+ Reply to Thread
Page 154 of 809 FirstFirst ... 54 79 104 129 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 179 204 229 254 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 16168

Thread: Crusader Kings II ~ Quick Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DamianGrim View Post
    Screenshot of the uncle would be helpful. I have some guesses, but it will be easier that way.
    He could be bishop for example, that way he may not inherit.

Though, if he is not bishop, just give him some county and duchy - that way you will be able to choose him.
    You were right.. I granted him a county and he appeared on the nomination list!

Strange thing is, plenty of people who appear on the list are not landed.. eg my daughters. So what exactly are the criteria to get on the list?

Darkest HourVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by Corbain View Post
    You were right.. I granted him a county and he appeared on the nomination list!

Strange thing is, plenty of people who appear on the list are not landed.. eg my daughters. So what exactly are the criteria to get on the list?
    Your children can be nominated without land, that's for sure. Close relatives (the red-gold blood drop) should be too, but it seems something was preventing your uncle (but not his brothers, as you say). Succession laws sometimes behave strangely enough.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    To my question, it seems that it is my ruler who is abroad in her son's court! How can I go back home?
    Mod:
    Byzantium - Imperial Restoration for Darkest Hour
    Wilhelm Scream for Crusader Kings II

And on the first day, man created God.

Crusader for True Inflation Emre Yigit's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Europa Universalis IV

You mean your queen is now sitting in the ducal palace in Brittany? If so, I honestly have no idea.

Worse, if you don't watch out, your son's heir is going to turn Breton.
    To every man upon this earth / Death cometh soon or late. / And how can man die better / Than facing fearful odds, / For the ashes of his fathers / And the temples of his gods...?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Exactly, my queen is trapped in her 7 year old son's court.

I'll try editing the save.
    Mod:

Crusader for True Inflation Emre Yigit's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Europa Universalis IV

Yeah, just change her location. But at least your son's some way away from begetting heirs. However, first, if you don't take an active interest in tutoring him, you may find that he turns Breton.
    To every man upon this earth / Death cometh soon or late. / And how can man die better / Than facing fearful odds, / For the ashes of his fathers / And the temples of his gods...?

Blog Entries
    Won't be a problem. The only thing that stops me from attacking with claim on Brittany is the queen being abroad. Once she's back home, I attack, conquer, and behead the kid. Probably giving the land to my heir.

EDIT: Okay I moved her home and could attack Brittany Problem solved.
    Last edited by Lord Finnish; 03-07-2012 at 12:12.
    Mod:

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Is there a Dismiss All button for the spammed alerts in the top right corner?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by fletcherreed View Post
    any alert you don't want to show in top right you can right click and it will let you change where and when it will be displayed. For example I switch off all the Councillor alert messages as I don't need reminded one second later that I've just sent my Court Chaplain to Rome to sweet talk the pope.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

"There is no joy without Clan Donald. There is no strength to be without them!"

Darkest HourVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

Ctrl+Click on "Discard this message".

If you ever hovered over this button for a second, you should've known. Just saying
    Last edited by DamianGrim; 03-07-2012 at 14:19.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by DamianGrim View Post
    Ctrl+Click on "Discard this message".

If you ever hovered over this button for a second, you should've known. Just saying
    I don't hover over it I click it as fast as humanly possible

I don't hover over it I click it as fast as humanly possible
    I discovered this ctrl-click when I was reading a message before closing it.
    If you closing them so fast then you should disable most of them, as spinoza013 suggested.

Is it possible to give a king title to a doge?

I read that this makes them "Serene Doges", but in my Britannia game this option is not appearing on the menu...

How do I give my modded traits ingame icons?

I am not able to kill people by plots after the patch... There just is no such option!
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/ck21.png/

Please help

Quote Originally Posted by battousairc View Post
    Is it possible to give a king title to a doge?

I read that this makes them "Serene Doges", but in my Britannia game this option is not appearing on the menu...
    Nope. And they can't create one (except Venice). In one of my games whole Ireland (and part of Scotland) was one big republic. But there were no "Serene Doge" of Ireland, though they had money and piety for sure.
    If you have Doges as vassals in your big empire it becomes somewhat annoyance... they want title but you can't give it to them nor they can create it. Sigh.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Pritanoi View Post
    I am not able to kill people by plots after the patch... There just is no such option!

Please help
    The system has been revamped. Now you will instead eventually get an event about the attempt. How long this takes to get depends on how many backers you have, and their individual plot power. Common consensus does seem to be that someone screwed up some numbers in the coding, though, as it can easily take a decade to kill someone, even with 100% plot power :/

Quote Originally Posted by Pritanoi View Post

Please help
    Plot system was revised. Now it is through random events, not through decision. But you still want to get 100% at least and as many backers as you can.

Second Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour

Blog Entries
    Is there a way to disable decadence or modify it to permanent +0%?

Quote Originally Posted by Alizon View Post
    Is there a way to disable decadence or modify it to permanent +0%?
    Disabling decadence strips you out of it's benefits. Permanent 0%, huh? You can control ot very easily already. Ramadan here, battles there, kill all unnecessary males of your dynasty and you will be near 0-5% all the time.

+ Reply to Thread