• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A question regarding Anti-Popes:
I made one, how do I get rid of him short of putting him on the Papal throne? Because when I made one my plan was to use him to reduce the authority of the catholic church until heresy would spread easily and I'd convert, however since the authority is sitting pretty at 100 and the Abbadids have now been able to create Hispania my plan had to change. They enjoy trying to invade my holdings in Brittany and the holy orders are the main reason they've only succeeded once.

Is this a bug or by design?

I'm playing the Queen of Hungary (matrilineal) and my son and heir is a male. The King was just given a barony and a Duchy via a claim so he moved to his new court and took the heir with him - so now I can't betroth him. I didn't expect my heir (his son) to go with him. Any other gotchas like this when playing a woman?

He left court with his father? He didn't accept an invite to join his court?

I have never had my children leave my court with their fathers whilst playing as a female character.

I have never had my children leave my court with their fathers whilst playing as a female character.

He's not old enough to invite yet - I assume/hope that when he turns 16 I will be able to get a Yes from him.

He was in my court and then at some point he went with his father. I granted the father a Barony in one of my counties and then pressed his clam for the Duchy of Bosnia. I'm not sure at which point he left my court. Oh wait - he's being educated by his father - that would do it wouldn't it? But I seem to recall in the past being able to set up a marriage for a child even if he was being tutored in another court.

Dumb question: what does yellow signify on the Diplomatic Relations map? So far I understand the map like this:
* Purple = allies
* Light green = your territory
* Medium green = your vassals' territory
* Red = enemy territory
* Yellow = ???

I notice I have a casus belli for most if not all of the yellow, so I assume this is something like "territorial claim"? Often I get a helpful note on mouseover like "Casus Bellis: Holy War for Aragorn." (BTW, this is a misspelling: the plural of "Casus Belli" is still "Casus Belli".) But for some it doesn't tell me anything at all, or, at least, not anything different from dark gray territory. When I start in September 1066 as William, sometimes I have more yellow territories on the map next to Normandy than in other games. I assume Vexin is yellow due to my de jure claim, and I'm guessing my liege's provinces are yellow because I can usurp my liege. But what about Artois? This is one of the counties that's only sometimes yellow at the start of the game. This time it is -- why? If I have a claim on it, is there a screen that will tell me where this claim is coming from?

I really think the manual or game should explain this. I looked all over, but couldn't find it... it doesn't seem to even be on the wiki...

I see now, you're right. My heir must have been invited by his father. To prevent this should I have been paying attention to my heir's Opinion? Got to be careful when both parents have a court.

But what about Artois? This is one of the counties that's only sometimes yellow at the start of the game. This time it is -- why? If I have a claim on it, is there a screen that will tell me where this claim is coming from?

Just started a game as William to check this, I believe the whole Duchy of Flanders is yellow because you have a claimant in your court for the County of Guines (William le Blount). However the Count of Guines is a vassal of the Duke of Flanders, so pressing the claim would put you in war with the whole Duchy, which includes Artois.

While you don't have a claim this time, you can check for claimants in your court in page 14 of your ledger (below the minimap, between the "main menu" and "go to home province" buttons).

This may have been anwsered before, but how do you find Province IDs and Charector IDs?

Character ID with the Console Command "charinfo anytexthere" Province ID no idea and I'm interested myself.

"charinfo 1" Just keep it simple.

Also landed_titles.txt has all the actual province names. The are usually the same as their ingame names though. "c_middlesex" is the county of middlesex, etc. But the county of Rome is actually "c_roma".

Hi guys!
I've noticed that the only way I ever expand into other provinces is through fabricating claims and pressing ducal claims once I usurp a duchy. Since I almost exclusively start as a single-province counties it makes the progress unspectacular to say the least. I've recently tried marrying my sons to neighbouring claimants, but most of the neighbouring duchies are pure agnatic or don't have viable daughters. What am I missing?

Hi guys!
I've noticed that the only way I ever expand into other provinces is through fabricating claims and pressing ducal claims once I usurp a duchy. Since I almost exclusively start as a single-province counties it makes the progress unspectacular to say the least. I've recently tried marrying my sons to neighbouring claimants, but most of the neighbouring duchies are pure agnatic or don't have viable daughters. What am I missing?
It sounds like you're actually doing the right things, but when you start out as a Count you are pretty reliant on fabricating a claim or two to really start expanding unless you are a Muslim ruler with the conquest cassus belli. If you are trying to marry into land, remember that it's not always all about just inheriting the land, but also inheriting the claims the spouses have or will have when the current ruler dies. This means that you can marry someone who doesn't yet have a claim, but will do soon. When a ruler dies, all of the children will get at least a weak inheritable claim and the first three in the line of succession will get a strong claim. It is often really slow starting out, but once you're a Duke things go much faster and once you're a King and can invite claimants for duchies to press, things move even faster; it's like a snowball effect.

Just came back to playing CK2 after a couple of months of not really playing much..... Unless I'm mistaken there was a patch a while back that was meant to stop the Kaiser granting duchies to people who owned one county the other side of the empire, yet my current attempts to unite Italy are being scuppered by the Kaiser constantly granting Italian duchies to German counts (invariably when I'm in the middle of a war that would've seen me gain counties in the duchy concerned). So when was this particular problem unfixed, and why?

Hi all!
I would like to know: is there any official mean to check the moral authority of another church? I usually check it by typing the command religion x but i would like to know if there is no more easier way =p

Just came back to playing CK2 after a couple of months of not really playing much..... Unless I'm mistaken there was a patch a while back that was meant to stop the Kaiser granting duchies to people who owned one county the other side of the empire, yet my current attempts to unite Italy are being scuppered by the Kaiser constantly granting Italian duchies to German counts (invariably when I'm in the middle of a war that would've seen me gain counties in the duchy concerned). So when was this particular problem unfixed, and why?

I don't know if that particular problem was ever taken care of. The emperor does not create kingdoms now (not even one ... even though this would be kinda intelligent xD).
It is a good idea to not have vassal counts outside of the de jure area in the first years of a 1066 game. The emperor always gains a ton of ducal titles by wiping out Italian rebellions and likes to reduce the size of his biggest vassals.
You're only save of this shenanigans when you are independent :/

When I have a claim on a county/duchy/kingdom from a guy on my court and win the war will he be my vasall?
What the previous poster said is mostly correct, but to elaborate (for patch 1.06b):

- If the title that you are trying to press for is of a higher or equal rank than yours, then the claimant will never become your vassal.
- If the claimant is already your vassal then they will still be your vassal after the war.
- If the claim is on an area that is already part of your de jure realm (e.g. a duchy within your kingdom) then the claimant will become your vassal automatically.
- If the claimant is of your dynasty then he/she will become your vassal after the war.

There is an exception for the last part which applies for pressing claims on kingdoms as an Emperor. In these cases, the claimant will never be your vassal after the war unless the kingdom is de jure part of your empire or is already your vassal. Even though the tooltip will tell you differently, in these cases the claimant being of your dynasty makes no difference. This seems like a bug and may be fixed in an upcoming patch (it has been reported).