• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What are the conditions for the cultural assimilation events to fire? I've looked at the code, but I can't work out what all the 'root', 'prev' and 'prevprev' stuff means...

Basically, can you get a province conversion if you don't already own counties of that culture? So if a German duke becomes King of Jerusalem, is there any way for provinces in the Holy Land to turn German? Or can the Normans of Southern Italy turn Sicily Norman?

Can anyone tell me what is creating this error " my problem is that when i choose plot to kill "some random character" and lets say i have plot power of 99% since i have such an awesome intrigue. I find two random backers to my plot since you always need at least one more person behind your plot. They both accept and i should have over 100% plot power. My error is that when i go to intrigue panel i cant find my desicision to do the plot. i dont have any of the different desicions u get after each time u go over 40%-100%. what gives?

Can anyone tell me what is creating this error " my problem is that when i choose plot to kill "some random character" and lets say i have plot power of 99% since i have such an awesome intrigue. I find two random backers to my plot since you always need at least one more person behind your plot. They both accept and i should have over 100% plot power. My error is that when i go to intrigue panel i cant find my desicision to do the plot. i dont have any of the different desicions u get after each time u go over 40%-100%. what gives?

The way murder plots work is different in 1.06. You no longer have a simple choice to kill them. Instead, you will get events that give you a choice to try to kill them or not. Once you've started to plot, you'll need to wait for one of those events to happen.

new change in 1.06. plots are now event triggered, so once you've started a plot and added backers, eventually (could be days, could be months after) you will get an event popup saying "so and so has figured out a way to kill king whatever!" with options for you to undertake the plan or not.

It's with an event now instead of a decision, so all you have to do is wait for the event to get fired.

I play the king of Denmark.
1. If I married an English lady of many titles, and our son have appointed the successor of my kingdom, and the titles at the same time it inherits from his mother, are these titles go to my kingdom if I and mother die?
2. If I want to marry the MAN from my kingdom with an independent countess, and she have duchy, and I want her lands passed into my kingdom - does it MAN have to be my son, a member of the dynasty, necessarily? Plain servant is not enough?

Thanks.

I think that if its Holy war outright Invasion due to claimed title (like William of Normandy conquering England), then all vassals get removed in conquered territory.
De jure claims and other cassius beli, you depose ruler of province and vassals stay with you.

I play the king of Denmark.
1. If I married an English lady of many titles, and our son have appointed the successor of my kingdom, and the titles at the same time it inherits from his mother, are these titles go to my kingdom if I and mother die?
2. If I want to marry the MAN from my kingdom with an independent countess, and she have duchy, and I want her lands passed into my kingdom - does it MAN have to be my son, a member of the dynasty, necessarily? Plain servant is not enough?

Thanks.

Lets take perspective of the given Duchess/Countess. Only her children may inherit the land in question (unless she has non, but thats different story). So if she marries one of you vassals, his kids get territory eventually. If she marries you son, line passes into you line. Now lets say that you died and your son inherited. If she is still alive, she is still ruler of the independent Duchy/County, but once she dies, it gets passed on to kids or whoever succession laws require. So make sure to take out any kids from her previous marriage/s, so that your own are at the top of succession line.

So in short, if you marry your son to her (not matrimonially), only his kids (your grand kids) are eligible inheritors and will get it upon her death.
If she dies while your son rules, the kids get the title and will succeed your kingdom keeping the territory.

Last edited:
I have a problem transfering a vassal to one of my dukes.

one of the Counts is my direct vassal but belongs de jure to a duke, who is my vassal. Now I want to transfer the vassalage of the count to the de jure duke. But I cant choose this count in the diplomacy screen for transfer....
where is the problem?
;)

3 small questions here:

1: How do I check the realm laws of my leige? My problem is that I can not appoint bishops because the game says I don't have free investiture, however I'm getting a -30 relationship modifier with the pope due to "free investiture".

2: If I discover a plot by character A against character B, is there a way to tell character A about the plot?

3: Is there a way to search for a specific character by typing in their name directly?

For Muslim rules, how does the game determine who the primary wife is? And does the primary wife get any benefits?

The primary wife is the first wife, you only get bonuses from her, not the other wives.

3 small questions here:

1: How do I check the realm laws of my leige? My problem is that I can not appoint bishops because the game says I don't have free investiture, however I'm getting a -30 relationship modifier with the pope due to "free investiture".

2: If I discover a plot by character A against character B, is there a way to tell character A about the plot?

3: Is there a way to search for a specific character by typing in their name directly?
1. On the laws screen, look above where the succession line is shown and click on the coat of arms of your liege.

2.I'm assuming you mean tell character B? No, the only things you can do about a plot are imprison the plotter or ask the plotter to end the plot.

3. No