• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why on earth is my heir, who owns some land, plotting to claim parts of my territory and individual duchies? Doesn't make sense since he is going to inherit the whole damn kingdom (all three of them) soon anyway.

Because AI doesn't have normal human sense and emotions, it does stupid things from a human perspective. Or it can think like a psychopath: whatever it rationally believes to be good to it (however misguided in reality) without being swayed by emotion or empathy. Basically comes down to defining some variables to determine AI behaviour. After a while of playing, for example, I'm sick of all the plotted murders around me, including people with good character traits trying to assassinate infants.

So I'm playing as Ghana, and my second wife "was murdered on the orders" of one of my mayors.

The mayor in question is my spymaster.

So what I'm trying to determine is whether the mayor killing her was some plot of his (seems not, as I can't arrest him, in spite of the game telling me who murdered my wife) or if he had her killed because he discovered a plot against me by her. The latter seems likely, given I'd just rejected her request to replace my existing first wife. If this is the case though, the game neglected to inform me of the fact she was plotting.

Can anyone shed any light on it?

So I'm playing as Ghana, and my second wife "was murdered on the orders" of one of my mayors.

The mayor in question is my spymaster.

So what I'm trying to determine is whether the mayor killing her was some plot of his (seems not, as I can't arrest him, in spite of the game telling me who murdered my wife) or if he had her killed because he discovered a plot against me by her. The latter seems likely, given I'd just rejected her request to replace my existing first wife. If this is the case though, the game neglected to inform me of the fact she was plotting.

Can anyone shed any light on it?

It looks like your Spymaster killed him. You can only arrest him when he is plotting the murder. After the murder is done there is nothing you can do. I don't think the game catches every plot, especially if the person doing the plotting has high intrigue. In your case if it was your spymaster he would likely have the highest intrigue in the realm.

Hey. How does one know the prerequisites of creating a title BEFORE one has the necessary provinces. I want to know what I need for the Empire of Brittania, but I can't figure out where to look to know the required # of provinces, gold, and piety.

Thanks for the help.

Playing an Irish Duke. My wife was a Countess from another demense. Lienster dow'ed her, so I came in. She lost the war. I later declared war on Lienster to retake a demense (Osory). I won, but when peace arrived with me getting my claim, it was back in control of the original ruler - independent. A month later it rejoined Leinster as a vassal. ??? What have I missed? At one time, I had a kinsman in control there.

Hey. How does one know the prerequisites of creating a title BEFORE one has the necessary provinces. I want to know what I need for the Empire of Brittania, but I can't figure out where to look to know the required # of provinces, gold, and piety.

Thanks for the help.

Click on the CoA of any county, duchy or kingdom in the area. Then check the de jure box. The white shield with the red dragon that pops up is the Empire of Brittania, click on it. Then just hover your mouse over the create button.

edit. or I just read on another thread... use the find title button on the bottom right of your screen, type in Brittania

Click on the CoA of any county, duchy or kingdom in the area. Then check the de jure box. The white shield with the red dragon that pops up is the Empire of Brittania, click on it. Then just hover your mouse over the create button.

edit. or I just read on another thread... use the find title button on the bottom right of your screen, type in Brittania

thanks for the help

Ok so in the mod I'm using ruthenia has no de jure territory... and it's not formed at the start.

So how the hell is someone king of ruthenia (it even says it's titular in the description)?

Ok so in the mod I'm using ruthenia has no de jure territory... and it's not formed at the start.

So how the hell is someone king of ruthenia (it even says it's titular in the description)?

There are some titular titles that can be created, such as the Latin Empire and (against what the patch notes say) the Kingdom of Trinacria. Check Ruthenia's creation requirements, either in your files or by starting a new game.

Titular titles don't have any provinces attached, so they can't be formed and once they cease to exist they are gone for the rest of the game. However, at the start of a game some rulers have them to better represent certain historical setups.

It looks like your Spymaster killed him. You can only arrest him when he is plotting the murder. After the murder is done there is nothing you can do. I don't think the game catches every plot, especially if the person doing the plotting has high intrigue. In your case if it was your spymaster he would likely have the highest intrigue in the realm.
That and you get a massive bonus at attempting to assasinate your liege if you're their spymaster. So he likely had a bonus for doing whatever because he was spymaster as well.
Also it could merely be that normally either you or the spymaster can catch people plotting but in this case it'd just be you as king (and naturally kings aren't going to have as high an intrigue as someone who is the best for intrigue in the realm)
Titular titles don't have any provinces attached, so they can't be formed and once they cease to exist they are gone for the rest of the game. However, at the start of a game some rulers have them to better represent certain historical setups.
Thankyou for not reading my post

Some titular titles are creatable. Although they stoped Naples and Tricowhatever being made in 1.06. No reason at all why you couldn't make all the "fantasy" kingdoms titular and then give them complicated and difficult creation requirements (holding all duchies that would be in the theoretical "de jure" kingdom for example).

The only probelm is there would be no way of letting the player know without reading the files. this is explicitly the reason why these kingdoms and empires are de jure. It's for gameplay purposes. So ordinary players know what they need to do to form them without wading through text files.

Any clues what files I should wade through to work out how to disable ruthenia being created? Or would just putting in always allow = no (or whatever it is) work for stopping it being created titular ways as well?

Any clues what files I should wade through to work out how to disable ruthenia being created?

I think the file you need is landed_titles.txt, but I haven't much experience there.

Would just putting in always allow = no (or whatever it is) work for stopping it being created titular ways as well?

That should work.

Some titular titles are creatable. Although they stoped Naples and Tricowhatever being made in 1.06.

The patch notes are not infallible; you can still create Trinacria in 1.06. You need to be Catholic, or a Catholic heresy (Waldensian, etc) and hold Palermo.

The only probelm is there would be no way of letting the player know without reading the files. this is explicitly the reason why these kingdoms and empires are de jure. It's for gameplay purposes. So ordinary players know what they need to do to form them without wading through text files.

You can find the title using the search button and hover over "Create" to find out the requirements. No need to hunt around text files.

You're right, that is the correct file. However... in theory it still shouldn't be possible. Hopefully allow=no will fix it.

You're right, that is the correct file. However... in theory it still shouldn't be possible. Hopefully allow=no will fix it.

As I said, if you start a new game, find the (un-created) kingdom of Ruthenia, using the search, you can find what requirements it has. It might be available to anyone with the money/prestige, since you removed its de jure area.

As I said, if you start a new game, find the (un-created) kingdom of Ruthenia, using the search, you can find what requirements it has. It might be available to anyone with the money/prestige, since you removed its de jure area.
Perfect. It does indeed have requirements, the requirement is you must hold the capital only, which is not what I itended. Time to fix it.