• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They do ... insane things. Randomly assassinates people. Stuff like that. It's less pronounced in a mayor, but still rather problematic :p

Oops, I guess i shouldn't have made him mayor. Well it shouldn't be too bad though since its a heathen province. He wont have any money to assassinate people for a long time.

If my character is accused as being a heretic and becomes one, how do I get out of it?

I've got close to 200% plot power for an assassination of someone, but there is no option to go through with the plot. Is it because the man in question is at war?

EDIT: Never mind, an event popped up which killed him.

Do I have to have additional people in my plot to kill someone? What if its +100% by default?

You need one backup at least. Abve 100% no matter how many backers the event chance raises drastically (also for the AI on the player as I tested yesterday, sadly)

(It is epic! I mean, they BLOW up the inn where you rest with your party to get you!)

I need to verify something. Ive got primogeniture inheritance. If I already have an heir from my first marriage and i marry someone with a title and no children. Will my first child with my second wife get her title but not mine?

Playing my first game so, probably a lame question but, here goes. I have 100% warscore against the prime enemy (Kourland) while playing as King of Sweden but
still only have white peace or surrender options as choose-able options. Is there some trick to be able to force terms?

Hello everyone! :)

I just bought the game yesterday. Reading the forums here has been very instructive but I haven't seen something that explains what I'm doing wrong in this case:

I have selected an ambition, "To Get Married". But on the intrigue screen I cannot select a "target" for the plot? (the little face cameo has a question mark in it and won't react if I click on it.

While I was there I also tried to get a young lady to come to court but all it does is spend money. Is that all there is to it?

I know the two are not related in game mechanics, but how do I get a plot target (my main character screen also says no valid plots)?

And another question:)

I was playing the Duke of Burgundy (I believe) who is a vassal of the king of France. The king levies my troops for a war he is fighting. How come I can't voluntarily levy the rest of my forces and join him, yet I was permitted to join the party be was fighting, his enemy some revolutionaries in Flanders.

Secondarily, how does one revolt against ones liege?

Playing my first game so, probably a lame question but, here goes. I have 100% warscore against the prime enemy (Kourland) while playing as King of Sweden but
still only have white peace or surrender options as choose-able options. Is there some trick to be able to force terms?

Are you sure that "Enforce Demands" isn't pre-selected and you can just push the "Send" button? By default "Enforce Demands" is selected.

Hello everyone! :)

I just bought the game yesterday. Reading the forums here has been very instructive but I haven't seen something that explains what I'm doing wrong in this case:

I have selected an ambition, "To Get Married". But on the intrigue screen I cannot select a "target" for the plot? (the little face cameo has a question mark in it and won't react if I click on it.

While I was there I also tried to get a young lady to come to court but all it does is spend money. Is that all there is to it?

I know the two are not related in game mechanics, but how do I get a plot target (my main character screen also says no valid plots)?

To get married is not a plot it's an ambition. That means when you pull it off (no matter how) then you get a small benefit. (small stat increase for instance) In this case you don't need extra backers to get married, just go to your personal screen (the one with your picture and stats, accessible by your portrait in the upper left of the screen), click the blue "rings" button to the bottom right of your portrait and pick a suitable spouse.

You don't even need to invite a young lady to marry her. Just go to the "rings" button and click on a lady's portrait and you'll be in a diplomacy screen with her liege. If she shows up on the 'rings' screen then chances are very high that he'll accept your proposal. If you do manage to invite a woman to your own court then you can 100% force her to marry you, since all your courtiers are within your power. (Which is why some players like to game the system and invite prince/claimants and force them to matrilineally marry their daughters, mwa-ha)

If you go to the typical portrait screen you can click the little "Plot" button to the bottom left of their portrait to see available plots. (Usually just murder) You cannot go to your own portrait screen and plot against yourself though.

You can most certainly levy the rest of your troops and aid the King on his errands. Your sacrifice may tip the war but he will disregard your extra effort entirely (no extra opinion benefits, money, or anything), as Upper Management is wont to do.

You revolt against your liege by going to his personal screen and clicking "Declare War" and choosing "Independence."

This is just a hunch, but try going into the religious mapmode and hover over a province with the religion you want to check. I think the tooltip displays moral authority.

Unfortunately, no. :)

Who declared war on whom? And what Casus Belli was used?

"Get Married" isn't a plot, it's an ambition, you complete it by getting married. :) To anyone.

"Invite Debutante" is the decision you enacted, and what it does is create a new female courier in your court. You can then marry her to other couriers if you wish, but it's generally no real point to using that decision.

As long as you have the Get Married ambition, you cannot initiate any other plots or ambitions. There can be only one.

I was playing the Duke of Burgundy (I believe) who is a vassal of the king of France. The king levies my troops for a war he is fighting. How come I can't voluntarily levy the rest of my forces and join him, yet I was permitted to join the party be was fighting, his enemy some revolutionaries in Flanders.

Secondarily, how does one revolt against ones liege?

You can voluntarily join by actually raising your levies and marching to war alongside your liege, just like with any other war.

And to revolt, you select your liege and in the Diplomacy screen, you merely select "Declare War" and choose the "Independence" CB.

What the Unpredictable Leader trait does in combat? It says it give Experimentality : +30%. What the hell does that mean? All the other modifiers and traits are intuitive, but that one leaves me baffled.

I'm a vassal of Byzantium, and for the last 20-25 years I haven't been able to use my Marshall because he keeps being sent off to fight useless wars against the Fatamids or Seljuks. Anything I can do about this, except go to war for my independence? I really want to arrest someone and his +15% would help me greatly, not to mention all the other jobs I can use him for.

What the Unpredictable Leader trait does in combat? It says it give Experimentality : +30%. What the hell does that mean? All the other modifiers and traits are intuitive, but that one leaves me baffled.

I believe that gives them a bonus to the time it takes to switch tactics. I.e. if a tactic is normally locked in for x number of days, they would get to change in x-30% days. So, if they pick a sub-optimal tactic they can switch out of it sooner.

Of course, if I'm right, that would mean low-martial characters might switch into bad tactics sooner, but I guess that is a risk.