• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Has anyone been able to figure out how to bring down uber mongol doomstacks? I'm fighting the ilKhanate at the moment and they've got a giant stack (135k, 65k of which is horse archers). I can muster sufficient troops to fight it but the attrition is brutal and prevents me from reaching the field of battle with enough firepower. Do they ever split the stacks? I could probably handle it if they split into 3 but it doesn't seem to happen.

couple of questions. by my third irish duke, my duchess and kids are castillion. how do i getthem back to irish?

i inheireted normandy into my kingdom of ireland . does france still have any claims on it?

couple of questions. by my third irish duke, my duchess and kids are castillion. how do i getthem back to irish?

i inheireted normandy into my kingdom of ireland . does france still have any claims on it?

If you send the kids to be tutored by an Irish person the children will usually become Irish as well. Your wife is a lost cause, except for some melting pot events for specific cultures and logging a landholding wife in directly to change it to liege's or capital's culture. When you die and your wrong culture son takes over, you also have the option to change to your capital's culture type (Irish probably) as well.

France will have a claim on the counties in the Duchy of Normandy if it is considered a de jure part of France and if their crown laws are high enough (depends on mod ect). Click the Kingdom view to see if Normandy is still considered de jure French territory. Individuals inside France may also have claims, likely the sitting King and possibly other members of the nobility as well.

You can check individual claimants by clicking the Duchy of Normandy flag and then clicking the "Claimants" button on the top right.

Last edited:
so my kids tutors will give the kid his culture? i noticed my genious heir was the wrong culture when he was 12, so i switched him to an irish tutor, but he stayed the wrong culture.he is now an adult and i found him a genious wife, so when they ( hopefully) have their genious kid i need to find him an irish tutor. correct?

Help w/Succession Law Mechanics

New to CKII and have read most all the guides about succession and totally understand the differences between them but come up short on the implementation. Taking suggestions from the forum I started w/Ireland; County of Dublin. The gist is I now have titles to Dublin, Kildare, Ossory and Lienster and would like to change the succession law for all of them to feudal elective because of the poor traits of some of my offspring at the start over which I had no control, as compared to some of my later offspring who were more personally groomed. My question(s) are: 1) will all four holdings change to feudal elective if I change succession law in current situation (title to all 4 countys)? 2)Is there any advantage/disadvantage to making either, one or both, of duchies that I can press at this time, or would that impact the succession law of any/all counties involved? How? 3) Does the 10 year rule apply to the date I took each county separately, and if I were to become the Duke of Meath (for example) would that mean that I could not change succession laws until 10 years after that date? Needless to say, I'm a tad confused and would appreciate some help...:unsure::blush:

After a little bit of searching I came up with the following thread.

The consensus there is that it is not possible to press all de jure claims simultaneously because of its effects on balance and blobbing.

Seen mention of a gamey tactic involving matrilineal marriage and then assassination. Anyone care to explain?

Find A Claimant to a title you want, who will matrilinearally marry your daughter.Marry them, wait they have a son/daughter(preferably son).Assasinate the claimant.The son or daughter then has claim to title.Go to War,Press their Claim.Expand your Kingdom/Empire.(because they are of your Dynasty)

About helping people press claims: If said fellows are landless before I press their claims for them, does it mean that they will become independent after the successful war? Also, does giving them 1 property (a holding) mean that they'll remain in my realm after I pressed their claims?

Find A Claimant to a title you want, who will matrilinearally marry your daughter.Marry them, wait they have a son/daughter(preferably son).Assasinate the claimant.The son or daughter then has claim to title.Go to War,Press their Claim.Expand your Kingdom/Empire.(because they are of your Dynasty)

Even more cruel version for the situation when a claimant is married but willing to accept invitation to your court:
- invite him - brings whole family,
- via plots arrange accident for his wife and children (oh cruel world...) - extremely easy even with low intrigue,
- matrilinearally marry him to your daughter,
- rest as above.

If they are of your dynasty and or your the Dejure Liege of the title.They stay your vassal.If title is equal to yours or not De jure to you they remain independent.

That is why Matrilinearally marrying claimants, having children,then assasinating Claimants, so that Dynasty members have claim.IS CONSIDERED GAMEY.

I have some troubles with Imperial Reconquest CB as a reformed Roman Empire (1.08).
King of Galicia won Marrakesh region in a holy war and kept all counties in his demesne.
I DoWed him using mentioned CB and won - it gave me only duchy title and exactly 0 counties.
He'll be able to usurp title back in few years. Is it a bug or WAD?

[just a note: I played past it and using de jure CB and breaking truces won all the counties but it still seems like a bug]

You only get the top-title, not everything down to barony level as before. I actually prefer it this way as the other version was pretty overpowered.