• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks, I assume that as the woman gets closer to 45 she becomes less fertile?

In my games, there seems to be a pre-menopause surge in fertility. I don't know whether that was just my own experience....

So, I'm playing with Ireland and I'm thinking of going to war with France to get back some of my counties I lost to them due to marriages. I checked and saw that while the French king has a lot more of "Total Levy" than I do, he also has less "Current Levy" than me. This looks good for me but I also know he has troops currently raised and those will probably join the fight too.

Why are my "Total" and "Current" levies not the same? I have no raised armies at the moment. Are garrisons included in the "Total" and are "Current" simply those I can bring move to another county?

Can someone explain to me the conditions required for a change of succession law? The bit that confuses me is the last requirement (something like this): "One of these must be true: NOT affected by a crown law title?

Can someone explain to me the conditions required for a change of succession law? The bit that confuses me is the last requirement (something like this): "One of these must be true: NOT affected by a crown law title?

It basically just means that a duke not under a king can pick any of the 4 sucession laws, if he's ruled for 10 years, isn't at war and none of his vassals hate him. If he's under a king or emperor, then he can only choose the ones that the CA allows (Gavelkind or Elective on low and lowest, seniority on medium and primo at high or highest)

With weak claims if I attack Scotland over one of my courtier's weak claim to a county and win, will the courtier become my vassal or keep the county and stay a vassal of Scotland.
Similarly, if a vassal of mine has a weak claim on a kingdom, I use it and win, will he take his provinces from my kingdom and become the new king? For example if the count of Surrey has a claim on Scotland, when I win the war, will he be the new king of Scotland and surrey will leave my realm?

As Emperor of Francia, my Emperor died when everything was good and fine and cozy.

My son takes up the mantle, and all of France revolts. Almost every duchy and county. I manage, not sure how, to call for white peace on most of them. One of the remaining ones actually puts a snake in the new emperor's bed, and kills him off.

As that happens, his heir takes up the mantle. And EVERYONE REVOLTS AGAIN.

Why are they all revolting? And how can I prevent it?

As Emperor of Francia, my Emperor died when everything was good and fine and cozy.

My son takes up the mantle, and all of France revolts. Almost every duchy and county. I manage, not sure how, to call for white peace on most of them. One of the remaining ones actually puts a snake in the new emperor's bed, and kills him off.

As that happens, his heir takes up the mantle. And EVERYONE REVOLTS AGAIN.

Why are they all revolting? And how can I prevent it?

Not really a quick question, vassal management is pretty much the heart of the game :)

Make sure you educate your heir yourself as much as possible so he has good traits.

Make sure that none of your vassals is too big. Restrict them to 1 duchy each where they hold every province in the de jure duchy. That way you will avoid -ve modifiers because they desire control of a province.

Pause the game on inheritance and gift and bribe as many people as possible to reduce the revolt risk.

Those are the three main ways to ensure a smooth enough sucession.

Not really a quick question, vassal management is pretty much the heart of the game :)

Make sure you educate your heir yourself as much as possible so he has good traits.

Make sure that none of your vassals is too big. Restrict them to 1 duchy each where they hold every province in the de jure duchy. That way you will avoid -ve modifiers because they desire control of a province.

Pause the game on inheritance and gift and bribe as many people as possible to reduce the revolt risk.

Those are the three main ways to ensure a smooth enough sucession.

See,that was quick! :D

Thanks!

How do you get people to vote for more crown authority or more feudal levies and taxes? No-one wants to vote :(

How do you get people to vote for more crown authority or more feudal levies and taxes? No-one wants to vote :(
Try with ~ button and in the console write allow_laws and you will be free to change laws:laugh:

Now i have question too.Can someone tell me how to increase the playing years?I start at 1337 and my games ends on 2nd of January 1453.I almost conquered all of Europe with Bulgaria and the game ends.Please tell me:(

Try with ~ button and in the console write allow_laws and you will be free to change laws:laugh:

Now i have question too.Can someone tell me how to increase the playing years?I start at 1337 and my games ends on 2nd of January 1453.I almost conquered all of Europe with Bulgaria and the game ends.Please tell me:(

Even if you use the allow_laws cheat your vassals still have to vote for them. Allow_laws only allows you to change the laws when your not normally supposed to.

As to getting vassals to vote for you, give them gifts and titles. In time the law will pass. Sometimes it can take years though. The more your vassals like you, the more likely they are to vote for your laws though.

As to Killera124's question, I don't think you can change the end date. If you want to play more then 120 years you need to pick an earlier start date.

bishop succession

This is probably a pretty basic question, but how do I get myself into my bishop's line of succession. I created a new vassal for the bishopric of boutron, but now the heir to it is the byzantine king. How do I make it so that I'm the heir.

As to Killera124's question, I don't think you can change the end date. If you want to play more then 120 years you need to pick an earlier start date.

The end date is set in defines.txt. You can change it to a later date if you'd like.

This is probably a pretty basic question, but how do I get myself into my bishop's line of succession. I created a new vassal for the bishopric of boutron, but now the heir to it is the byzantine king. How do I make it so that I'm the heir.

Revoke the title. Only Muslims or Catholics with Free Investiture can affect Temple inheritance lines.

I'm looking for a good starting nation to get the hang of Sword of Islam's mechanics, much like vanilla CKII's Ireland. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I've tried two that I find worked well as introductions; the Abbassid Caliph in Baghdad and Mali. Mali is isolated, and as long as you consolidate early, you'll be stronger than Morocco (with a spot of work, of course). The Caliph has a relatively strong domain, while being a part of the much stronger Seljuks. They also has the Caliph title, which is another mechanic to learn.

Can anyone point me to the ruler designer mod that removes the age limitation? I've heard about it, but I only bought the DLC in today's Steam Sale and actually want it now. Haven't been able to find it in the mods forum.

So how do you get the beta patches on steam? It says they've released a steam version, does it automatically install?

So, I'm playing with Ireland and I'm thinking of going to war with France to get back some of my counties I lost to them due to marriages. I checked and saw that while the French king has a lot more of "Total Levy" than I do, he also has less "Current Levy" than me. This looks good for me but I also know he has troops currently raised and those will probably join the fight too.

Why are my "Total" and "Current" levies not the same? I have no raised armies at the moment. Are garrisons included in the "Total" and are "Current" simply those I can bring move to another county?

Total levies = When your army has no dead soldiers, current = the current state of the amount of soldiers. And I don't think garrison is included, I think that's the amount of men that defends a barony.