+ Reply to Thread
Page 184 of 802 FirstFirst ... 84 109 134 159 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 209 234 259 284 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 16029

Thread: Crusader Kings II ~ Quick Answers

  1. #3661
    Sergeant faati's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bosphorus
    Posts
    91
    You need Sword of Islam in order to play as a muslim.

    But how do you play as a pagan?

  2. #3662
    Major MartinSWE's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMagicka
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Östergötland, Sweden
    Posts
    731
    Quote Originally Posted by faati View Post
    You need Sword of Islam in order to play as a muslim.

    But how do you play as a pagan?
    Right now you don´t unless you get one of the Mod´s that allow you too play pagans.
    "The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism—ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power" - Franklin. D Roosevelt, 1938

  3. #3663
    If my 65 year-old Duchess starts a war to press her grandson's claim on the Kingdom of her liege, and she dies, will the war end inconclusively?

  4. #3664
    Sergeant faati's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bosphorus
    Posts
    91
    Thanks for the above answer.

    How do you release a person from your jail except his request? and how do you check who is in your jail?

  5. #3665
    Pimp and a Cool gav1230's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by faati View Post
    Thanks for the above answer.

    How do you release a person from your jail except his request? and how do you check who is in your jail?
    Go to your intrigue page and there will be a tab with all of your prisoners on the option to release them.
    Yeezy Yeezy how you do it hyah

  6. #3666
    Quote Originally Posted by faati View Post
    Thanks for the above answer.

    How do you release a person from your jail except his request? and how do you check who is in your jail?
    In the intrigue screen there is a tab for prisoners. That menu has quick-links for releasing, executing, and ransoming prisoners. You can also do this by going to diplomatic options in the prisoner's character screen.

  7. #3667
    Quote Originally Posted by faati View Post
    Thanks for the above answer.

    How do you release a person from your jail except his request? and how do you check who is in your jail?

    Intrigue menu (the one with the dagger). There's 3 tabs in it - vassal revolt threats, prisoners (the one you are looking for), and known plots.

  8. #3668
    Sergeant faati's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bosphorus
    Posts
    91
    Thanks for the quick answers. I saw it is very obivious there

  9. #3669
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaol View Post
    If my 65 year-old Duchess starts a war to press her grandson's claim on the Kingdom of her liege, and she dies, will the war end inconclusively?
    Not until the actual person with the claim dies. If the duchess had the claim then bam, inconclusive. Grandson with claim, war should continue.

    You can check who is in your jail via the "Intrigue" button (at the top of your screen) Below all the ambitions/plots there are three tabs: Threats/Jail/Plots. Go to the Jail (or whatever it's called) and see who your lucky prisoners are. Right click on them and go to 'Diplomacy' menu to either release, ransom, or execute. (Options are icons in the "Intrigue\Jail" section as well)

  10. #3670
    If I press a weak claim because the ruler is an infant, does the war end when he comes of age?

  11. #3671
    the Unready noobermenschen's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria: Revolutions500k club

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    off topic in St. Louis
    Posts
    2,457
    How fast do levies replenish after a war ends? I see castle levies replenish at 1.25% and temples at .25% base (/day, month or year I don't know) while at war, does this continue after the war ends or do they instantly replenish? Do levies replenish while the county is occupied?

    I'm playing Abyssinia, my Sunni neighbor declared holy war on his Shiite neighbor and is now having his ass handed to him. I think I would like to take one of his four provinces in a de Jure war (not all his territory, I would like to avoid a holy war on myself) which would put a crimp in both his levies and finances (3/10 holdings including a coastal city). I am hoping to do this right after his intended victim finishes pummeling him as the province I want is occupied ATM. Is this the cakewalk I am hoping for or am I going to be sorry I tried this?
    "Provide ships or sails adapted to the heavenly breezes, and there will be some who will brave even that void."
    Johannes Kepler on space travel in a letter to Galileo - 1610

  12. #3672
    Quote Originally Posted by noobermenschen View Post
    How fast do levies replenish after a war ends? I see castle levies replenish at 1.25% and temples at .25% base (/day, month or year I don't know) while at war, does this continue after the war ends or do they instantly replenish? Do levies replenish while the county is occupied?

    I'm playing Abyssinia, my Sunni neighbor declared holy war on his Shiite neighbor and is now having his ass handed to him. I think I would like to take one of his four provinces in a de Jure war (not all his territory, I would like to avoid a holy war on myself) which would put a crimp in both his levies and finances (3/10 holdings including a coastal city). I am hoping to do this right after his intended victim finishes pummeling him as the province I want is occupied ATM. Is this the cakewalk I am hoping for or am I going to be sorry I tried this?
    The base is 5% per year. This can be increased by the training ground buildings.
    However, it should be noted that any given troop type will always reinforce at a minimum on 1 unit per month, which is often considerably higher than 5%. If you've got a force of 120 heavy inf from a castle for example, it'd effectively be reinforcing at 10% per year.
    Paradox Wikis - Information about all current games developed by Paradox Interactive
    [CKII Mod] Project Balance - Improves historical plausability, slows down blobbing, makes the game more interesting.
    [CKII Mod Project] Historical Immersion Project - A modular project consisting of Project Balance, SWMH, VIET, ARKOpack, and NBRT+

  13. #3673
    Quote Originally Posted by noobermenschen View Post
    How fast do levies replenish after a war ends? I see castle levies replenish at 1.25% and temples at .25% base (/day, month or year I don't know) while at war, does this continue after the war ends or do they instantly replenish? Do levies replenish while the county is occupied?

