• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've searched here, Google and the manual to no avail. Does anyone know how to turn notifications back on in the alert zone once they've been dismissed? :sad:
In the outliner on the right hand side, click the button at the top which says "open outline category configuration" and then check "disabled alerts". The alerts you have disabled will then appear in the outliner and you can click on them to re-enable them.

Is there any reason to ever supply troops to an AI alliance? If so, has anyone discussed in any detail the strategy/tactics involved?
I assume you mean actually fighting for them rather than just accepting the call to arms. Apart from the obvious reason of helping if you don't want them to lose the particular war, then another reason is that you can gain quite a lot of prestige/piety if you always try to help you allies.

Last edited:
My muslim emperor character just died and his heir took over - and I've got a bunch of Threats to resolve. My half-brother is showing at -100 Opinion but doesn't show up as a Threat. He is fighting a revolt but there are other Vassals fighting revolts and they show up on the Threat screen. Does he not show up because he follows different rules than other Threats (being a Pretender, etc...)? Can he be appeased the same way my other vassals are appeased or his case special because he's a Pretender. Is war inevitable or can he be appeased?

He's likely not showing up because he's busy with his own problems.

He can be appeased, but be warned that he can sway others to fight his cause. Be sure to get as many direct vassals as possible on your side.

My muslim emperor character just died and his heir took over - and I've got a bunch of Threats to resolve. My half-brother is showing at -100 Opinion but doesn't show up as a Threat. He is fighting a revolt but there are other Vassals fighting revolts and they show up on the Threat screen. Does he not show up because he follows different rules than other Threats (being a Pretender, etc...)? Can he be appeased the same way my other vassals are appeased or his case special because he's a Pretender. Is war inevitable or can he be appeased?
I believe it's actually impossible for him to revolt against his liege while fighting a revolt of his own. If you load up and play as your half-brother you should find that it wouldn't let you try to declare war for independence etc. As far as I can remember, if a vassal has a truce with you, it still shows the vassal might revolt warning, so I guess that isn't the problem here, but this is also something that will also stop a vassal revolting. It's very likely that once his war ends he will declare war on you, but whether or not a vassal revolts is dependent on a lot of other factors as well as opinion (you can see these when viewing threats in intrigue and hovering over the percentage). Typically though, when you're playing as a Muslim I find it's usually beneficial (and often necessary) to just imprison all your brothers when you take power. This solves a lot of these problems as brothers usually hate you, and half-brothers especially so.

I believe it's actually impossible for him to revolt against his liege while fighting a revolt of his own. If you load up and play as your half-brother you should find that it wouldn't let you try to declare war for independence etc. As far as I can remember, if a vassal has a truce with you, it still shows the vassal might revolt warning, so I guess that isn't the problem here, but this is also something that will also stop a vassal revolting. It's very likely that once his war ends he will declare war on you, but whether or not a vassal revolts is dependent on a lot of other factors as well as opinion (you can see these when viewing threats in intrigue and hovering over the percentage). Typically though, when you're playing as a Muslim I find it's usually beneficial (and often necessary) to just imprison all your brothers when you take power. This solves a lot of these problems as brothers usually hate you, and half-brothers especially so.

It's 1400+ and Prison is what I've been using for most of the game but I recently had a scare where my Dynasty members were all dying off "naturally". At one point I only had three little kids left from three different families. So, I've just recently been trying to keep my brothers alive and out of Prison (where they usually die quickly). This half-brother is Sultan of Persia & Syria but the Empire is huge. I'd rather not fight if I have to and I'm not worried about Decadence at this late stage in the game. I also have the option of giving him the Persian Empire and keeping the Byzantine and creating the Arabian for myself.

Does anyone know how long the "upset/outraged about succession law change" modifier lasts?

It's 1400+ and Prison is what I've been using for most of the game but I recently had a scare where my Dynasty members were all dying off "naturally". At one point I only had three little kids left from three different families. So, I've just recently been trying to keep my brothers alive and out of Prison (where they usually die quickly). This half-brother is Sultan of Persia & Syria but the Empire is huge. I'd rather not fight if I have to and I'm not worried about Decadence at this late stage in the game. I also have the option of giving him the Persian Empire and keeping the Byzantine and creating the Arabian for myself.

I don't see the problem as long as you keep your main line going.

Release prisoner doesn't always give me +10 opinion with everyone like the menu says, and I checked that my vassals didn't have that opinion modifier already. Can this only work once? or Does the released prisoner have to be my courtier/vassal? or something else?

When starting as a single-province count, is it more profitable in a long-term to save up and get your income buildings going ASAP, or rather fabricate a claim and snatch another county with mercs?

Also, is it a good idea for me to revoke a city in my first county as soon as prestige permits? I usually choose to keep it for myself for some extra cash. Do you guys often do that?

When starting as a single-province count, is it more profitable in a long-term to save up and get your income buildings going ASAP, or rather fabricate a claim and snatch another county with mercs?

Also, is it a good idea for me to revoke a city in my first county as soon as prestige permits? I usually choose to keep it for myself for some extra cash. Do you guys often do that?

1) It's more profitable to snatch a second province. You pretty much have twice the amount of everything afterwards!
2) It depends: In the longterm I only keep counties for myself. Of course in the beginning it's a big boost to control all holdings yourself. Just make sure to give them away when you have better alternatives.

Can I somehow add wargoals in this game like when someone attacks me and then I win but dont gany profit expect prestige?

Your gainings from winning a defensive war is dependent on the type of CB your attacker uses to attack so the answer to your qeustion is: No.

I currently a king of a couple of kingdoms, and my heir (son) is a complete retard. I want to get rid of him and have my other son be the heir, however I can't select a plot to kill him. Also, I have Free investiure in some of my kingdoms, so I thought I could make him a bishop so that he would not inherit anything important, however when I select to appoint a bishop successor, he does not show up as an option. Why is it that I can not plot to kill my heir nor appoint them as a successor for a bishopric?