• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
From what I know, there's only one way for an adult to change (a decision under the intrigue tab where a character changes culture to that of his liege) and that decision includes a line for AI where it is given a factor of 0, which means it should never be used. This probably means that there's some AI specific means of culture shift. I'll look through the event files and see if i can find it for you.

An event occurred to my new Basque (yay!) king. Something along the lines of "I feel close to my peasants" and the options were A) upset all my Basque relatives and convert to Irish, or B) do nothing. This has only happened once, and I have had a series of Basque kings in Ireland for a while now, so perhaps this event fires more often for the AI, or more often if your liege is of another culture. Or maybe I was just very unlucky.

Both correct :p

If the Kingdom is de Jure, then it's the Crown Laws are those of the Empire, but if it's not, then the Crown Laws are its own.
Or more to the point, for the particular province if it's in a de jure kingdom that currently exsts those laws will be applied (assuming that kingdom is in the same religion group as the province). Anywhere where this isn't the case the empire's laws apply I believe.

e.g.
-you are hre, there's a province in de jure kingdom of burgundy... Kingdom of burgundy does not exist. The HRE laws will apply
-kingdom of burgundy does now exist and is a part of the empire... Burgundian laws will apply
-there's a province in de jure kingdom of burgundy owned by the king of germany which is in the holy roman empire. The kingdom of burgundy exists... burgundian laws will apply.

Not really sure what happens if for instance you own a province that is de jure part of france (which exists) but de fact part of the HRE.

Not really sure what happens if for instance you own a province that is de jure part of france (which exists) but de fact part of the HRE.

Kingdom of France exists: its laws apply.

otherwise would be lieges laws.

When u give gift to another character in game ,does this character get the money that you use to improve relations? cuz it would be cool to be able to give moneygifts to rulers i want to keep power during a war/civilwar and so on.

Three questions this time.

1.: From Wikia:
You want to hold every single county in two duchies you own that are either bordering each other, or very close to each other. These two duchies should together have 7 to 10 counties so that you can use most of your demesne limit without having to construct holdings.

Most duchies have 2 or 3 counties so if I keep two duchies, I can only have 5 to 6 counties. Is it possible to incorporate a county into another duchy? In my Irish campaign, Connacht duchy has Connacht county along with two counties from French mainland. But if I revoke Connacht duchy, it only lists Connacht county and the other one from Ireland. Also, what is that "construct holdings" in the end of the quote? Can upgrading a castle/town/temple really increase my Demesne?

2.: Is there a way to conquer a whole kingdom? For instance, in my English campaign I want to conquer Scotland. Must I do the whole claim hunt thing for every single county in Scotland or can I do a bit of Longshanks and simply say: "I think I should rule Scotland so I will."

3.: I'm itching to try forming the kingdom of Armenia or maybe the Rus kingdom. Does it matter which ruler I start with or can anyone form a kingdom provided they own most of the counties necessary?

Three questions this time.

1.: From Wikia:

Most duchies have 2 or 3 counties so if I keep two duchies, I can only have 5 to 6 counties. Is it possible to incorporate a county into another duchy? In my Irish campaign, Connacht duchy has Connacht county along with two counties from French mainland. But if I revoke Connacht duchy, it only lists Connacht county and the other one from Ireland. Also, what is that "construct holdings" in the end of the quote? Can upgrading a castle/town/temple really increase my Demesne?

2.: Is there a way to conquer a whole kingdom? For instance, in my English campaign I want to conquer Scotland. Must I do the whole claim hunt thing for every single county in Scotland or can I do a bit of Longshanks and simply say: "I think I should rule Scotland so I will."

3.: I'm itching to try forming the kingdom of Armenia or maybe the Rus kingdom. Does it matter which ruler I start with or can anyone form a kingdom provided they own most of the counties necessary?

1. Munster has 3 counties, Ulster 4 ^^. Most counties does have open slots, though, and you can build cities, castles and temples in them. Each of these count as 1 in your demesne, until you give them away to someone, or rightclick on the picture and press "create vassal" or somesuch. Also, no, counties don't drift. The duke in your example simply holds a county outside of the duchy as well, and the duke that county "belongs" to has -25 rep with him as a result.

