• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm still trying to piece this together...can you see if your grandsons are inheriting anything alongside your daughters? Primo/Gavelkind seems a little wonky with latest patch. I've seen some...interesting results. (You may have to prune the family tree to get the exact results you want)
First grandson is heir to the Kingdom of France, first son of my other daughter is heir to the Kingdom of Denmark.

As a muslim with several wives, is it possible to change which wife is considered the "first wife" (the one that gives you stats)? I had a genius wife with amazing stats dying on me and now this other wife, married for alliances, reduced my demesne limit. I don't want to divorce the two others either, because that will probably not be so popular with my allies.

Occasionally an event fires where one of your wives requests 'first wife' status, but there's no player control over this

quick question. is there any reason to not get the sword of islam expansion for first playthrough? i want to start as a family in france for my first game, will having sword of islam installed provide a different experience over vanilla ck2 even though i'm not playing as a muslim ruler?

The SoI DLC won't make any difference if you stay christian. The only thing it will do that you might need is if your heir turns muslim then it won't be game over when they inherit.

The muslim world will use all the mechanics that were added with 1.6.

So what are the exact requirements to be able to call a Jihad? The option seems to appear for me with no consistency. I'm sure there's something I'm missing here.

So what are the exact requirements to be able to call a Jihad? The option seems to appear for me with no consistency. I'm sure there's something I'm missing here.

There have been so many questions on this that I'm thinking they should sticky the threads.

Anyway. The year needs to be 1090 (1080 if shiite). You need to be caliph, 30 years need to have passed since the last jihad, and you cannot call a jihad twice in a lifetime (even if 30 years have passed). They're the same requirements as calling a crusade.

If that's too vague, maybe you can state what the problem was?

How do I stop my leader's liege raising my levy, marching me off to foreign lands and getting me thrown in a dungeon when he loses a battle?

If liege has Limited CA, raise some stack and put yourself to it's command then you dismiss them... and now you are free from command and sitting in a palace.

Or you can have bad relations with him, so he will not put you in command, AFAIK.

So, extremely dumb question: What does a duchy actually do? As far as I can tell it doesn't really collect any extra taxes or whatnot. Is it just a title you can hand out?

Also, you don't get any money from vassals unless you enable feudal taxes, right?

Can someone please help me? I'm playing a game as a count, but I cannot become independent becuase as soon as I win a war of independence my king just gives me back to the Duke straight away. I don't know what to do to counter this, I've played plenty of games before and this has never happened before.

Can someone please help me? I'm playing a game as a count, but I cannot become independent becuase as soon as I win a war of independence my king just gives me back to the Duke straight away. I don't know what to do to counter this, I've played plenty of games before and this has never happened before.

If you are able to beat that Duke, just beat him again and take his title. :)

You did not understand me. Take the Duchy in a war by claim or make it elective for example and take the power. Don't go warring for independence if it is futile as you say.
Damn, I can't do either. I hadn't realised that a new patch had made independence wars usless. Is there a way to change you game back to pre-patch status, or a mod that fixes this. Or do I just have to abandon the game and hope that a later game patch fixes this issue?

Damn, I can't do either. I hadn't realised that a new patch had made independence wars usless. Is there a way to change you game back to pre-patch status, or a mod that fixes this. Or do I just have to abandon the game and hope that a later game patch fixes this issue?

What do you mean by that? Do you want to be independent as a count or what? These wars are not useless, just get claim on Duchy you under and get it, that way you are Duke. After that you can grow and later take the Kingdom.

You CAN get claims. ALWAYS can.

What do you mean by that? Do you want to be independent as a count or what? These wars are not useless, just get claim on Duchy you under and get it, that way you are Duke. After that you can grow and later take the Kingdom.

You CAN get claims. ALWAYS can.
Meh, I have a plot for a claim on a duchy, with only only two potential conspirtors, both on less than 10%. But even if it was viable the inability to declare independence is a faulty mechanic. Just being immediatly handed back is pointless and breaks the game.

If anyone knows of a mod or a way to fix this can they please contact me

Meh, I have a plot for a claim on a duchy, with only only two potential conspirtors, both on less than 10%. But even if it was viable the inability to declare independence is a faulty mechanic. Just being immediatly handed back is pointless and breaks the game.

What you're claiming is patently incorrect, so please excuse our confusion. Maybe post a savegame, as that'd make it somewhat easier to see the problem.

Fabricate a claim on another county within your duchy, take that one over. Then claim another. Then claim the Duchy.