• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a way to change the county capital. For instance if its a barony make it a city or church or any way you want?

What is a Jidzi?

Muslims get a 10% penalty on their income from not having one. There's nothing explaining what it IS or how to get one.

Jizya is the tax all non-Muslim subjects must pay to their benevolent Muslim rulers.;)

Is there a way to change the county capital. For instance if its a barony make it a city or church or any way you want?

If there is at least 2 slots in county (capital and something else), give the county to second slot holder and if slot is of another type, there will be new capital.
Also, if capital is city or bishopic and there is also castle in one of the slots you can revoke castle and capital of county will change automatically. Or you can build castle in free slot, if county has one.

If there is at least 2 slots in county (capital and something else), give the county to second slot holder and if slot is of another type, there will be new capital.
Also, if capital is city or bishopic and there is also castle in one of the slots you can revoke castle and capital of county will change automatically. Or you can build castle in free slot, if county has one.
Thx Not sure I fully understand but I get the gist of it. I was actually trying to get rid of castles and getting cities as capital.

OK so I launched it from the 'Play Now' button in my Steam library and it worked fine, quit again and launched via the launcher as usual and it's now working fine that way too. So if anyone else gets the problem just give that a go ;)

This didn't work for me...

Hi there -- long-time CK player just now getting into CK2. Had a couple of questions.

First, is there any way to keep your ruler getting constantly dragged into leading levies for the HRE? Playing as the Duke of Toscana, I've lost two rulers now in completely pointless wars on the wrong side of the continent. I don't mind sending troops, but I do mind losing dynasty heads.

Second, the entire court of Salerno ended up in my court because one of the muslim nations took it over. If they stay in my court and Salerno gets re-taken (by Sicily, for instance) is there a way to press a claim on behalf of the Salerno crew in my court? I thought I read something like that in another thread but I can't find it.

Thanks.

One other question -- is there a way to see what the potential army size of your opponent is before you declare war on them? I've gotten into some battles where I got absolutely roughed up and wasn't expecting it.