• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Im trying to make the new Empires titular and Im having troubles coding the "allow" blocks I want properly... I figured perhaps someone here can help?

e_scandinavia = {
color={ 62 122 189 }
color2={ 255 255 0 }
capital = 290 # Uppland

culture = swedish

allow = {
title = k_sweden
title = k_norway
title = k_denmark
title = k_finland
}
}

This is the structure I tried, with various permutations, for a Titular Scandinavia (After removing it from the De Jure part of the file, of course). Obviously, what Im going for here is making it creatable only for rulers who manage to have these four kingdoms under their belts. But its failing miserably. It only works if I remove the allow block completely for some reason, so Im stumped. Anyone can tell me the correct syntax? Thanks!

Im trying to make the new Empires titular and Im having troubles coding the "allow" blocks I want properly... I figured perhaps someone here can help?

This is the structure I tried, with various permutations, for a Titular Scandinavia (After removing it from the De Jure part of the file, of course). Obviously, what Im going for here is making it creatable only for rulers who manage to have these four kingdoms under their belts. But its failing miserably. It only works if I remove the allow block completely for some reason, so Im stumped. Anyone can tell me the correct syntax? Thanks!
You should try posting this in the User Mods sub-forum.

2 questions as i'm still new to playing as minor vassals:

1. there is no way to swear fealty to my king if my direct liege declares independence, right? i'm stuck helping fight his war even if i'm still happily a french count?

2. when my all knowledgeable liege sees fit to go to war and raises my levies, is there any way to prevent my character from automatically going to war? i know how to get him to resign when it's an army i control, but i don't want my 74 year old, inform count marching off to fight the french when there are feasts to throw at home.

Why is the AI so goddamn retarded sometimes? I was the emperor, waging war while I died, ending the war on the spot. My personal elite army was still at full size, but for some reason the 'new emperor' AI managed to completely annihilate it after it immediately gained control of my armies. What did it do this time? Anyhow I immediately got in another war, so he f*cked me good. Thanks for potentially ending the game for me at the very end, AI. :p

@ costevie:
1. I think you need to be independant to swear fealty, so no, unfortunately you can't do that.
2. The day when he declares war, you best pauze and un-task your marshall. He will join the war in your stead. Often I have been too slow to press, which resulted in my character getting maimed/killed.

And the one thing I still don't get about CK2: the De Jure wars. If I was king of Germany I never got de jure claims on Hamburg for instance, which is obviously de jure part of Germany. The second I die, the new king takes over and immediately starts a de jure claim. Maybe he already fabricated one, but it doesn't show on the claims list on his profile (only other claims). During the same game this happened numerously, yet I am stuck crafting false claims that cost a lot of prestige. Somebody please explain this because it makes absolutely no sense. All variables are the same: the Empire working with "autonomous vassals", same state of the world,...

Last edited:
And the one thing I still don't get about CK2: the De Jure wars. If I was king of Germany I never got de jure claims on Hamburg for instance, which is obviously de jure part of Germany. The second I die, the new king takes over and immediately starts a de jure claim. Maybe he already fabricated one, but it doesn't show on the claims list on his profile (only other claims). During the same game this happened numerously, yet I am stuck crafting false claims that cost a lot of prestige. Somebody please explain this because it makes absolutely no sense. All variables are the same: the Empire working with "autonomous vassals", same state of the world,...
Hamburg is part of de jure Denmark, not Germany. The new king was probably duke of Holstein and was using that de jure claim.

Hamburg is part of de jure Denmark, not Germany. The new king was probably duke of Holstein and was using that de jure claim.

My game indicates otherwise. I should mention I'm playing as CK2+. Maybe it's been corrected there, because I don't believe it should be Denmark historically. But your scenario is probably. Thx.

Is it possible to have the so-called lover events as female rulers? I have been trying to raise lustful daughters in my games but have never encountered the event when I have playing as them (lustful female rulers). Every lustful male ruler I have been playing has had extramarital relationships and bastards... But lustful duchesses and queens have not, just having a good time with their husbands.

It is no problem of course because having a bastard brings you with troubles with your spouse and other children but I like to roleplay and keep lovers...

As a Sultan how many wives should I have to not incur a penalty? Since I thought I had read depending on your rank you were expected to have so many wives.

I think it's four for Sultans, but you can tell by hovering over your prestige total. It will tell you if you're getting a penalty for too few wives.

