• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm the king of France, should I create the kingdom of Aquitaine or is this more trouble then its worth? The Duke of Aquitaine controlled 3 duchies, and 6 counties.

Can anyone point me to the ruler designer mod that removes the age limitation? I've heard about it, but I only bought the DLC in today's Steam Sale and actually want it now. Haven't been able to find it in the mods forum.

No, sorry, but I can show you how to change it yourself!

Everything to do with the Ruler Designer is at the very bottom of \crusader kings ii\common\defines.lua

Code:
NRulerDesigner =
{
	BASE_ATTRIB = 5,
	[B]BASE_AGE [/B]= 16,
	BASE_FERTILITY = 0.5,
	BASE_HEALTH = 5.0,[I]
	COST_ATTRIB = 0.5,
	COST_SON = 5.0,
	COST_DAUGHTER = 2.0,
	COST_MARRIED = 2.0,
	COST_FERTILITY = 20.0,
	COST_HEALTH = 10.0,
	COST_MONTHLY_PRESTIGE = 10.0,
	COST_MONTHLY_PIETY = 20.0,
	COST_MONTHLY_WEALTH = 10.0,
	COST_CHURCH_OPINION = 0.5,
	COST_SPOUCE_OPINION = 0.5,
	COST_SEXAPPEAL_OPINION = 0.5,
	COST_DYNASTY_OPINION = 0.5,
	COST_VASSAL_OPINION = 1.0,
	COST_LIEGE_OPINION = -0.5,
	COST_INFIDEL_OPINION = 0.5,
	COST_OPPOSITE_TRAIT_OPINION = 0.5,
	COST_SAME_TRAIT_OPINION = 0.5,
	COST_SAME_RELIGION_OPINION = 0.5,
	COST_AMBITION_OPINION = -0.25,
	COST_GENERAL_OPINION = 2.0,[/I]
	[B]MAX_AGE = 50[/B],
},

The two lines in bold are the ones to change if all you want is to create a ruler with no limit on how old he should be. Alernatively, you can set every value in italics to zero. This'll let you create a ruler with no limits on what you can have. He'll end up as 16 no matter what.

I'm the king of France, should I create the kingdom of Aquitaine or is this more trouble then its worth? The Duke of Aquitaine controlled 3 duchies, and 6 counties.

I would refrain from doing so. But you should try to nab the one county of Toulouse that's held by the HRE, that way, you'll have entirely eliminated the Kingdom of Aquitaine in a short-ish fashion and can make a nice Titular Title for yourself, with no-one clamoring for that title.

Last edited:

It depends on your goals. Do you play to max your scores? If so create the Kingdom. The extra King title will give you more Dynasty Prestige.

If you don't care about your score or roleplaying then there really isn't a good reason to make it. Vassals in that Kingdom will get a -20 opinion modifier as they will desire that Kingdom. If you can take the opinion hit I would create it. My goal is to max my scores though so I create ever title I can.

Is there a way to convert foreign rulers? Ilkhanate is dangerously close to my borders and I would like to bring them the joy of Jesus so they don't attack me (no doubt I would win, but I hate defensive wars)

I think sending your bishop to their capital province has a chance to convert them but I'm not sure if the Khans play by the same rules as everyone else, what with their conversion event.

No, sorry, but I can show you how to change it yourself!

Everything to do with the Ruler Designer is at the very bottom of \crusader kings ii\common\defines.lua

Code:
NRulerDesigner =
{
	BASE_ATTRIB = 5,
	[B]BASE_AGE [/B]= 16,
	BASE_FERTILITY = 0.5,
	BASE_HEALTH = 5.0,[I]
	COST_ATTRIB = 0.5,
	COST_SON = 5.0,
	COST_DAUGHTER = 2.0,
	COST_MARRIED = 2.0,
	COST_FERTILITY = 20.0,
	COST_HEALTH = 10.0,
	COST_MONTHLY_PRESTIGE = 10.0,
	COST_MONTHLY_PIETY = 20.0,
	COST_MONTHLY_WEALTH = 10.0,
	COST_CHURCH_OPINION = 0.5,
	COST_SPOUCE_OPINION = 0.5,
	COST_SEXAPPEAL_OPINION = 0.5,
	COST_DYNASTY_OPINION = 0.5,
	COST_VASSAL_OPINION = 1.0,
	COST_LIEGE_OPINION = -0.5,
	COST_INFIDEL_OPINION = 0.5,
	COST_OPPOSITE_TRAIT_OPINION = 0.5,
	COST_SAME_TRAIT_OPINION = 0.5,
	COST_SAME_RELIGION_OPINION = 0.5,
	COST_AMBITION_OPINION = -0.25,
	COST_GENERAL_OPINION = 2.0,[/I]	[B]MAX_AGE = 50[/B],
},

The two lines in bold are the ones to change if all you want is to create a ruler with no limit on how old he should be. Alernatively, you can set every value in italics to zero. This'll let you create a ruler with no limits on what you can have. He'll end up as 16 no matter what.

