• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Destroying a kingdom title may help you control it in the long run:

- Only one crown law that all your subjects will be subject to. You don't have to set them all to primogeniture or fear half your kingdoms splintering off with elective.
- This also means that once de-jure drift is complete, they won't be able to fight each another since medium-high-absolute crown law advantages only affects counties in the same de jure kingdom.

Destroying duchies can also have good reason:

- You have holdings across 3-5 small ones and it annoys your vassals, that you have too many duchy titles
- You want to give away some land to subjects, but you want to keep them weak. Holding the ducal title will anger them, but giving away will create a strong rival. This goes particularly for 4-6 county duchies if you're still a mid sized kingdom.

Personal preference also plays in. I like the simplicity of holding only one actual kingdom title.

Another one:

Under what circunstances you get the "Press all Claims" Claim? I have a lot of claims against Norway, playing Denmark, is there any way of going for more than a county or duchy?

Thanks!

I think Press All Claims works only on personal claims, like what you get with Fabricate Claims. De-Jure and claims pressed for Courtiers & Vassals can be done only one at a time.

Last one for today:

How you get to change the relation Duchy-Counties? If you have a County that's associated with a Duchy you don't have, can you related to another one?

Thanks a lot!

Last one for today:

How you get to change the relation Duchy-Counties? If you have a County that's associated with a Duchy you don't have, can you related to another one?

Thanks a lot!

I'm assuming you mean a de jure drift of a county, from one duchy to another. In that case, no. There is not county specific de jure drift.

I'm getting a little confused about warscore for wars I am not participating in. How can I tell which side is winning from the score? Am I shown the attacker's score, the defender's, or something else?

Also, what determines whether I can offer to help my wife in a war? I claimed some territory for her and I have been helping her defend it against claimants (using the "Offer to Join War" dialog option with her). But now she is being attacked by a couple enemies at once again, and the option "Offer to Join War" is now missing from the dialog. I don't have truces or alliances with anyone involved. Thanks for your help!

I'm getting a little confused about warscore for wars I am not participating in. How can I tell which side is winning from the score? Am I shown the attacker's score, the defender's, or something else?

You're shown the attackers score, regardless of who you look at so a score of -46 would mean that the defender is winning.

Also, what determines whether I can offer to help my wife in a war? I claimed some territory for her and I have been helping her defend it against claimants (using the "Offer to Join War" dialog option with her). But now she is being attacked by a couple enemies at once again, and the option "Offer to Join War" is now missing from the dialog. I don't have truces or alliances with anyone involved. Thanks for your help!
I think I figured it out - I think my "Offer to Join War" button went away because I had accepted a call to arms for another ally. (?) I finished his war, and then I was able to offer to join my wife's wars again.

Is there a way to legitimize a bastard after birth? I didn't know I would turn celibate and my trueborn sons would die... Well, I sort of expected celibacy, since it seems to run in the family, but not the other part.

Can someone explain when a claimant on whose behalf I go to war becomes my vassal?

Specifically, here's the scenario. I am Emperor of Britannia. I have two daughters and three sons. My oldest child is a daughter; my second child is a son and he's my heir.

Eldest daughter matri-married a German noble and had a son with him. Grandson has a claim to the HRE and I press it in war. Since he is of my house, I expect he will become my vassal, but after the war, he is independent.

Is this because an Emperor can't be vassal to another Emperor, or is there something else going on?

Related question -- if I can somehow manage to kill both my sons (and any male descendents they may have) and my eldest daughter, I think my grandson/newly installed HRE will then become my heir. When my current PC dies, will he then become the Emperor of a united Britannia/HRE empire?

Is there a way to legitimize a bastard after birth? I didn't know I would turn celibate and my trueborn sons would die... Well, I sort of expected celibacy, since it seems to run in the family, but not the other part.

Should be under the intrigue tab.

Can someone explain when a claimant on whose behalf I go to war becomes my vassal?

Specifically, here's the scenario. I am Emperor of Britannia. I have two daughters and three sons. My oldest child is a daughter; my second child is a son and he's my heir.

Eldest daughter matri-married a German noble and had a son with him. Grandson has a claim to the HRE and I press it in war. Since he is of my house, I expect he will become my vassal, but after the war, he is independent.

Is this because an Emperor can't be vassal to another Emperor, or is there something else going on?

Related question -- if I can somehow manage to kill both my sons (and any male descendents they may have) and my eldest daughter, I think my grandson/newly installed HRE will then become my heir. When my current PC dies, will he then become the Emperor of a united Britannia/HRE empire?

1: An emperor cannot be the vassal of another emperor, since they are ont he same power tier.
2: Should be.

The penalty for revoking it lasts only one generation, the "desires kingdom of X" lasts forever.
To pick this up: Is there a possibility to "create" this desire when playing a vassal to a king? Or even a Duke? As a count there is an intrigue choice to "demand duchy from liege" that requires you to desire the duchy. How do I do that?

To pick this up: Is there a possibility to "create" this desire when playing a vassal to a king? Or even a Duke? As a count there is an intrigue choice to "demand duchy from liege" that requires you to desire the duchy. How do I do that?

As I understand it, you will desire the duchy in question if you are a count with your capital in the de jure area of the duchy in question. If your liege holds the duchy title (and he's at least a king), then you should be able to demand it from him.