• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When you DOW, if one of your courtiers has a claim, you can select that as the CB.

Even if the courtier is a female? I'm still confused about the whole claims thing. If a female has a claim that will not inherit 'unless pressed in war' and you can't use a female's claim as a CB, what's the point of them having the claim?

I'm currently playing the Duke of Franconia and I'm in a war of independence from HRE. The rest of the country is also in revolt, so I thought it was a good time to do the same. Either way, it was going very well until the Duke dies all of the sudden. Automatically my duchy makes peace with the Emperor, even though I'm about to win.

So my question is: Does wars end regardless if your current ruler dies? Or does it depend on what opinion the heir has towards the opposing force; in this case, the Emperor (HRE)?

My first son was incompetent and I had gavelkind succession, so on my death I saved, reloaded as the 2nd son, and continued as him. 2nd son was 1st son's heir, and was eventually able to reunite the family lands. But my dynasty score has gone to 0. Is there any way to get it back?

Does the numeral automatically get places after a name if a previous monarch had the same name? God example, if I am called John, will my first born son become John II, even if I just named him John?

What happens when you divorce someone? Does inheritance change at all?

One way is to have them marry one of your own courtiers ;)
If it's a man, I think you'll need to offer a matrimonial marriage.

Many thanks to Kelven, Danarca & Tamius23 for the quick replies. I've learnt so much more about this game by reading this thread :)

One more if someone has the time. I'm playing in Ireland in my first game and am now a 4th Generation dynasty holding five provinces, and the fruits of the last three generations are coming though. My current Duke has some great stats and so do his twin sons. As soon as both came of age, I promoted both of them to my council. I decided to make sure the linage continued so I found suitable wives for both of them. To my horror both my sons left the realm when they got married, leaving a gaping wound in my council and all the good plans of the last 50 years down the drain.

Is there anyway of knowing before the marriage if the wife will go to the husbands realm, or visa-versa? Is there some sort of tiered arrangement where the "higher" noble is the one who brings their new husband/wife to their realm?

Many thanks to Kelven, Danarca & Tamius23 for the quick replies. I've learnt so much more about this game by reading this thread :)

One more if someone has the time. I'm playing in Ireland in my first game and am now a 4th Generation dynasty holding five provinces, and the fruits of the last three generations are coming though. My current Duke has some great stats and so do his twin sons. As soon as both came of age, I promoted both of them to my council. I decided to make sure the linage continued so I found suitable wives for both of them. To my horror both my sons left the realm when they got married, leaving a gaping wound in my council and all the good plans of the last 50 years down the drain.

Is there anyway of knowing before the marriage if the wife will go to the husbands realm, or visa-versa? Is there some sort of tiered arrangement where the "higher" noble is the one who brings their new husband/wife to their realm?

Afaik, Wife will always go to husbands court unless she has some land. However somebody could of invited them to their court (due to the not pressing claims modifier).

Even if the courtier is a female? I'm still confused about the whole claims thing. If a female has a claim that will not inherit 'unless pressed in war' and you can't use a female's claim as a CB, what's the point of them having the claim?
I think that is because some inheritance laws allow female claims

I think that is because some inheritance laws allow female claims

Also you can press the claim of a woman if she already has land regardless of laws. You can also grant land to a woman who already has land.

A strange thing just happened during a crusade in Spanish lands. I was sieging the counties of Alto Aragon when my army just stopped. I had taken Zaragoza and was 2/3 of the way through taking the actual county of Alto Aragon when the army stopped sieging.

Is this normal? I've never been so deep in to crusades before, not having the manpower to keep up with the likes of England and France. There is a large nation of Beja that I am also at war with, so is it necessary for the crusading armies to take that before Alto Aragon can be fully sieged?

I have no idea what is happening. :confused:

I was just thinking I was getting the hang of this game nicely, and now there's something else. I just love CK2. But, please, someone tell me what's going on.

EDIT: Hmm, I write all that and I just noticed that the war appears to be against Beja, but the option I used to declare was the crusade against Alto Aragon. There are two rpovinces below Zaragoza and Alto Aragon that appear to be Beja, but the colours differ. I guess it is all Beja somehow.

Doesn't explain why I can't take the third holidng in Alto Aragon. :confused:

More than likely Alto Aragon was a rebelling vassal of Beja, when you trashed them properly instead of waiting for the infidel they surrendered to Beja and got reincorporated and ended your war with them.

A strange thing just happened during a crusade in Spanish lands. I was sieging the counties of Alto Aragon when my army just stopped. I had taken Zaragoza and was 2/3 of the way through taking the actual county of Alto Aragon when the army stopped sieging.

Is this normal? I've never been so deep in to crusades before, not having the manpower to keep up with the likes of England and France. There is a large nation of Beja that I am also at war with, so is it necessary for the crusading armies to take that before Alto Aragon can be fully sieged?

I have no idea what is happening. :confused:

I was just thinking I was getting the hang of this game nicely, and now there's something else. I just love CK2. But, please, someone tell me what's going on.

EDIT: Hmm, I write all that and I just noticed that the war appears to be against Beja, but the option I used to declare was the crusade against Alto Aragon. There are two rpovinces below Zaragoza and Alto Aragon that appear to be Beja, but the colours differ. I guess it is all Beja somehow.

Doesn't explain why I can't take the third holidng in Alto Aragon. :confused:
I'm guessing the third holding doesn't actually belong to your enemy, but to some third party.

Not sure if this has been asked, but how do I change the capital of my duchy or kingdom or empire? Only by giving away titles still the right one remains?

Thanks for any answers :)