• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can't for the life of me find the savefolder. Am I blind?

Do you have win7?

Go to start menu, click search paste this: "%userprofile%\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\save games"

Damn too late.

Playing as King of France, the only Plot which has ever been available to me is to kill my wife. After I accomplished the ambition "have a son", no further ambitions have ever been presented. Is this WAD? Are Kings basically screwed out of the Plot mechanic since they have no lieges?

I kept seeing foreigners (Duke of Brittany) joining my shitty son's various plots against me. Why can't I initiate or join plots against foreign rulers as well? Or even my own vassals?

Hi, I'm new to the Crusader Kings style of play and I'm confused so bear with me.

I think logically you should strive to expand you demesnes to it limits (later taking the best spots and giving the less good to vassals), but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do this. It says I can't ursurp the title of a baron/county and revoke is grayed out. Does it requires something else I'm missing? Prestige I think?

Also the whole Demesnes is confounding me and the tutorials were no use. I get the basics, you control specifics holdings and build stuff there to get taxes and troops to do pretty much anything. But should I try to get cities in my demesnes or church? or Castle? or a balance?

I'm sorry if it all sound basic, but I think I'm mostly getting the rest but this feel a bit like I'm doing a puzzle and I'm missing a corner piece.

Hi, I'm new to the Crusader Kings style of play and I'm confused so bear with me.

I think logically you should strive to expand you demesnes to it limits (later taking the best spots and giving the less good to vassals), but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do this. It says I can't ursurp the title of a baron/county and revoke is grayed out. Does it requires something else I'm missing? Prestige I think?

Also the whole Demesnes is confounding me and the tutorials were no use. I get the basics, you control specifics holdings and build stuff there to get taxes and troops to do pretty much anything. But should I try to get cities in my demesnes or church? or Castle? or a balance?

I'm sorry if it all sound basic, but I think I'm mostly getting the rest but this feel a bit like I'm doing a puzzle and I'm missing a corner piece.

If you hover over any greyed out option it should give you the requirements. Revoking titles does cost you prestige, but it is also unavailable at certain leavels of realm law, as far as I am aware, so it could be that. Be careful when revoking though, as it will lower your vassal's opinions of you. It's not normally a problem but too many revokes could leave you in a tight spot. Try to spur lords, whose titles you want to revoke, in to a traitorous action and then you can revoke their title for free.

As for your second part, I assume you are asking what to build in new holdings? I haven't actually done any of that yet due to still getting my kingdom stable, but what I do know is essentially;

Castles give you troops and some money,
Cities give you money and some troops,
Churches give you a bit of both.

I'd say start off with a castle as it will up your levy size, then a city. That would be my way of going about it anyway. I'm sure I read somewhere that churches are not favoured.

In my current game I hold the county of Palermo with two castles and the levy size I get from it is huge, at least in comparison to my other counties.

And yes, your ultimate goal shuld be to control all the demenses you can. I do try to balance that with keeping close kin happy though. Giving them titles is sometimes advantageous. I've rarely been at maximum demense size and I've not struggled for money, though I have had to use mercenaries a fair bit. You just have to weigh up the odds in a small kingdom.

In general you want castles. Holdings each work best with a certain "type" of character. Castles with nobles, cities with mayors, and temples with priests. Anything different, and there is a -75% penalty on the tax from that holding. You are always going to be a noble, so most of the time it makes more sense to hand off cities and temples to other characters who are of the right type. (Type is determined by your primary title/holding, so if you give a city to a courtier with no other titles, then he'll automatically become a mayor.) Sometimes a city is so rich it's worth having the penalty, but that's the exception not the rule.

As the King of Sicily, my heir is betrothed to a Byzantine Duchess. When he marries her, will he become a vassal of the ERE? What about his children? Does this mean Sicily will eventually become part of the ERE?

I was playing as a duke in Ireland... Munster I believe.

My sole vassal had a big -30 modifier to his attitude toward me because of "wrong government type" (I think that's the correct phrasing).

My duke (me) only had 1 item in his demesne, and it was a castle... which is the correct government type, I think.

Why did the guy hate me so much for the wrong government type?

