+ Reply to Thread
Page 182 of 824 FirstFirst ... 82 107 132 157 172 180 181 182 183 184 192 207 232 257 282 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 16462

Thread: Crusader Kings II ~ Quick Answers

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

aight, thx

How long does the usurped title penalty to relations last?

For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMagickaSengokuVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Guston View Post
    How long does the usurped title penalty to relations last?
    I don't think that expires. I can't recall it ever having done so at least. This as long as you're talking about the -80 malus the title-holder gets, not the -20 malus everyone else gets.
    I mean exactly what I write.
    Unless I'm being sarcastic, ironic or exaggerating or understating for effect. Or using allegory.

Mein Führer! I can walk!
    Soylent Grün ist menschenfleisch!!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Isaios View Post
    I don't think that expires. I can't recall it ever having done so at least. This as long as you're talking about the -80 malus the title-holder gets, not the -20 malus everyone else gets.
    I can confirm this. If you take somebody's title from them (revoked or usurped) they will be bothered until they die. Best to make sure they are in jail before or soon after they lose their title.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoTomba View Post
    If you go click on your son's portrait, so his picture is the biggest one on the screen, you should see a "rings" button to the lower right-hand corner of the portrait. Click on that, and you should see a list of every unmarried woman in Europe. Click on whichever one suits, and arrange the marriage. Good luck!

Thank you for your reply. I'm now facing the same problem with my new heir; after my firstborn son died of an illness at age 22, I can't seem to betroth my new heir. The weird thing is, I can see the rings button you mentioned on the character screen of my other children, but it's just not there when I'm looking at my heir! I took a screenshot to illustrate the situation. I tried bringing my heir closer to me as a member of my council before he died, but to no avail. Is this a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by ShomerShabbos View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I'm now facing the same problem with my new heir; after my firstborn son died of an illness at age 22, I can't seem to betroth my new heir. The weird thing is, I can see the rings button you mentioned on the character screen of my other children, but it's just not there when I'm looking at my heir! I took a screenshot to illustrate the situation. I tried bringing my heir closer to me as a member of my council before he died, but to no avail. Is this a bug?
    Your heir is in Leinster. Your court is in Connacht. You will not have rings buttons on characters who are not a part of your court, and when arranging marriages you may only arrange between members of your court and a member of another court. You can either invite his tutor to your court or wait until he is all grown up and comes back home, or you can select a bride from your court, click her rings icon, and pick your son from the list that comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sincleric View Post
    I can confirm this. If you take somebody's title from them (revoked or usurped) they will be bothered until they die. Best to make sure they are in jail before or soon after they lose their title.
    Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah I fought a war against this guy to get enough land to form the other Russian kingdom. I was hoping that once he comes of age or enough time passes I could just ask him to be my vassal like I did for some of the other Rurikovich nobles. Guess Ill try excommunication then invasion. Orthodox can do that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Guston View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah I fought a war against this guy to get enough land to form the other Russian kingdom. I was hoping that once he comes of age or enough time passes I could just ask him to be my vassal like I did for some of the other Rurikovich nobles. Guess Ill try excommunication then invasion. Orthodox can do that right?
    I don't think they can. Excommunication is a Catholic thing, or so I am led to believe. If you just usurped his title, why don't you press dejure claims on his land?

Crusader for True Inflation Emre Yigit's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Europa Universalis IV

Nope, the Patriarch can excommunicate too.
    To every man upon this earth / Death cometh soon or late. / And how can man die better / Than facing fearful odds, / For the ashes of his fathers / And the temples of his gods...?

Quote Originally Posted by Sincleric View Post
    I don't think they can. Excommunication is a Catholic thing, or so I am led to believe. If you just usurped his title, why don't you press dejure claims on his land?
    Taking his slice of Rus one county at a time is something I wanted to avoid. Too tedious. Anyway now that he is old enough to excommunicate I still cant do it since the Patriarch likes him too much. He has a bunch of piety from the content trait.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2

Hey, is there a mod or a modification I can make myself that will let me name all children of my dynasty, or those born at my court? Names tend to get repeated often and it can get hard sorting through five grandsons all named "Murchad" or "Harald".
    I'm smart enough to know that I'm stupid
    Member of the ahistoric association
    My Hebrew Uganda AAR!- Weekly AAr showcase, 26-07-2007! - Winner, Best HoI Narrative AAr Q4 2007. Over & done with. Kinda completed.
    Fan of the Week, 12-8-07; and 12-10-08
    Earned a Kiss on the Cheek for Participation in the Trial of Fijj
    Fijj also gave me this moldy cookie for guessing his name-

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Is it ever worth destroying a king title? I'm King of Norway/England, both elective, and England isn't picking my heir... I'm okay with the prestige loss, but is the -50 relations worth it? Does the relations penalty ever expire?

Also, does the tyrant penalty ever expire?

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
    Is it ever worth destroying a king title? I'm King of Norway/England, both elective, and England isn't picking my heir... I'm okay with the prestige loss, but is the -50 relations worth it? Does the relations penalty ever expire?

Also, does the tyrant penalty ever expire?
    I believe that tyrant penalties expire after a few years, and title-related relations penalties expire upon death of one of the two people involved in said title.

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMagicka
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueRome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by ShomerShabbos View Post
    NEVER ever give titles to your son´s until they are married (I don´t think betrothals are 100 % sure to 'go trough'). As soon as they leave your court you loose all control over who they will marry and they won´t even accept a women from your court due to the 'desire better alliance' negative modifier (at least that´s an issue with William the Conqeror and he´s no good heir who happens to be Count of Maine as a minor and thus disables marriage/bethrothals and he usually ends up with a 'bad stats' wife).
    "The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism—ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power" - Franklin. D Roosevelt, 1938

Landed sons will not necessarily go through with betrothals. They often break them, even when it makes no sense. My duke son betrothed with high-statted duchess broke to marry a lowborn. So be warned.

It is worthwhile destroying a King title as it restarts Kingdom dejure drift, and more importantly it is one less Kingdom title for your subjects to lust after. Makes sense to do sometimes.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2

Is there anyway to force my king go abdicate in favor of my heir?
    Yeezy Yeezy how you do it hyah

Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by gav1230 View Post
    Is there anyway to force my king go abdicate in favor of my heir?
    No. Though suicide by event or war works.
    Unless I'm being sarcastic, ironic or exaggerating or understating for effect. Or using allegory.

Mein Führer! I can walk!

Last King of Scotland Bad_Haggis's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesSemper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Sry if this has been asked before but how do you re-enable those popups that show that someone is at risk of revolting at the top of the screen?
    Saeculum Obscurum: A Late Antiquity Mod- CKII Mod of the Fall of Rome and the rise of Medieval Euope [Version 0.22a Released]

I find reality distasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Haggis View Post
    Sry if this has been asked before but how do you re-enable those popups that show that someone is at risk of revolting at the top of the screen?
    It's generally acceptable to ask something that's been answered, but it's often quicker to find it by the Search function or the Wiki.

Just save and reload. The icons should then have returned.

Mein Führer! I can walk!

Last King of Scotland Bad_Haggis's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesSemper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Unfortunatly they havent returned.
    Saeculum Obscurum: A Late Antiquity Mod- CKII Mod of the Fall of Rome and the rise of Medieval Euope [Version 0.22a Released]

I find reality distasteful.

+ Reply to Thread