2. Yes. Click "find title", find the kingdom of Scotland and click "claimants". Check each person's character page until you find one you can marry whose claim can be inherited. Once (s)he dies, you can press your son's claim and wait until you die and he inherits your titles too. Or, if you're smaller than them, go to the king of scotland's character page, and press "request invasion". This will give you a CB to invade all of the kingdom, but it only works if you're both catholic.

3. With a few exceptions, anyone can form a kingdom. Use the "find title" and hover over the "create" button to see if if requires a specific culture. (I'm fairly certain those two don't).

I betrothed my son to a countess before she came of age. Now she's been of age for about 5 or 6 years now and they still haven't married. I don't seem to have the option of getting my son to actually make an honest woman of her either.

Is this because I made him a baron? And is there a way to get them to actually marry?

I betrothed my son to a countess before she came of age. Now she's been of age for about 5 or 6 years now and they still haven't married. I don't seem to have the option of getting my son to actually make an honest woman of her either.

Is this because I made him a baron? And is there a way to get them to actually marry?

Two things here. The first problem is you made him a baron. If you give any of your sons land they make their own choices.

The second problem is making betrothals to underage female landowners. They accept the betrothal at the time but once they come of age they say "Wait a second. If I marry this guy my children won't be of my dynasty!" The AI likes to keep land in the same dynasty thus when the female comes of age she won't marry you unless it's matrilineal.

It's a pain in the ass and something that will hopefully fixed in the future. So a good tip is never make betrothals to female land owners. Only marry them when they are of age.

Help! My count's province has been taken over my Muslims!

What can I do to survive and expand? I'm playing as a island nation in Naxos a province of the Byzantine Empire. It gave a pretty sizable slice of land to some Arab nation and now it's a fight to survive. How can I suck up to my new leader so that they will not take my only province away and result in a Game Over? Is there a certain relationship level I have to pass so that my liege will not do it? D:

Problem.

My Heir had a claim on the Kingdom of France (I'm playing as Britannia, with Brittany under my belt and ruled by my Heir). I pressed his claim won the war and now he is King of France as my vassal.

The problem is and I don't really know how this happened by there are quite a few Counties in France that have holdings ruled by the Fatamids Emperor (can't remember the proper title).

There are at least 15 or so, a few cities, a few baronies, a few churchs etc. Here and there. All the County capitals are held by my christain subjects.

Is there any way I can kick the muslims out? I thought one of the crown authorities allowed me to do this? I'm on high crown authority. But I can't seem to revoke any of the holdings?

Thanks in advance.

Ive got 2 questions.

1. Is there a penalty for emperors having too many king titles.

2. Im Leon gonna form Hispania (got 30% of it so far) but I'm also gonna inherit Tuscany when my kings mother dies. The question is were to establish my power base? Andalusia (for tech) or Italy? Muslim Spain has better tech but Italy is too big to give out to a vassal king.

Has anyone else noticed that if a Bishop prefers the Pope to you this overrides the Crown Laws regarding levies? As King of Aragon my De jure bishop no longer provides me with any levy at all since he likes the Pope more.

I think this is a 1.6b change but I cant see any mention of it in the change log.

Has anyone else noticed that if a Bishop prefers the Pope to you this overrides the Crown Laws regarding levies? As King of Aragon my De jure bishop no longer provides me with any levy at all since he likes the Pope more.

I think this is a 1.6b change but I cant see any mention of it in the change log.

To my non-extensive knowledge this have always been the case.

The question is were to establish my power base? Andalusia (for tech) or Italy? Muslim Spain has better tech but Italy is too big to give out to a vassal king.

Do you intend to expand over towards the Middle East? If so, Italy. If you're worried about tech, just keep some of Italy in your demesne for a while (I *think* land in your demesne gets a tech boost if you have other land in your demesne that is of higher tech) before switching your capital there - also, build the research buildings in your future capital, and send your councilors to research tech there.

The problem is and I don't really know how this happened by there are quite a few Counties in France that have holdings ruled by the Fatamids Emperor (can't remember the proper title).

Is there any way I can kick the muslims out? I thought one of the crown authorities allowed me to do this? I'm on high crown authority. But I can't seem to revoke any of the holdings?

With medium authority you can kick out infidels who are your vassals.
But the Fatimids are, presumably, independent - not your vassals.

It's like, if England conquered half of France (for instance). The newly English lands would be in de jure France, but the French king wouldn't have the authority to revoke them, because England is independent - the counties are no longer his to revoke.