• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh, I'm not doubt9ing there are ways around it. I'm just saying that having a mechanic in-game that causes a type of war to have an automatic reset button that wipes your victory is a broken mechanic. I was just hoping that there was some way to change the mechanic back to the way it was before the latest patch, where independence wars were worth fighting, hell, were possible to win

Having some trouble understanding the new claims, I fear. My wife has a weak claim on Scotland (I'm king of Ireland and Wales). Scotland is ruled by a 10-year-old king. (shia...yeah the whole iberia thing kinda went belly up. Also, my daughter in law is the last member of house capet, but I digress). I do not have a truce with him, but he's involved in a civil war to lower CA. Why can't I press my wife's claim?

Having some trouble understanding the new claims, I fear. My wife has a weak claim on Scotland (I'm king of Ireland and Wales). Scotland is ruled by a 10-year-old king. (shia...yeah the whole iberia thing kinda went belly up. Also, my daughter in law is the last member of house capet, but I digress). I do not have a truce with him, but he's involved in a civil war to lower CA. Why can't I press my wife's claim?

Is the succesion open for females?

I opposed my king's attempt to increase crown authority, but now I'm in a position to change succession laws his increased authority would benefit me. Is there any way I can now choose to support the change of law?

Purchased the game in the steam sale.

Anyway...kinsman had popped up not having a guardian, but there doesn't seem any tool/button of adopting them or choosing their guardian; unless I'm being blind. And fabricating claims seems to take a while, would it be better to try and get claims via marriage (playing as Munster).

-As a general rule, should I try to max out my desmene? How would I go about doing this? All the traditional ways of wresting power away from various other nobles will piss them all off pretty quickly.

-I'm playing as Scotland and started in 1066. I have my eye on The Isles. Is the direct route of Fabricate Claim -> Declare War the only way I could take control of them?

-Going along with my tiny desmene (the only other county I was able to get I gave away to one of my sons to avoid him being landless), I have major money problems...e.g. I'd like to upgrade my cities to some degree but I'm perpetually poor. Other than dumping money into upgrades are there any ways I'm overlooking to earn a profit?

-As a general rule, should I try to max out my desmene? How would I go about doing this? All the traditional ways of wresting power away from various other nobles will piss them all off pretty quickly.

-I'm playing as Scotland and started in 1066. I have my eye on The Isles. Is the direct route of Fabricate Claim -> Declare War the only way I could take control of them?

-Going along with my tiny desmene (the only other county I was able to get I gave away to one of my sons to avoid him being landless), I have major money problems...e.g. I'd like to upgrade my cities to some degree but I'm perpetually poor. Other than dumping money into upgrades are there any ways I'm overlooking to earn a profit?

Maxing your Demesne is a good thing, yes. More directly held power, more directly paid taxes etc. Fewer squabbling nobles, more Dynastic prestige etc.

You have de Jure claims on all the territory held by the Isles, so no claims need be forged. My advice is to start with the territory held by their Duke, that way, you get the county yourself, rather than a new vassal.

Wars can be quite profitable, each holding you take gives you a small sum of cash. But raising taxes, and increasing personal Demesne is probably better. Also, it's generally a better play to keep your heir landless untill he inherits, that way, you can keep direct control of him, and he won't do anything silly.

Maxing your Demesne is a good thing, yes. More directly held power, more directly paid taxes etc. Fewer squabbling nobles, more Dynastic prestige etc.

You have de Jure claims on all the territory held by the Isles, so no claims need be forged. My advice is to start with the territory held by their Duke, that way, you get the county yourself, rather than a new vassal.

Wars can be quite profitable, each holding you take gives you a small sum of cash. But raising taxes, and increasing personal Demesne is probably better. Also, it's generally a better play to keep your heir landless untill he inherits, that way, you can keep direct control of him, and he won't do anything silly.

So the only real way to expand your Desmene without knocking off nobles is to invade. Fair.

In the "declare war" options, there seems to be a "Press all claims" button for forged claims, but not such a button for De Jure claims...So, wouldn't I have to declare war on the Isles 4 separate times (one for each county)?

Also: I read somewhere that if someone's plotting against them, you can imprison them and revoke their title without any penalty...but in my experience you get the exact same penalty upon trying to revoke. Is there any truth to this?

I just married and my wife would make a better spymaster than my current one. If I make her my spymaster and send her off to do spymaster things, will she still be able to produce children? If not, what if she's stationed in my home county uncovering plots?

In the "declare war" options, there seems to be a "Press all claims" button for forged claims, but not such a button for De Jure claims...So, wouldn't I have to declare war on the Isles 4 separate times (one for each county)?

Also: I read somewhere that if someone's plotting against them, you can imprison them and revoke their title without any penalty...but in my experience you get the exact same penalty upon trying to revoke. Is there any truth to this?

It's only actual claims you can use the "Press All Claim" CB on. Either forged or inherited. Anything that shows up in the Claims part of your character.

You get one free revoke from traitors. Usually that means after they've been in rebellion, but not nescessarily.

I just married and my wife would make a better spymaster than my current one. If I make her my spymaster and send her off to do spymaster things, will she still be able to produce children? If not, what if she's stationed in my home county uncovering plots?

Distance doesn't play a part. Thinking about that too closely causes suspicion, so just ignore it.

It's only actual claims you can use the "Press All Claim" CB on. Either forged or inherited. Anything that shows up in the Claims part of your character.

So if I did want to take over The Isles completely in one go without having to declare war multiple times (and make everyone else in the known world hate me because I broke a truce) I would have to specifically fabricate claims on all counties involved?

So if I did want to take over The Isles completely in one go without having to declare war multiple times (and make everyone else in the known world hate me because I broke a truce) I would have to specifically fabricate claims on all counties involved?

Or arrange a marriage with a son/daughter combo that leaves you with claims for their turf.