• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I haven't been playing for that long, but it seems like the AI has access to options not available to the player. If this is actually the case, is there a compiled list somewhere? If not, how do I replicate these feats myself?

Here are the things I seem to have noticed so far.

1) The AI can start plots to lower crown authority or usurp titles, the only plot I've ever been able to start was "kill X".

2) The AI can claim multi titles with a single CB. As an independent Duke, I've had a King CB me for a Duke title, a county from that duchy, and a county from a completely separate duchy. I saved and deliberately lost to check, and with a single war he indeed took 3 titles.

Those aren't AI-only; you just haven't met the right conditions. 1) there are a bunch of requirements for plots to lower crown authority (most notably being inside the Kingdom); can't really say why you haven't seen it without more information. 2) You can press multiple claims in a single CB if you personally have a claim to all the titles (for example, if your ruler has a claim on the Duchy of Norfolk, the County of Norfolk, and the County of Essex, you can press them all at once).

Thanks. :)

Is there a list somewhere of the plot prerequisites you mentioned? I can't find anything in the game/tutorial/manual/wikia/wiki/google/tea leaves/Steve, the friendly hobo out front of 7-11.

Same with ambitions, there are obviously prerequisites for selecting them because they arbitrarily disapear, but they're not listed anywhere.

Undocumented, opaque rules in complex games are the worst.

Last edited:
Thanks. :)

Is there a list somewhere of the plot prerequisites you mentioned? I can't find anything in the game/tutorial/manual/wikia/wiki/google/tea leaves/Steve, the friendly hobo out front of 7-11.

Same with ambitions, there are obviously prerequisites for selecting them because they arbitrarily disapear, but they're not listed anywhere.

Undocumented, opaque rules in complex games are the worst.
The Crusader Kings II Wiki, as of a minute ago, now lists virtually all the requirements for starting plots.

Does the AI ever change investiture laws?

Im playing as the Abbasid Sunni Caliph, and I just managed to become independant from the Seljuk sultanate.

However I have no crown laws, I dont see the options to change Crown authority, is this a bug?
Or is it because Caliph is just a titular title?
In any case isn't Caliph same level as King?

Also I get no Tax from mosques, why is that?

Last edited:
Im playing as the Abbasid Sunni Caliph, and I just managed to become independant from the Seljuk sultanate.

However I have no crown laws, I dont see the options to change Crown authority, is this a bug?
Or is it because Caliph is just a titular title?
In any case isn't Caliph same level as King?

Also I get no Tax from mosques, why is that?
The Abbasids are duke level, so they cannot have crown laws.

Hello,
I have the ruler designer dlc and I'm wondering if there is a way to edit my son's face.
Is it possible ?
Nope.
You can edit it in the savefile but it's a very complicated process and I for one have no idea what to do with all those numbers.

Where can I view the levy refill rate of a holding?

Mousing over the holding garrison bar tells me how many garrison troops are refilling per month. Mousing over the equivalent levy bar does not.

One of my de jure ducal provinces, is a vassal to another duke. How do I transfer the county into my duchy from the duke's. I am King.

Interesting question. You may be able to go straight to said count and revoke his ownership of it, but I doubt it. It sounds like you will have to go to the duke and revoke his ownership of it. He probably won't like that.

One of my de jure ducal provinces, is a vassal to another duke. How do I transfer the county into my duchy from the duke's. I am King.

You have to revoke the Duke's title to his Duchy, then give it back to him. The non-de jure vassal will automatically stay with your other Duchy title. Annoying I know.

Load the game as the duke then transfer the count to your control.

I sent my son and spymaster to uncover plots in a vassal county. He was murdered (not sure if it was related to his spying), and I got the name of the man who ordered the kill. Turns out he's a courtier in that county.

Is there anything I can do about him? I thought I'd have a good reason to imprison him, but it says it'll be viewed as "tyrannical".

How do I get my vassals to support my law changes? Whenever I try to change a law or crown law, all of my vassals oppose my change, even the ones who have high opinion of me and when I am proposing a law that ostensibly they are supposed to like (lower taxes for instance. they don't even want lower taxes! what's going on!?)

How do I get my vassals to support my law changes? Whenever I try to change a law or crown law, all of my vassals oppose my change, even the ones who have high opinion of me and when I am proposing a law that ostensibly they are supposed to like (lower taxes for instance. they don't even want lower taxes! what's going on!?)

How long have you waited? The AI takes its sweet time to get around to voting.

I have some questions around vassal inheritance, specifically how to stop it. I am the King of Italy and have gained independance from the HRE (feel I might have done it too soon, as previously I only had to fight other vassals to reclaim dejure provinces, even with HRE medium crown authority which I though prevented that, but now I have to fight the whole empire).

Seemingly every 5-10 years I lose a random province to the HRE, and have about 6 counties and dukes in the vassal inheritance wanring icon. It's kinda cool cause I have gained a bunch of German provinces too, but they aren't a whole lot of use to me as their dotted all over the place, and I perfer tidy borders. I am pretty sure I understand how and why it's happening, usually looks like stupid AI matrilineal marrigaes where the son has a different leige, but sometimes when I go into the dynastly and check both the owners, and their heirs I am the leige, even if once removed by a duke.

I have finally managed to pass high crown authority but the existing inheritance warnings are still there, I am guessing because they were done before I passed high crown authority. The only way I can think to stop these is either revoke the title (annoying because they are mostly at 100 relations, and there are heaps), kill them all which isn't practical because it's too expensive and I don't think I have ever had more than a 30 percent success chance with assinations, and plots which I have yet to see a valid one (seems like I can always kill everyone except the person I want to with these).

The only reason this really annoys me is that for some stupid reason you can only claim one county per war, even if you have 5 or so dejure claims (you really should be able to press all similar claims like you can if you've managed to fibricate claims on two provinces in the same kingdom, just make the warscore higher or harder to achieve). Just means instead of expanding I am just fighting to get my stuff back.

One other quick question, what is the deal with abdicating the throne, it says it will go to my heir but it always goes to some random person further down the line, and I noice it says 4 different people will recieve an event, is this like a vote or something?

ps. I only played one short game of the vanilla CK2, I use that prince and thane mode and I can't remember which stuff is orignal, or modded.