• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Landed characters don't join their spouses court, as they have their own one to take care of.
It doesn't stop them from doing the horizontal tango and producing offspring, though.

This feels like such a stupid question but I've Googled and searched for naught thus far...

My income has, since I last checked, halved. I've still got plenty but I'm curious why. I have no levies or fleets raised, so I'm unsure about where such a huge chunk of gold is going. Having checked the ledger and the pop out thing on the right side of the screen, I have no idea what my money's doing. Any advice on where to check?

Some of your incomes are from your holdings, which are listed at the right side window and will only be changed through events or tax building completions.
The rests come from your vassals, but they only pay a partial amount depending on how much they like you. Minimum tax % that's set by law for 0 or less opinion, max % if 100.

Unless they're bishops (if you don't have an anti-pope), who either pay taxes to you and just you, or the pope, depending on who they like more.

Check your vassal tab under character window for your tax income break down per vassal.

I am on the Hajj.... while on the Hajj, my Leige imprisoned me.... now my character has been stuck on the Hajj for about 10 years, even after paying the ransom. After paying the ransom, I have the Wudu water impurity event fire twice a month... meaning 20 free Piety per month, which is fun and all... BUT I WANT TO COME HOME!

What even do I need to fire to advance the Hajj storyline, or finish it?

I am Jerusalem, my queen has a weak claim on Egypt (due to de jure laws for that kingdom she didnt get to inherit it) She wants it back, yet I am baffled on how to press the claim in war. I could try to marry the lines back together or something but that is not what I am looking for. The only way I can see is to request an invasion from the pope, who loves us both because we are holy warring all over the east, so I cant get that to work...

I am on the Hajj.... while on the Hajj, my Leige imprisoned me.... now my character has been stuck on the Hajj for about 10 years, even after paying the ransom. After paying the ransom, I have the Wudu water impurity event fire twice a month... meaning 20 free Piety per month, which is fun and all... BUT I WANT TO COME HOME!

You could load the game as your liege and release/ransom your character - save, then restart as yourself.

Try Console "event 86610" followed by "event 86850".

I can't find the final removal event for on_hajj. But those 2 events should remove what flags you have active.

Try Console "event 86610" followed by "event 86850".

I can't find the final removal event for on_hajj. But those 2 events should remove what flags you have active.

Thanks that worked!

It seems like my question landed at the bottom of a page and didn't get any answer, so I'll try again.

After I pushed one of my vassal's claim on the Duchy of Barcelona I noticed that one of the chrches remained independent. Turns out it belongs to the Catalan Band. Is there a way I can use it to vassalise them or is eviction the only choice?

Thanks VELCO for the quick answer - that helps alot.

Edit2: In simple terms:
normal marriage = husband's dynasty, husband's court
matrilinear marriage = wife's dynasty, wife's court[/QUOTE]

Only one thing still confuses me, though. I guess when I am submitting a request for marriage that the checkbox 'Matrilineal' expresses my wish that the marriage be a matrilineal one. What do the little 'blue flag' icons with the tooltip text 'Matrilineal' mean that sometimes appear next to the characters' pictures?

It seems like my question landed at the bottom of a page and didn't get any answer, so I'll try again.

After I pushed one of my vassal's claim on the Duchy of Barcelona I noticed that one of the chrches remained independent. Turns out it belongs to the Catalan Band. Is there a way I can use it to vassalise them or is eviction the only choice?

It's possible that the same method as for Holy Orders'l work for Mercenary Companies as well. Try and see :)

The method is as such:

Land the Company (normally impossible with mercs, but in your case already done).

Kill their current leader, thereby creating a few pretenders to the title.

Invite one of the newly made claimants to your court and land him.

Then press his claim on the Mercenary title.

My guess is that this'll work fine, but haven't tried it since version .02 or something thereabouts.

Only one thing still confuses me, though. I guess when I am submitting a request for marriage that the checkbox 'Matrilineal' expresses my wish that the marriage be a matrilineal one. What do the little 'blue flag' icons with the tooltip text 'Matrilineal' mean that sometimes appear next to the characters' pictures?
The blue flags indicate that you will get an alliance from the marriage. If you hover your mouse over the flag, it will tell you with whom you will get an alliance.

If you are the mercenary company's de jure liege and the holding they have (assuming there is just one) is de jure part of your realm, then with a good opinion of you, you should be able to offer them vassalization and have them accept (assuming you are at least a King). You can't grant land to mercenary companies, so it's usually harder to vassalize them unlike with holy orders. Sometimes they gain land through invasions when someone runs out of money with them hired and they take land as payment. This was the case before the 1.07 patch and I'm assuming it's still accurate.

Last edited:
Hallo again!

Playing as Bohemia, I have swept all before me. The Duchies of Bavaria and Austria have been absorbed, via de jure drift, into the Kingdom of Bohemia, and Silesia is on its way too. I also control Hungary (apart from the county of Pecs), and have recently destroyed the king title hoping my Hungarian territories will eventually be absorbed into Bohemia as well.

So, my question: does anyone know how long it takes before de jure drift kicks off?

How do you get rid of the 'wrong government type' penalty for my vassal? :blush:

You get it when you have a republican vassal. (You used to get it with a theocratic (ie. prince-(arch)bishop) vassal, but that changed recently.) You'll have to... do something about that doge of yours.

Hallo again!

Playing as Bohemia, I have swept all before me. The Duchies of Bavaria and Austria have been absorbed, via de jure drift, into the Kingdom of Bohemia, and Silesia is on its way too. I also control Hungary (apart from the county of Pecs), and have recently destroyed the king title hoping my Hungarian territories will eventually be absorbed into Bohemia as well.

So, my question: does anyone know how long it takes before de jure drift kicks off?

It is immediate after you control all titles within a duchy including the duchy title. If someone outside your realm holds the duchy title, the duchy will not drift to you.

January 1st is when drift is calculated.

so what does Dynasty prestige do?
which dynasty has the most prestige? Karling has about 2k, it's the most I've seen.
Helps with arranging marriages, as the other party will gain prestige for marrying into the house of ____ so might be a bit more agreeable to your scheming empire building marriage policy. Also I believe all children in a dynasty are born with a percentage of their dynasty's prestige as their personal prestige, which helps your new rulers with vassal opinion until they gain prestige on their own.