The bold doesn't appear in the code, but it's BASE_AGE and MAX_AGE that you say need changing. Thanks for the help.

What determines who your heir is (the one who you play as when you die)?

Also, how much of the empire do you need to own in order to create the title?

As a muslim with several wives, is it possible to change which wife is considered the "first wife" (the one that gives you stats)? I had a genius wife with amazing stats dying on me and now this other wife, married for alliances, reduced my demesne limit. I don't want to divorce the two others either, because that will probably not be so popular with my allies.

The bold doesn't appear in the code, but it's BASE_AGE and MAX_AGE that you say need changing. Thanks for the help.

Truuue... But it shows up viasually in the text itself. And no problem :)

What determines who your heir is (the one who you play as when you die)?

Also, how much of the empire do you need to own in order to create the title?

This is all readily apparent in the game. What determines your heir is your inheritance law. Primogeniture means first born, elective means exactly that, you need to elect one, seniority means that the oldest family member inherits (like an uncle or some such) and gavelkind means that all titles are split among all heirs. Then there another law as determines if women can inherit at all, only when there are no men or equally to men.

You need 80%. Which you would have seen if you hovered the mouse over the create title button.

As a muslim with several wives, is it possible to change which wife is considered the "first wife" (the one that gives you stats)? I had a genius wife with amazing stats dying on me and now this other wife, married for alliances, reduced my demesne limit. I don't want to divorce the two others either, because that will probably not be so popular with my allies.

Not that I've seen, BUT there was something somewhere about the wives scheming to become primary wife, so maybe. Other than that, the divorce malus is only -30 or so, and you could also kill them off. Imprison/execute is very 1001 nights.

So, I'm playing with Ireland and I'm thinking of going to war with France to get back some of my counties I lost to them due to marriages. I checked and saw that while the French king has a lot more of "Total Levy" than I do, he also has less "Current Levy" than me. This looks good for me but I also know he has troops currently raised and those will probably join the fight too.

Why are my "Total" and "Current" levies not the same? I have no raised armies at the moment. Are garrisons included in the "Total" and are "Current" simply those I can bring move to another county?

May I ask where you find that information? .

May I ask where you find that information? .

Go to a character's personal or 'portrait' screen (the one with the stats). Near the family tree button and dynasty button there is a button that will show the top liege and all vassals. By mousing over someone it will tell you total/current levy, and what percentage of the top liege they make up.

Example: 100% King of England 20k max, 15k current, right below him 10% Duke of York 2k, 1k current, etc.

No. The Caliph titles cannot be usurped. All you can do is destroy the current Caliph so the title is unclaimed, then while you hold Mecca you can recreate the Caliphate.

You also need one of the bloodline traits. You need to be descendent from the Prophet, and have 1000 Piety.

Why are my titles getting split on succession when they are agnatic-cognatic primogeniture?
Of my three daughters the first is heir to my Empire, 4 Kingdoms and 1 county and the third daughter is heir to my other 11 counties. The middle daughter isn't heir to anything.
The succession laws for the Empire and 4 Kingdoms are all set to agnatic-cognatic primogeniture, so shouldnt my eldest daughter inherit everything?

Why are my titles getting split on succession when they are agnatic-cognatic primogeniture?
Of my three daughters the first is heir to my Empire, 4 Kingdoms and 1 county and the third daughter is heir to my other 11 counties. The middle daughter isn't heir to anything.
The succession laws for the Empire and 4 Kingdoms are all set to agnatic-cognatic primogeniture, so shouldnt my eldest daughter inherit everything?

Do any of these daughters have sons (your grandsons?)

First daughter has 1 son and the third has 2.

All 3 are matrilineally married.

I'm still trying to piece this together...can you see if your grandsons are inheriting anything alongside your daughters? Primo/Gavelkind seems a little wonky with latest patch. I've seen some...interesting results. (You may have to prune the family tree to get the exact results you want)