• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't think that expires. I can't recall it ever having done so at least. This as long as you're talking about the -80 malus the title-holder gets, not the -20 malus everyone else gets.

I can confirm this. If you take somebody's title from them (revoked or usurped) they will be bothered until they die. Best to make sure they are in jail before or soon after they lose their title.

If you go click on your son's portrait, so his picture is the biggest one on the screen, you should see a "rings" button to the lower right-hand corner of the portrait. Click on that, and you should see a list of every unmarried woman in Europe. Click on whichever one suits, and arrange the marriage. Good luck!

Thank you for your reply. I'm now facing the same problem with my new heir; after my firstborn son died of an illness at age 22, I can't seem to betroth my new heir. The weird thing is, I can see the rings button you mentioned on the character screen of my other children, but it's just not there when I'm looking at my heir! I took a screenshot to illustrate the situation. I tried bringing my heir closer to me as a member of my council before he died, but to no avail. Is this a bug?

Thank you for your reply. I'm now facing the same problem with my new heir; after my firstborn son died of an illness at age 22, I can't seem to betroth my new heir. The weird thing is, I can see the rings button you mentioned on the character screen of my other children, but it's just not there when I'm looking at my heir! I took a screenshot to illustrate the situation. I tried bringing my heir closer to me as a member of my council before he died, but to no avail. Is this a bug?

Your heir is in Leinster. Your court is in Connacht. You will not have rings buttons on characters who are not a part of your court, and when arranging marriages you may only arrange between members of your court and a member of another court. You can either invite his tutor to your court or wait until he is all grown up and comes back home, or you can select a bride from your court, click her rings icon, and pick your son from the list that comes up.

I can confirm this. If you take somebody's title from them (revoked or usurped) they will be bothered until they die. Best to make sure they are in jail before or soon after they lose their title.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah I fought a war against this guy to get enough land to form the other Russian kingdom. I was hoping that once he comes of age or enough time passes I could just ask him to be my vassal like I did for some of the other Rurikovich nobles. Guess Ill try excommunication then invasion. Orthodox can do that right?

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah I fought a war against this guy to get enough land to form the other Russian kingdom. I was hoping that once he comes of age or enough time passes I could just ask him to be my vassal like I did for some of the other Rurikovich nobles. Guess Ill try excommunication then invasion. Orthodox can do that right?

I don't think they can. Excommunication is a Catholic thing, or so I am led to believe. If you just usurped his title, why don't you press dejure claims on his land?

I don't think they can. Excommunication is a Catholic thing, or so I am led to believe. If you just usurped his title, why don't you press dejure claims on his land?

Taking his slice of Rus one county at a time is something I wanted to avoid. Too tedious. Anyway now that he is old enough to excommunicate I still cant do it since the Patriarch likes him too much. He has a bunch of piety from the content trait.

Hey, is there a mod or a modification I can make myself that will let me name all children of my dynasty, or those born at my court? Names tend to get repeated often and it can get hard sorting through five grandsons all named "Murchad" or "Harald".

Is it ever worth destroying a king title? I'm King of Norway/England, both elective, and England isn't picking my heir... I'm okay with the prestige loss, but is the -50 relations worth it? Does the relations penalty ever expire?

Also, does the tyrant penalty ever expire?

I believe that tyrant penalties expire after a few years, and title-related relations penalties expire upon death of one of the two people involved in said title.

NEVER ever give titles to your son´s until they are married (I don´t think betrothals are 100 % sure to 'go trough'). As soon as they leave your court you loose all control over who they will marry and they won´t even accept a women from your court due to the 'desire better alliance' negative modifier (at least that´s an issue with William the Conqeror and he´s no good heir who happens to be Count of Maine as a minor and thus disables marriage/bethrothals and he usually ends up with a 'bad stats' wife).

Landed sons will not necessarily go through with betrothals. They often break them, even when it makes no sense. My duke son betrothed with high-statted duchess broke to marry a lowborn. So be warned.

It is worthwhile destroying a King title as it restarts Kingdom dejure drift, and more importantly it is one less Kingdom title for your subjects to lust after. Makes sense to do sometimes.

Sry if this has been asked before but how do you re-enable those popups that show that someone is at risk of revolting at the top of the screen?

Sry if this has been asked before but how do you re-enable those popups that show that someone is at risk of revolting at the top of the screen?

It's generally acceptable to ask something that's been answered, but it's often quicker to find it by the Search function or the Wiki.

Just save and reload. The icons should then have returned.

Unfortunatly they havent returned.