• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Anyone know if there's any real benefit to embracing heresy? If I want to convert Europe to Cathar...do I get any benefits? I know Pagans and Mongols apparently get some bonuses..but what if I just want to be not Catholic/Orthodox?
You get to Holy War catholics, but catholics can also Holy War you. I didn't notice anything else special in my (admittedly short) life as a cathar.

You only get 25% of the income from a city or temple, due to being a monarch and thus having the "wrong type of holding in demesne". Mayors and doges don't have this problem for cities.

Do counts and dukes suffer the same penalty? Where can I see a modifier for this? I've never had a bit of info saying I get barely any money.

Do counts and dukes suffer the same penalty? Where can I see a modifier for this? I've never had a bit of info saying I get barely any money.

Any noble gets that penalty. Hover your mouse over the holding's income to see the modifiers on base income.

I have high crown authority and yet I have 2 vassals figthing (a count and a duke for the duchy) and the risk of a title getting inherited out of the realm. But the tooltip said that this shouldn't happen at high, what gives?

It surely efects how fast military tech improves (though it might have some other benefits too, i'm not sure about that) :)

It also helps in battles.

I have high crown authority and yet I have 2 vassals figthing (a count and a duke for the duchy) and the risk of a title getting inherited out of the realm. But the tooltip said that this shouldn't happen at high, what gives?

THe vassals fighting sounds like a bug. The risk of getting inherited out of realm may also be a bug, I've noticed it showing up when the duchy changes dynasty but won't move realms, similar things happen w/ bishoprics. Check the warning and see if the inheritor is landed, if he isn't he shouldn't leave when he gets it.

Do you have multiple King tier titles(non-titular)? If so, you may not have high crown authority in their De Jure kingdom. If you do have multiple king titles, go to the laws tab, and click the shield for the other kingdom; you will see your separate laws there.

Re. state martial, it also modifies your troops' org and the defensiveness of holdings. Not sure if that's for your demesne/personal levies or realm. I suspect the latter.

Code:
static_martial_mod = {
	land_organisation = 0.01
	global_defensive = 0.01
}

I was wondering if anyone could help me understand what the conditions for your Spymaster to be able to get the option of corruption uncovered outcome, it only comes up as an option sometimes and I can't figure out what the conditions are even looking at the code which follows.

trigger = {
has_job_action = action_organize_spies
location = {
any_province_lord = {
NOT = { is_liege_of = ROOT }
NOT = { character = ROOT }
ROOT = {
liege = {
NOT = { opinion = { who = PREVPREV value = 0 } }
same_realm = PREVPREV

Hrm -- maybe I didn't wait long enough for them to arrive?

If you're doing it all within your own demesne I don't think there's any waiting time involved. Just like with internal marriages you arrange it happens instantly. So I think you have a valid issue with the tutor not getting the +20 bonus. In my test, even after 5 years of a child being tutored by own of my courtiers there was no relationship bonus, whereas you get the +20 immediately upon an outsider sending you the acceptance message.

I'm still not sure I understand how to press a claim. My character's wife has a claim on a duchy, one that can be inherited by successor. I'd like to usurp this claim for her so I go to the current title holder. I can't declare war because the holder isn't independent and I don't have a valid CB. I go to his liege and can't declare on him, either, as I don't have a valid CB. How do I press my wife's claim, or can't I press this type of claim by war?

How long does this game last? I'm in the 14th century. With over 30k in points. I just want it to end so I can start over :p

Until 1453.

I'm still not sure I understand how to press a claim. My character's wife has a claim on a duchy, one that can be inherited by successor. I'd like to usurp this claim for her so I go to the current title holder. I can't declare war because the holder isn't independent and I don't have a valid CB. I go to his liege and can't declare on him, either, as I don't have a valid CB. How do I press my wife's claim, or can't I press this type of claim by war?

I don't think you can press women's claims. Though when your wife dies your son will inherit the claim, and when you play as him you will be able to press it.

How does advisors studying technology work? Do I put them in a province where the current tech level is high so they can bring the knowledge back home, or put them in a province where I would like improvements to be researched?

How does advisors studying technology work? Do I put them in a province where the current tech level is high so they can bring the knowledge back home, or put them in a province where I would like improvements to be researched?

I believe you put them in the province in which you desire increased research.

The eligible provinces are helpfully coloured green, while if you move them to a province coloured black they will be ineffective. The spymaster goes to another country and steals their tech, while the other three capable of studying tech do so in the provinces in which you desire increased technology.