My sole vassal had a big -30 modifier to his attitude toward me because of "wrong government type" (I think that's the correct phrasing).

My duke (me) only had 1 item in his demesne, and it was a castle... which is the correct government type, I think.

If a count-level or higher title is held by a bishop or mayor, then you will have this penalty.

As the King of Sicily, my heir is betrothed to a Byzantine Duchess. When he marries her, will he become a vassal of the ERE? What about his children? Does this mean Sicily will eventually become part of the ERE?
I'll assume it's a normal marriage.
Because King > Duke, the Byzantine Dukedom will actually become part of Sicily (Unless he got High Crown Authority). Byzantium CAN try to take it back through a war.

I got a question, if a vassal of mine is in jail, in order to improve relations do I need to station the steward in the capital of his lands, or at the location of the prison?

EDIT: Tab back into game, and 5 seconds later my answer is answered. You need to station it at the capital of his lands.
I'll let the question stand for others :)

Unfortuantely there's no way around this modifier, since the county you're talking (Osmond) doesn't have any castles. Whoever holds the primary holding in a county is automatically an earl/count/baron rank. Since the primary holding is a city, whoever holds that will always have that negative modifier (unless you yourself hold it, of course).

Only thing I can suggest is take the title for yourself, build a castle there, then hand it back. The dude will then be an earl, and won't have that modifer anymore.

At least, I'm 95% sure that's how it works.

Is there a capped limit of people that can be in your court? I had a bit of a baby boom which suddenly stopped, just as quick as it started. I'm wondering if this is due to the AI "topping" up the number of people in my court, and the reason why I can never seem to bring people in from other areas, even if they are my realm.

Which brings me onto my second question. Is there any way of telling the person whom you are trying to bring into your court, the reason why you want him/her in the first place? I have a situation where my Steward is hopeless, I have found a person in my realm whom has great stats, who's ambition is to become a Steward, and yet won't come, the main reason being, "no reason to come". Am I missing something basic here?

Is there a capped limit of people that can be in your court? I had a bit of a baby boom which suddenly stopped, just as quick as it started. I'm wondering if this is due to the AI "topping" up the number of people in my court, and the reason why I can never seem to bring people in from other areas, even if they are my realm.

Which brings me onto my second question. Is there any way of telling the person whom you are trying to bring into your court, the reason why you want him/her in the first place? I have a situation where my Steward is hopeless, I have found a person in my realm whom has great stats, who's ambition is to become a Steward, and yet won't come, the main reason being, "no reason to come". Am I missing something basic here?

Soft cap at 30 people in your court, at which point people with 4 or more children can't have more (I THINK thats how it works). I forget exactly where it's defined but you can change it... Not too sure if there's a hard cap, but I've had 55+ people in my court before

As for 2nd question, unfortunately no you can't. Best you can do is give him a gift to raise his relationship and hope that works, or if he's not married, try and marry him materliterally(I spelt that wrong I think) into your court.

One way is to have them marry one of your own courtiers ;)
If it's a man, I think you'll need to offer a matrimonial marriage.

There is a soft cap at 30 people. Normally, each woman is allowed to have five children in her court. If there are more than thirty people in the court, there is one fewer child allowed per woman.

Are there any restrictions on who in your court can be given a council position?
I got a hungarian woman (As Sweden) to move to my court, and I want her to be my spymaster. But she doesn't show up in the selection list?

My question: I'm playing as the king of Scotland. I waited until England was fighting a succession war (old king died, old king's brother went to war with king's son (new king)). Once that happened, I decided to request an invasion CB from the pope, and got it. So I invaded England. During this time, their succession war ended (the old king's son won, so he kept the throne). I eventually beat them and got the throne of England myself.

England's Crown Authority is Max (has been since before I invaded). However, a bunch of the English dukes started fighting each other over titles. Shouldn't this not be able to happen? England is still under Absolute Crown Authority.

Scotland is under Medium Crown Authority, which should ALSO mean vassals can't fight each other, so that's not the reason...

Why are my English vassals able to declare war on each other if both Scotland and England's crown authority is high enough to not allow vassals to fight each other?

Note: It's my English vassals that are fighting other English vassals. Scottish vassals are nice and peaceful.