• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I will try F12. However, yesterday I did PRT SCR and it did looked like it was taking screens, after I exit the game, I could not find it anywhere in my folders. I just got lost, or I had to do something else than just press that button ? Forgot this, I did not use the option for ages (ahm, excuses, excuses..:) )

F11 will create screenshots in a folder under my documents/paradox...

How and when do you gain war-traits?
I have sent my son to lead my army in the last three wars, he has successfully led my army to victory in several big battles and even went on crusade,
but still returned with no war-traits. many other generals came back without traits aswell.

How and when do you gain war-traits?
I have sent my son to lead my army in the last three wars, he has successfully led my army to victory in several big battles and even went on crusade,
but still returned with no war-traits. many other generals came back without traits aswell.

they are random

Change of HRE --> ? change in crown authority

I have about 10 ducal titles in the HRE with a measles-like aspect (as opposed to a blob) - well, you picture Karelia, Tuscany, Meissen and Pomerania and you'll get the idea... ! A huge bunfight for a new Emperor has just erupted - the 'depose liege' faction. I don't really want to go independant, though I suspect I could, but it is a good chance to get out of the Big Grey Blob. But, if the depose liege faction wins, does the new Emperor start off with limited crown auth (in which case I'd rather stay and swallow up the bits between that would conjoin my realms ? )

I have about 10 ducal titles in the HRE with a measles-like aspect (as opposed to a blob) - well, you picture Karelia, Tuscany, Meissen and Pomerania and you'll get the idea... ! A huge bunfight for a new Emperor has just erupted - the 'depose liege' faction. I don't really want to go independant, though I suspect I could, but it is a good chance to get out of the Big Grey Blob. But, if the depose liege faction wins, does the new Emperor start off with limited crown auth (in which case I'd rather stay and swallow up the bits between that would conjoin my realms ? )
Yes, if it is a depose liege war or a faction to install a new ruler then the crown authority should be reduced on winning.

So I've played a little of CK2 but still learning a lot. I have a question about leader stats

Now I know the stats are good for different things and how to pick the best councilors and whatnot but whats the point in your leader having good stats? Do you offer you some sort of factionwide bonus correlated with that stat and how high it is? Or is it only useful in the case of high diplomacy makes people like him and martial is good on the field? But then what about all the other stats? Does Steward give you a bonus to your income or something? And if this is the case where can you view how affective these stats are helping or hindering you?

So I've played a little of CK2 but still learning a lot. I have a question about leader stats

Now I know the stats are good for different things and how to pick the best councilors and whatnot but whats the point in your leader having good stats? Do you offer you some sort of factionwide bonus correlated with that stat and how high it is? Or is it only useful in the case of high diplomacy makes people like him and martial is good on the field? But then what about all the other stats? Does Steward give you a bonus to your income or something? And if this is the case where can you view how affective these stats are helping or hindering you?

Diplo: Opinion
Martial: Leading armies
Stewardship: Demense size and income bonus
Intigue: More likely to succeed with plots and plot defence
Learning: Small tech related boost and also piety.

All skills also help with some events.

What happens when a retinue is completely lost? Is it gone and you have to build another one?

Not sure if I am hallucinating, or if this is a bug... just asking here first, so I don't litter the bug report forum needlessly.

Are the opinion_realm_foreign_culture and opinion_realm_related_culture opinion modifiers still in the game? For some reason I cannot see them anymore, but I could swear I've seen them before.