    I'm playing Abyssinia, my Sunni neighbor declared holy war on his Shiite neighbor and is now having his ass handed to him. I think I would like to take one of his four provinces in a de Jure war (not all his territory, I would like to avoid a holy war on myself) which would put a crimp in both his levies and finances (3/10 holdings including a coastal city). I am hoping to do this right after his intended victim finishes pummeling him as the province I want is occupied ATM. Is this the cakewalk I am hoping for or am I going to be sorry I tried this?
    If you're playing one of the early scenarios, you may actually want to try to declare holy war to grab the whole de jure duchy. Other Sunni countries should be quite far away and should themselves be occupied with defending Shiite/Christianity expansion.

  14. #3674
    Field Marshal Beagá's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    8,170
    So, about scores and such.

    Score only comes from characters you´ve played. Fine. However, will a fraction of prestige from other characters of your dinasty influence the prestige of your characters as well? I mean, will my son only inherit part of my prestige? Prestige of brothers, uncles etc etc is irrelevant?

  15. #3675
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagá View Post
    So, about scores and such.

    Score only comes from characters you´ve played. Fine. However, will a fraction of prestige from other characters of your dinasty influence the prestige of your characters as well? I mean, will my son only inherit part of my prestige? Prestige of brothers, uncles etc etc is irrelevant?
    Every newborn gets 10% of their dynasty's prestige (which is calculated by the highest title each member has held upon death)
    Paradox Wikis - Information about all current games developed by Paradox Interactive
    [CKII Mod] Project Balance - Improves historical plausability, slows down blobbing, makes the game more interesting.
    [CKII Mod Project] Historical Immersion Project - A modular project consisting of Project Balance, SWMH, VIET, ARKOpack, and NBRT+

  16. #3676
    Second Lieutenant
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIMajesty II CollectionWarlock: Master of the Arcane

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    134
    I have read in a couple places that bishops cannot inherit lands.

    I recently acquired ten bishoprics from a crusade. One of my dukes in our traditional kingdom has a particularly problematic male heir. The duke also has two younger sons who would make much more acceptable rulers.

    So of course I got an idea. I granted the "bad" heir one of the bishoprics in the conquered area. But he is still listed as the heir to the duchy, with his better-behaved younger brothers still second and third in line.

    Did I misunderstand what I need to do when granting the bishopric, in order to remove the "bad" heir from succession? Is what I read about bishops and inheritance untrue?

    Thanks for your help.

  17. #3677
    Quote Originally Posted by Antalia View Post
    I have read in a couple places that bishops cannot inherit lands.

    I recently acquired ten bishoprics from a crusade. One of my dukes in our traditional kingdom has a particularly problematic male heir. The duke also has two younger sons who would make much more acceptable rulers.

    So of course I got an idea. I granted the "bad" heir one of the bishoprics in the conquered area. But he is still listed as the heir to the duchy, with his better-behaved younger brothers still second and third in line.

    Did I misunderstand what I need to do when granting the bishopric, in order to remove the "bad" heir from succession? Is what I read about bishops and inheritance untrue?

    Thanks for your help.
    Hmm, you shouldn't be able to give that character a bishopric in the first place (1st in line heirs are supposed to be blocked from being granted bishoprics. You are allowed remove 2nd or 3rd in line heirs by giving them bishoprics, but not 1st in line heirs, so you shouldn't be able to give him the title at all).

    But given that you found a way around that rule, what I imagine will happen is that he will inherit the Duchy, turning it into a Prince Archbishopric.

  18. #3678
    Second Lieutenant
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIMajesty II CollectionWarlock: Master of the Arcane

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    134
    But given that you found a way around that rule,
    Hmm, I just clicked "Grant Landed Title" and chose a bishopric.
    what I imagine will happen is that he will inherit the Duchy, turning it into a Prince Archbishopric.
    The current noble counts in the duchy will be unhappy about being under a Prince Bishop, right?

  19. #3679
    Quote Originally Posted by Antalia View Post
    Hmm, I just clicked "Grant Landed Title" and chose a bishopric.
    Yeah, you wouldn't be able to nominate him as the successor through the religion screen, but I guess the game doesn't check when handing out new titles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antalia View Post
    The current noble counts in the duchy will be unhappy about being under a Prince Bishop, right?
    Yes, they'll have the -20 wrong government type modifier towards him, and he'll have it towards you.

  20. #3680
    Second Lieutenant
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIMajesty II CollectionWarlock: Master of the Arcane

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    134
    Yes, they'll have the -20 wrong government type modifier towards him, and he'll have it towards you.
    Well, I know the target of my next plot...

    Thanks for your help!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts