• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there any way of changing the spawn point of mercenaries? I'm playing as Brittany and have recently inherited 2 duchies in Italy. Being a hated foreigner I need to rely on mercs to keep my Italians in line but all hired mercs spawn back in Brittany and reqiure a full year to march to Italy which kills them as a valid option. I've made Tuscany my primary title but that does not seem to help. Does it take a few years? What if I were to form Kingdom of Italy, would my mercs keep showing up in Brittany when hired? That would be a game killer.

Also how does "badboy" work in CK2? Is there a numerical value I can see somewhere? I've recently had my wayward child assassinated and was discovered doing so. I found that a few random people have a "dishonorable" modifier to thier opion of me, but only a few people and seemingly chosen at random. Anyone know how that works?

Thanks

Is there any way of changing the spawn point of mercenaries? I'm playing as Brittany and have recently inherited 2 duchies in Italy. Being a hated foreigner I need to rely on mercs to keep my Italians in line but all hired mercs spawn back in Brittany and reqiure a full year to march to Italy which kills them as a valid option. I've made Tuscany my primary title but that does not seem to help. Does it take a few years? What if I were to form Kingdom of Italy, would my mercs keep showing up in Brittany when hired? That would be a game killer.

Move your capital. There's a little crown icon by the province's name when you click on it, so if you choose a province in Italy, you can click that icon to move the capital there.

I'm still not sure I understand how to press a claim. My character's wife has a claim on a duchy, one that can be inherited by successor. I'd like to usurp this claim for her so I go to the current title holder. I can't declare war because the holder isn't independent and I don't have a valid CB. I go to his liege and can't declare on him, either, as I don't have a valid CB. How do I press my wife's claim, or can't I press this type of claim by war?

You need to wait for the claim to pass to your hier.

For example, as the King of Leon, I married the daughter of the HRE.

She has the claim now, but it is our son who will be the one who is able to press the claim.

Is it possible for the AI to decide what to build in your controlled counties? Cause I swear I havent ordered any building in my capital and its building things without my consent. Whats strange is it isnt costing me gold either, yet my capital is building a harbor...

Is it possible for the AI to decide what to build in your controlled counties? Cause I swear I havent ordered any building in my capital and its building things without my consent. Whats strange is it isnt costing me gold either, yet my capital is building a harbor...

If it's in your capital, but not your owned holding (blue border) then the AI baron/bishop/mayor is building it. If it's in your owned holding (green border) either something odd has happened, or you've built something and forgotten about it.

If it's in your capital, but not your owned holding (blue border) then the AI baron/bishop/mayor is building it. If it's in your owned holding (green border) either something odd has happened, or you've built something and forgotten about it.

I think ill have to bug report it. Its def a blue border. It wont show up as being built in the message sidebar thing even with show building selected. And a steward sent to increase construction time has no effect on its finishing time. So something strange is going on for sure. Its not the first time either, I noticed earlier in the game walls were being built and I was just like..hmm..i guess i misclicked and shrugged it off, then it happened again to turn the wooden walls into small stone walls..i was like WTH...but again shrugged it off as maybe a mistake a did.. But i am certain I never selected to build a harbor..and yet there it is being built.. I dunno what has happened but the AI is def deciding what to build

I think ill have to bug report it. Its def a blue border. It wont show up as being built in the message sidebar thing even with show building selected. And a steward sent to increase construction time has no effect on its finishing time. So something strange is going on for sure. Its not the first time either, I noticed earlier in the game walls were being built and I was just like..hmm..i guess i misclicked and shrugged it off, then it happened again to turn the wooden walls into small stone walls..i was like WTH...but again shrugged it off as maybe a mistake a did.. But i am certain I never selected to build a harbor..and yet there it is being built.. I dunno what has happened but the AI is def deciding what to build

A blue border? That's not a bug at all. That's the AI owners of those holdings building in them. You needn't build in blue-bordered holdings, you don't own them, and the AI will happily spend its money on improving them, both for their benefit, and for yours, as their liege.

A blue border? That's not a bug at all. That's the AI owners of those holdings building in them. You needn't build in blue-bordered holdings, you don't own them, and the AI will happily spend its money on improving them, both for their benefit, and for yours, as their liege.

What the... dammit, ive been wasting money then lol...I gotta stop diving into paradox games ive never played before without reading manuals.

She has the claim now, but it is our son who will be the one who is able to press the claim.

But what if the claim will not pass on succession? What do you do then? You can't declare war on behalf of your wife but your son won't get her claim if she dies, either.

Problem/tl;dr: HRE Duke becomes King of Aragon, Emperor starts revoking his HRE holdings

I'm Duke of Saxony and Holland. Spain is getting overrun by sultanates so I declare holy war and start taking duchies (Gascogne, Barcelona, and Aragon). Then I make the Kingdom of Aragon and that becomes my primary title, but I seem to occupy a similar place to the King of Bohemia in the HRE; thus I'm still in the HRE grey on the map, not independent. Things are going pretty well with the Emperor during all this; he picks up a couple pieces from third parties and we've got a good thing going.

Then he dies and his successor becomes a huge jerk. HRE has Medium Crown Authority but he starts sending me Revoke Title request after request, (entertaining because they always start "Duke Dirk, Tales of your Magnificence are told around the realm; we've decided to take Zeeland from you.") for my Holy Roman holdings that he has claims on. He keeps putting himself over the demesne limit, which he takes a hit for, but doesn't seem to receive any for revoking my titles.

Is there any way to coexist peacefully? Am I going to have to give up my HRE holdings or fight him?

Ofcourse you can press the claim for your son and then when he inherits your land you'll have both.

I'm sure this question came up earlier but... can you ask the pope to call a crusade to liberate a specific duchy? How?

No.

But what if the claim will not pass on succession? What do you do then? You can't declare war on behalf of your wife but your son won't get her claim if she dies, either.

Then you lose the claim.

I think you're confusing wrong government type with wrong governor type.
And you would be right.
So the followup question is then... The county of Murcia has 'open elective' government, so how can I assign anybody as its lord that doesn't get the -30 'wrong government type' penalty if the county is elective? (I checked the claimants and the only claimant is some muslim dude that obviously won't come to my court). And also, how can I change it from elective?

Does anyone know how to handle The elective succession law well?

It seems to be hit and miss. Vassals with 90 opinion of me, still vote for random mayors.

I know you can;t win every heart, but it would be nice to see why someone isn;t voting for you.

I have a single wealthy county which is seperated from my other holdings by one other county. It revolts monthly despite having only a 2% revolt chance, probably due to some annoying isolation modifier. Does anyone know if camping your marshall in that province in Supress Revolt mode would help against that or does that only work vs the regular revolt risk listed in county screen? Is an isolated province a lost cause? I'm guessing giving it to a vassal won't help either. I might be forced to gift it to the pope.

What should I look for when trying to find a guardian for my heir?

Does anyone know how to handle The elective succession law well?

It seems to be hit and miss. Vassals with 90 opinion of me, still vote for random mayors.

I know you can;t win every heart, but it would be nice to see why someone isn;t voting for you.

The opinion that matters is your vassal's opinion of the heir, not you.

The opinion that matters is your vassal's opinion of the heir, not you.

Not entirely, I've been able to observe votes changing by bribing electors and granting non landed titles.