• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I currently a king of a couple of kingdoms, and my heir (son) is a complete retard. I want to get rid of him and have my other son be the heir, however I can't select a plot to kill him. Also, I have Free investiure in some of my kingdoms, so I thought I could make him a bishop so that he would not inherit anything important, however when I select to appoint a bishop successor, he does not show up as an option. Why is it that I can not plot to kill my heir nor appoint them as a successor for a bishopric?

Why not use the assassinate option through diplomacy?

You can not plot to kill your children. You can not disinherit your direct hier with a bishop title. But you can disinherit your son's children before you die - plan ahead. ;)

Why not use the assassinate option through diplomacy?

You can not plot to kill your children. You can not disinherit your direct hier with a bishop title. But you can disinherit your son's children before you die - plan ahead. ;)

So the only way I can directly disinherit my son is to assassinate him. Ok then, thanks for the help.

Why do duchies border change like at the beginning when I gave my vassal the duchy of Jerusalem it had few counties near Jerusalem now it ahs are in Northumberland and in various places why does this happen and can I somehow restore the duchies like they were?

I'm not sure that's a discussion you should be having on an internet forum. Probably best to discuss it with your parents.

Here's a technical explanation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregnancy

That´s strange, I thought this was a 'Quick Answers' thread and not a 'try to be funny but failing miserably' one ...

Im out leeding troops and my wife has become pregnant three times. How is this possible?

The game doesn´t take the fact that spouses are in different realms as a factor when it comes to producing children. Though this might seem stupid at first it is most likely for game balance.

That´s strange, I thought this was a 'Quick Answers' thread and not a 'try to be funny but failing miserably' one ...
Now now, no need to be an ass, is there?

As for Persiani's question, as one might guess CK2 pregnancies don't require physical contact. It is simply to simplify the gameplay.

Im out leeding troops and my wife has become pregnant three times. How is this possible?

This game doesnt seem to have built-in awareness of physical geographical separation. Once I sent my rebellious steward, who was one of my vassals to research technology in the county of Veliky Ustug in Rus. Notwithstanding that he was on the mission at the other end of the world, he easiliy rallied his troops and declared a war to me. How? By e-mail, most probably:glare:

Who should you nominate Antipope if you want to maximize the money he generates you?

Why do duchies border change like at the beginning when I gave my vassal the duchy of Jerusalem it had few counties near Jerusalem now it ahs are in Northumberland and in various places why does this happen and can I somehow restore the duchies like they were?
The duchy borders haven't changed, but likely the Duke has acquired the County of Northumberland, so his realm borders have changed. This is likely what you are seeing on the map if you are not looking at the de jure duchies view. I think basically therefore what you are asking is how you can stop your Dukes expanding. You can change to absolute crown authority to stop them declaring war, but usually absolute crown authority is just a bad idea and they can still inherit things outside your realm. If it really bugs you, there may be a plot to revoke the county that is outside of his de jure area.

Are there still people playing the game MP?
Yes. Look in the multiplayer sub-forum to see some of the regular scheduled games.

Who should you nominate Antipope if you want to maximize the money he generates you?
Someone with high diplomacy and who has good traits that are liked by the church.

Is it normal that if the Pope loses Rome he gets married and starts behaving like any elective ruler?
If the Pope loses all of his land then he usually ends up "Residing in Rome", but the Papacy should continue as normal. I'm guessing that the Pope was deposed by an Anti-Pope and lost the Papacy as well. In this case, yes it may happen, but he wouldn't be a ruler at all, so I'm not sure what you mean about being elective.

Last edited:
I'm ruling an elective monarchy that I'm about to change to primogeniture (that requires high CA). If I lower CA to medium after establishing primogeniture, will the succession rules change back or something?

Looking for a couple of tips as William the Bastard:

1) I start out with a good size purse, can I spend some or will I desperately need that money later?

2) In order to gain every holding (and reportedly start out with Medium Crown Authority) do I have to take every holding in every county or will taking one holding in every county suffice?

This game doesnt seem to have built-in awareness of physical geographical separation. Once I sent my rebellious steward, who was one of my vassals to research technology in the county of Veliky Ustug in Rus. Notwithstanding that he was on the mission at the other end of the world, he easiliy rallied his troops and declared a war to me. How? By e-mail, most probably:glare:
When at war, I routinely swap which vassals are heading my armies. "Rebels in Poland? Quick, raise some troops and put the King of Ireland, the Duke of Upper Loraine, and the Count of Barcelona in charge!"