• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bishoprics just seems like an exploit to me, and anyways I always find it strange that I cannot choose who to give inheritance to.

I'll try and roll Barcelona next. Any other ones out there? Central Europe?

Sending the younger sons to the church, the method used to get rid of extra spawn, seems like an exploit, but offing your offspring is okay?

As I said, both Scotland and Godwin England is Primogeniture. Also Milan, France and Portucale.

Are there many sunni jihads much? I tried disabling shia ones and now they hardly ever happen.

Wait... you disabled the Shia Jihads, and the problem is that there are no Shia Jihads? There aren't MANY Sunni Jihads. The Caliph can only ever call one in his lifetime, so unless you kill off the Caliph after every Jihad, there's a limit on the number you'll see.

Yes and no. I know which file to look in, and where in the file, but there're far too many events for me to go through. The info you want is in \crusader kings ii\events\plot_events.txt:line 1705 and down a bit.

Thanks for the help Isaios but I think i got a general idea of how it works now. Anyway ive already got Castille through war so its too late for that.

Wait... you disabled the Shia Jihads, and the problem is that there are no Shia Jihads? There aren't MANY Sunni Jihads. The Caliph can only ever call one in his lifetime, so unless you kill off the Caliph after every Jihad, there's a limit on the number you'll see.
I meant that sunni jihads hardly ever happen.

I meant that sunni jihads hardly ever happen. Also what is the sunni caliphate called under the title finder thing? I tried searching for calipho or caliphate and I can't find it. The emirate of baghdad is owned by egypt atm and I can't work out who the sunni caliph is.

Ah! Yes that makes a whole lot more sense :)

It's possible the Sunni Caliph is exterminated. But the title is called "The Sunni Caliphate". If it's extinct, that'd explain the dearth of Jihads by the way :p

EDIT: I searched for "The Shia Caliphate" as well, and there are TWO as shows up. One that's held by the Fatimids, and another that's Imperial tier. I thought those were eliminated. The thing is though, that this Caliphate title had the black field with arabic caligraphy on it that it's SUPPOSED to have. Much better shield.

Hello all, new user here. Bought the game at the weekend with the Steam sale and just trying to get a handle on it :)

Just a quick, if stupid question. If I marry my eldest daughter to the king of France, how much of my land will he claim when I die? (I have an older son who is my heir).

Hello all, new user here. Bought the game at the weekend with the Steam sale and just trying to get a handle on it :)

Just a quick, if stupid question. If I marry my eldest daughter to the king of France, how much of my land will he claim when I die? (I have an older son who is my heir).

None of it. Though your daughter will inherit a claim, which the French King could use to meddle in your affairs, or when you grandson sits on the French throne, he'll have a claim on your throne, which ... might pose some initial discussion.

So are genetics in or out? After some Googling I found that it had been cut in some patch a year ago. Maybe that's the reason why I fail to get a genius kid after marrying geniuses for a century and a half.

So I am King of Denmark. I create the Dutchy of Mecklenburg and give it to the Count of Rugen. The Count of Mecklenburg starts a war against his new leige and defeats him, becoming the Duke of Mecklenburg. But he also becomes independant (controlling the entire Dutchy and a province in a different part of the world that was his possession. How and why did this happen? How can I avoid it in the future?

So are genetics in or out? After some Googling I found that it had been cut in some patch a year ago. Maybe that's the reason why I fail to get a genius kid after marrying geniuses for a century and a half.

That's not genetics. Genetics is (unless I've been massively misled) what controlls appearance.

It's not actually "genetics", but "congenital" traits (like, f.e., "Genius") have a certain chance to be inherited. So, if you've been trying this extensively without results you have just been rather unlucky.

Sadly the empire's. You can check this for yourself in the de jure kingdoms mapmode. Hover over the province you want to raise levies in and check the tooltip.
One of the last games I played was as the HRE and the crown laws for the kingdom apply and not the empire's. It may be different if the empire and kingdom are held by different people though.

Sadly the empire's. You can check this for yourself in the de jure kingdoms mapmode. Hover over the province you want to raise levies in and check the tooltip.

One of the last games I played was as the HRE and the crown laws for the kingdom apply and not the empire's. It may be different if the empire and kingdom are held by different people though.

Both correct :p

If the Kingdom is de Jure, then it's the Crown Laws are those of the Empire, but if it's not, then the Crown Laws are its own.

Is grand tournament still bugged? Ive got the cash but I cant afford to have my king catch syphilis at 17.

Never had that happen. Just had a tourney last for decades though. Seems like a duke or earl died every other year as my vassals behaved worse then the houseguests in the Odyssey. Only the passing of my ruler stopped the endless bloodshed and I've been too scared to call another one since.