• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a question regarding crown authority changes. There was a request from the King to vote on increasing crown authority. There was a support and an ignore button. I thought that I would deal with it later and pressed ignore. However now I cannot seem to come back to it even though I would be very much keen on accepting the change. I can check the current standing of the votes and I see myself amongst the opponents however I do not seem to find where to agree to it so that I appear among those who are in favour.

Does ignoring the request for the first time mean that I cannot change my mind ever again?

If yes then it sux bigtime...

Thanks,

Alex

My heir asked me for a title and I promised him one, but now there is a bit of an...impediment to that.

Will he accept an honorary title as fulfillment of my promise, or does he require land?

He wants himself some land. If you renege on your promise and don't give him land for awhile, he'll come back wanting some land (say a county or something) that you own and basically say: "Give me this land or you'll insult my honor!" And of course if you insult him, it's a big opinion hit and he might walk. So you might want to grant him something while you have a choice of what land.

Do the Saxons still change into the English? I'm in a game where it's 1170 and England is still saxon and i can't see any english characters.

To my best understanding, there has to be a Norman (King/duke) ruling a Saxon (duke/count) for the melting pot event to happen. Just one instance in the whole Kingdom will trigger it...over time.

A second question- is it possible to "generate" new named noble dynasties? It gets a little confusing when you have multiple unrelated de Perths and de Scones all across Britannia

If you generate random barons (by right-clicking on an empty holding that isn't the top holding, and choosing the left option) then a baron is generated. They are (to the best of my knowledge) the only ones of their family. If you are talking about the cadet branches of a family snapping off and starting anew, that is currently not a game feature.

Random idea: What happens if a caliph turns christian? Currently considering a game as the Sunni caliphate where I conquer Rome (after it's drifted into the papacy dejure), and then swear fealty to the Pope and convert to my liege's religion.

EDIT: Spelling. I meant the pope, not the "cope", whoever that is.
EDIT 2: and some minor grammar that I really should've spotting the 1st or 2nd time around.

Probably the same thing that happened to the Byzantine empire in my game when it became islamic: Half the empire erupted in rebellion and the other half was not happy that their liege was now an infidel. The surviving parts did slowly turn muslim though (before the empire was completely wiped out by a crusade and a lot of holy wars)

Anyway, the Pope is only a King-tier title. You cannot swear to someone who is your equal or inferior tier-wise. To convert, you could have your heir raised by a catholic vassal, preferably zealous or diligent and of your own culture if possible (child can only change either culture or religion).

Probably the same thing that happened to the Byzantine empire in my game when it became islamic: Half the empire erupted in rebellion and the other half was not happy that their liege was now an infidel.

Anyway, the Pope is only a King-tier title. You cannot swear to someone who is your equal or inferior tier-wise. To convert, you could have your heir raised by a catholic vassal, preferably zealous or diligent and of your own culture if possible (child can only change either culture or religion).

Sunni caliph is a duke, though?

Sorry, messed up title between Sultan and Caliph.

Will, nothing much will happen, you will just be another catholic country, able to join crusades and call upon holy orders.

It'd be a tiny bit strange for a catholic duke to call Islamic holy wars.. You can now do normal holy wars for duchy level territory.

Anyway, isn't it Sheik (count) -> Emir (duke) -> Caliph (king) -> Sultan (emperor)?

How do I force gavel kind succession law in all of my vassal realm. I try to change succession law in my country but it does not effect my vassal's realm.

Well. I guess you could reload as each one of your vassals and change it that way. You can console-command force it to happen with the allow laws command. You would just have to do it for every single vassal you'd want to do it for. (You could speed this process with the 'charinfo, play' commands to quickly switch between them)

OK Am King of Wales & England, invite a Prince with a strong claim on Scottish throne into my court & once in, marry him matrilineally with my daughter then give him Middlesex. I then wait until he dies & his son & heir, my grandson, inherits the (by now weak) claim on Scotland (as well as Middlesex). I then assasinate the Scottish King so I can use the weak claim & declare war......

Now the tool tip on declaring war said, and I quote:

Claim Scotland
This Casus Belli can be used by King Me to press Earl Grandson's claim on the Kingdom of Scotland
If King Me and Earl Grandson of Middlesex are of the same dynasty (which they most certainly are) or if blah blah de jure liege (not applicable) _Earl Grandson will also become a vassal of King Me_!!!

Slight complicating fact is that my King died in the middle of the war but his son inherited all titles & carried on........ at end of won war - Scotland is still fully independant, no sign whatsoever of any vassal obligation, ok the Scottish King loves me & is of my house but now Middlesex is Scottish & I'm going to have to go to war to get it back, pissing him off again

Obviously I've totally misunderstood the tool tip message which I read to mean the new Scottish King would be my vassal but if not this, what was it trying to say? Earl Grandson/Nephew was already my vassal, now he isn't - and yes I know that if I change to elective I can now nominate my Scottish nephew heir of both Wales & England but I'm still very puzzled about this tool tip.

I'm currently playing an independent count, and for the last 6 years I've watched all my cash disappear as my liege lord's troops just stand in the middle of Sicily, waiting for the muslims to strike my county, take my cash, and then restrike. Does anyone have advice? I feel like I've wasted the last 6 years of gameplay watching this..

I'm currently playing an independent count, and for the last 6 years I've watched all my cash disappear as my liege lord's troops just stand in the middle of Sicily, waiting for the muslims to strike my county, take my cash, and then restrike. Does anyone have advice? I feel like I've wasted the last 6 years of gameplay watching this..

I don't get it.

Are you independant or you have a liege?
Why is your gold depleting? Have the muslims taken your county?
Which count are you playing?

If you are a count in Sicily prepare to be invaded/holy wared/Jihaded (?)

My advise would be to swear fealty to the Kaiser, he is your best bet for a protective daddy.