmark with my sons ruling Norway and Sweden, but he became independant too. That wasn't my plan. Isn't it possible to be the liege of kings? Is there a way to become an empire or something to make it happen?

I think the tooltip is misleading. A king can never be the vassal of another king (likewise, a duke will never be the vassal of another duke, etc.). I believe if you were an emperor, it would have worked out differently. There is no way to form your own empire, you'd have to take one of the current ones.

I'm getting a message saying Game Over because I lost my last county but I can't figure out how because the Game Over screen just pops up and you can't minimize it to actually understand what just happened.

Any help? It's really annoying.

I gave a kinsman Jerusalem after a crusade, since that was the only title I could grab, as other provinces were occupied by other crusaders at the time. I then invaded Beirut and gave my cousin the province again.

A while later, rebels come to Jerusalem. I immediately send men to stop it, but it keeps growing and being suspicious, 20,000 men are stationed at Jerusalem. At more than 30,000 rebels spawning like mad.

What. The. Hell?

In the end, it wiped out my entire crusading force - levies raised from my entire massive country because of some random peasants. This cannot be possible. What's going on?

This sounds like a bug I ran into: Bug Forum Thread

If that is indeed what it is, I think you're screwed for now. It happened to me no matter whether I re-loaded an older save, and no matter what counties I ended up taking. I had to quit and start a new game.

How long does it take on average for Saxon culture to convert to English?

Why is the Count of Venaissin's army marching from Provence to the Holy Land in pursuit of 45 enemy soldiers near Jerusalem when there are sieges to be conducted right next door?

Why am I not allied with my wife? I'm an independent Duke of Sicily and Calabria; she's the Doux of Adrianopolis and Vidin within the ERE. Is it because she isn't independent?

Also, does the fact that we're ruling in different provinces rather than in court together affect our fertility? I don't see any indication of this, but it seems somewhat strange that we could have a child while she's in Greece and I'm in Italy (not to mention that we've both been at war nearly the entire time that we've been married).

1. Im going on a crusade and i want my heir to go as well to get the trait. How do i do that? I gave him a county but he wast among the levies raised.

2. Is it possible for a duchess to lead an army?

Normally done by 1130 or so.

Though it depends on the culture of the ruler. If the ruler is Saxon, it will never convert.

Thanks awfully old sport!

Has anyone else had problems with sync in multiplayer games. I've tried to play with a friend of mine a few times over Hamachi LAN, but it keeps dropping sync and ruining the whole game. That being unless you restart from a save you're playing to different games from that point on. There were times when the game also bugged out when trying to transfer save files to continue. Which made it rather frustrating when it did go out of sync, sometimes every 5 minutes, at other times it could be fine for two hours before it happened. I had trouble hosting before, and thought maybe that was also putting a choke hold on the connection that caused it to go out of sync. I fixed my firewall and router and solved my end of the problem, but it is still happening, even trying to transfer save games between us. I'm not yet sure, due to lack of information, if I can blame my friend's poor internet or perhaps some unpatched problem with the game.

Bumping my question again from 4 and 2 pages ago, if someone could answer that'd be great cause it's still happening. I have a duke that keeps on starting his own wars even under max crown authority... details below.

My question: I'm playing as the king of Scotland. I waited until England was fighting a succession war (old king died, old king's brother went to war with king's son (new king)). Once that happened, I decided to request an invasion CB from the pope, and got it. So I invaded England. During this time, their succession war ended (the old king's son won, so he kept the throne). I eventually beat them and got the throne of England myself.

England's Crown Authority is Max (has been since before I invaded). However, a bunch of the English dukes started fighting each other over titles. Shouldn't this not be able to happen? England is still under Absolute Crown Authority.

Scotland is under Medium Crown Authority, which should ALSO mean vassals can't fight each other, so that's not the reason...

Why are my English vassals able to declare war on each other if both Scotland and England's crown authority is high enough to not allow vassals to fight each other?

Note: It's my English vassals that are fighting other English vassals. Scottish vassals are nice and peaceful.

Has anyone else had problems with sync in multiplayer games. I've tried to play with a friend of mine a few times over Hamachi LAN, but it keeps dropping sync and ruining the whole game. That being unless you restart from a save you're playing to different games from that point on. There were times when the game also bugged out when trying to transfer save files to continue. Which made it rather frustrating when it did go out of sync, sometimes every 5 minutes, at other times it could be fine for two hours before it happened. I had trouble hosting before, and thought maybe that was also putting a choke hold on the connection that caused it to go out of sync. I fixed my firewall and router and solved my end of the problem, but it is still happening, even trying to transfer save games between us. I'm not yet sure, due to lack of information, if I can blame my friend's poor internet or perhaps some unpatched problem with the game.

I can't guarantee it but if it's dropping during save game transfer it sounds like patchy internet. We've been playing with DMZ hosting to multiple people and never had an issue. May also be the hamachi network going down. YOu can try doing start -> run -> cmd -> ping -t friendsipaddress . For example ping -t 84.31.34.81 see if there's any packetloss over 20-30 min or high times. You can also try not using hamachi as the quality has really gone down since when they used to be hamachi cc. We have problems with it all the time now unfortunately.

Does anyone know exactly what causes titles like "the Great" or "the Unready" to be added to your rulers? Besides when they come from fulfilling ambitions, of course. I've found it rather confusing so far as I had one king who was constantly disliked and had the cruel trait be labelled "The Great" and then my next king was generally well-liked and yet got "The Cruel" added to his name after about a year of doing very little.

A possibility could have been that they finished recapturing the capital and peace was signed.

Edit: beaten to the punch.

Yep, I am pretty sure this is what happened, not sure why I didn't think of it last night. I was Crusading against Alexandria and in a 2 month span my King was assassinated leaving his 10 year old son on the throne, the new king's great uncle usurped the Kingdom and started a civil war, and the Alexandrians made peace. I guess I just missed the fact that they retook the castle in Gizeh but not anything esle.

Thanks.

In one of my games I inherited hungary and large and disorganized bits of russia... i dont want those parts of russia. Is there any way of granting them independence?

This was probably asked already but the thread is too big to read entirely, sorry. :cool:

In one of my games I inherited hungary and large and disorganized bits of russia... i dont want those parts of russia. Is there any way of granting them independence?

This was probably asked already but the thread is too big to read entirely, sorry. :cool:

Grant them to a guy in your court then matrilinealy marry him to another ruler and you will lose them. The only other way I can think would be to give them to vassals then piss them off so they revolt.

Grant them to a guy in your court then matrilinealy marry him to another ruler and you will lose them. The only other way I can think would be to give them to vassals then piss them off so they revolt.

The latter will unfortunately cost both prestige, gold, and a loss in Crown Authority iirc. So your first suggestion would probably be the best bet.

Does anyone know exactly what causes titles like "the Great" or "the Unready" to be added to your rulers? Besides when they come from fulfilling ambitions, of course. I've found it rather confusing so far as I had one king who was constantly disliked and had the cruel trait be labelled "The Great" and then my next king was generally well-liked and yet got "The Cruel" added to his name after about a year of doing very little.

The rules are in /common/nicknames.txt. "The Great" is possible with 1000 prestige and having ruled for 10 years. "The Unready" requires the Arbitrary trait.