Seriously, you automatically participate in Grand Tournaments if you click on that button, and with it, you gain the risk of getting killed??? It's not logical that you - the emperor - are allowed to be killed in a frickin' tournament for entertainment, while at the same time you are being loathed for executing people who committed treason. Where's the frickin' logic in this? The world couldn't have been that crazy in the middle ages, right?

Seriously, you automatically participate in Grand Tournaments if you click on that button, and with it, you gain the risk of getting killed??? It's not logical that you - the emperor - are allowed to be killed in a frickin' tournament for entertainment, while at the same time you are being loathed for executing people who committed treason. Where's the frickin' logic in this? The world couldn't have been that crazy in the middle ages, right?

...You don't really understand what a tournament is, do you? It's not a dance-off or beauty pageant. You're fighting other people in various formats. People don't necessarily _try_ to kill each other, but when you're fighting with potentially deadly weapons, accidents do happen.

I'm not sure random complaints about the game vaguely formed as questions are appropriate for this thread, either.

So they've changed plots now so you may no longer use decisions as triggers when the set amount of power for the plot has been reached. My question is: how DO you trigger assassinations now?

I'm confused.

How could a close member of my dynasty (daughter) suddenly get a new liege and move half way across the map??? She is married but it's a matrilineal marriage and this has happend just now and not when they first got married. Any ideas on how this happend?

siviz4 said:
So they've changed plots now so you may no longer use decisions as triggers when the set amount of power for the plot has been reached. My question is: how DO you trigger assassinations now?

From what I can tell so far, you just need to wait for an event. You'll get a message from one of your backers saying they have a plan to kill the target and the plan will either fail or succeed (along with a chance of the plan being discovered for both options.)

Last edited:
I'm confused.

How could a close member of my dynasty (daughter) suddenly get a new liege and move half way across the map??? She is married but it's a matrilineal marriage and this has happend just now and not when they first got married. Any ideas on how this happend?
Did her husband inherit a title? If one side of marriage has land and the other doesn't, the landless person will always move to the court of the landed person.

This is 'semi-random' now which makes perfect sense and in my opinion makes the game more realistic. This is one of the biggest improvements in the new patch since 'plot-assassinations' was seriously overpowered before. Plot-assassinations might take months or even years to succeed (or fail) and thus are more long-term. Assassinations (via paying a 'professional') can be seen as the quicker option for more pressing matters.

Maybe this has been asked and answered before, but the search option doesn't highlight on which of the 149 pages it might be :) So here goes.

Occasionally I run into the problem that I can't raise all my levies. The military overview shows that I have raised troops, unraised troops and of course the max. which is higher. I know I can't raise the max if they're not all recruited, but I should be able to raise the unraised ones right?
Or does it have to do with being in the HRE that I always have to have a % of my available troops available for the emperor? Or does it show the levies that have been raised by the emperor as unraised?

I was wondering what exactly is the average amount of time after your decadence get high does the desert tribe invasion commence. I ask this because my neighbors the Seljuk dynasty has reached 100% several times in the last 30 years and has been above 70%, what I assume is the magic number, for at least 50 years and yet nothing, there current ruler is a complete imbecile who's only attribute is a mild military skill (7) yet he has somehow managed to keep him nation together. I have been connected to them through marriage of aunts, sisters, and daughters for most of their existence so I imagine they would have called if an invasion has taken place yet at no time have I seen anything that indicated they where in any type of war except fighting off another rebellion. It is currently 1120 and I have been expecting them to have fallen sometime before 1100 because of their decadence.

Maybe this has been asked and answered before, but the search option doesn't highlight on which of the 149 pages it might be :) So here goes.

Occasionally I run into the problem that I can't raise all my levies. The military overview shows that I have raised troops, unraised troops and of course the max. which is higher. I know I can't raise the max if they're not all recruited, but I should be able to raise the unraised ones right?
Or does it have to do with being in the HRE that I always have to have a % of my available troops available for the emperor? Or does it show the levies that have been raised by the emperor as unraised?

well let me try my best to explain it, by an example
lets say a castle's levy gives 4000 troops, you raise them and fight with them a bit, 2000 troops in the the levy group are dead but 500 have since recovered (they show up in the unraised in the military tab)
The troops that have recovered while their group is still out fighting can not be levied until you first unlevy that group, after that those 2000 troops would join the 500 soldiers that have recovered in the castle
You can THEN levy all your 2500 soldiers in a fresh new group

In short, you should disband (in friendly territory) and re-raise your army again when you notice you have a lot of unraised soldiers again during a long war,