• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
To Yenzen:

1) If you are irked about not being able to hand vassals over to another ruler, check out the console commands. There is something in there that will come pretty close. Probably a combination of: charinfo and give_title will get you there. Save your game first of course. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?585658-Cheats

3) It's how many duchies you personally own, it's how many duchies are actually incorporated in the Kingdom itself at that time. Go to the Kingdom dejure tab to see what duchies are allowed to vote. It's the same reason I can be an HRE duke in northern Italy and not be able to vote for Kaiser, it's because that's not dejure part of the HRE.

Thank you so much. I'll experiment with the console codes without really feeling any guilt. Cheating in this game just seems to diminish the enjoyment, but not being able to give Constantinople and Anatolia back in the hands of the ERE (the pope or templars could never hold it anyway..) or de jure duchies back to the very king I made independent seems like a flaw.

You were right about the votes too, since they were still de-jure part of Al-Andalus

Quick Question:

¿Is there any way to gain a claim on a kingdom toher than with a vassal? I'm king of denmark, I want to claim Sweden or Norway, not going county by county, and there's no female hair that I can marry to...

Thanks in advance!

You could invite a claimant to a duchy and make them your vassal. It's not as fast as taking the entire kingdom, but it's a good bite at a time. When you control 50%+, you can usurp the title and possible convince a few vassals of the former kingdom (particularly in the de-jure area) to swear fealty to you.

Alternatively, I think marrying a weak claimant so that the child belongs to the female part of the dynasty, pushing the title and then ending with a White Peace may make the title inheritable. If you have an elective monarchy you can then pick one of the children who inherit the claim as your successor.

Quick Question:

¿Is there any way to gain a claim on a kingdom toher than with a vassal? I'm king of denmark, I want to claim Sweden or Norway, not going county by county, and there's no female hair that I can marry to...

Thanks in advance!

Is there a female claimant you could marry? Or does someone with an inheritable claim have a daughter you could marry? In the latter case, you'd just wait till her claim-holding parent dies so she gets a claim, then press her claim. At that point your character's children with her will be in line to inherit both Kingdoms.

Speaking of pressing the claims of your character's spouse: is it WAD that my character's wife stayed in his court after I pressed her claim to a duchy outside his realm?

My character is King of France. He married a courtier with a claim on the Duchy of Provence (not de jure France). I pressed her claim, making her an independent Duchess. But she's still living at court in Paris. Shouldn't she have left for Provence? Is it because her honorary title of Queen of France is higher tier than her real title as Duchess of Provence. Also, to make things even stranger, she's got a lover, and he's from her capital in Provence. If she's living at court in Paris, shouldn't her lover be from the same court.

Speaking of pressing the claims of your character's spouse: is it WAD that my character's wife stayed in his court after I pressed her claim to a duchy outside his realm?

My character is King of France. He married a courtier with a claim on the Duchy of Provence (not de jure France). I pressed her claim, making her an independent Duchess. But she's still living at court in Paris. Shouldn't she have left for Provence? Is it because her honorary title of Queen of France is higher tier than her real title as Duchess of Provence. Also, to make things even stranger, she's got a lover, and he's from her capital in Provence. If she's living at court in Paris, shouldn't her lover be from the same court.

In my case the 4 or 5 times that I did it she left for her new court, either becoming a Duchess or a Queen.
Also if you marry Mathilda she stays in Tuscany, thou she did get pregnant like 8 times, while my Piast King was in Krakow...

My character is King of France. He married a courtier with a claim on the Duchy of Provence (not de jure France). I pressed her claim, making her an independent Duchess. But she's still living at court in Paris.

Is she your Spymaster? Councillors always stay in their liege's capital.

What are the conditions for the Dispute Succession CB to be valid? I know you have to have been second or third in line to the throne, but is it only available within a certain time frame of the old king dying or something?

How do I set up succession for a bishopric? I'm Monophysite so I would think it would be an option, is there a hidden button or secret combination to click?

Catholics with free investiture do it in the religion screen. I'd assume it's the same for all religions that get to appoint bishops.
Ah! Not an option for us heretics apparently. Thank you! :)

I double-checked defines.lua and there's a "MONTHS_PER_SUCCESSION_CB = 60" line. Thanks!

So yeah, 5 years. :p

Ah! Not an option for us heretics apparently. Thank you! :)

Yours is an Orthodox heresy, Orthodox don't appoint Bishops only Catholics, and/or Catholic Heresies with Free Investiture.

Thank you for your explanations! So if I have claims to multiple provinces and I am at war with that nation, does the game automatically select all of the claims I have if I win the war? Or do I have to manually press each claim?

I'm still bummed that I lost a bunch of provinces even though I barely lost any battles, but your explanation makes sense (a really long war and vassal levies raised, suddenly Denmark looked like a better nation to be a vassal to).

Thank you for your explanations! So if I have claims to multiple provinces and I am at war with that nation, does the game automatically select all of the claims I have if I win the war? Or do I have to manually press each claim?
You have to manually press all claims unless the 'Press All Claims' option is available, and in that case it only presses your strong claims.

Do christian rulers have any alternative to muslim invasions, other than waiting for the pope to maybe call a crusade? I'm not sure how to go about doing any significant damage to them, when they can take all of Turkey/Greece/Hungary just a year or two at a time.

Do christian rulers have any alternative to muslim invasions, other than waiting for the pope to maybe call a crusade? I'm not sure how to go about doing any significant damage to them, when they can take all of Turkey/Greece/Hungary just a year or two at a time.

Just holy war them and break truce, they already hate you for being an infidel anyways.

However I agree that the AI seems quite eager to join their fellow Sunni in defense of their faith...