• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there any way I can check how big a character's army is? There's been a couple of times I've declared war then ended up regretting it because they had more units than I thought they did...
If they're an independent state, there's a page in the ledger that includes army size. If they're a vassal in your realm, the Realm display button on your character sheet shows army sizes. I believe these are current available levies, not maximum, so might be misleading if their forces were recently reduced by a war but are increasing again.

Otherwise you'd have to look through their individual provinces to see the size of the levy each province can raise and add it up.

Also check how much money they have on hand - they might be able to use it to raise mercenaries.

Does crusading or not having titles effect the chances of my children having children of their own? My ruler had 9 children, the two youngest twins are 20 and the oldest is 40. Between the 9 of them, there have been 2 grandchildren. One of them is my heirs genius daughter so it's not all bad. So was keeping my sons and son in-laws away from their wives a bad idea. Or have I just been unlucky so far.

What time do paradox games usually come out? I wanna be around for the SOI DLC the second it comes out so I can update my mod ASAP.

What happens to the Pope if i go steal the last of his countries? ... does he move into a random bishopcy or?

He'll be found living amongst your courtiers in that last county conquered. Have read on the forums that he sometimes he goes elsewhere. I just give him a bishopric to make him happy. (Even if I have to edit the savegame.)

In termes of income, from what I've gathered, a province with an additional plot will still yield more despite being landlocked. On the other hand, a costal province will give you other bonuses such as, obviously, a navy and increased rate of technological development, bringing additional variables into play, making the picture statistically somewhat more complicated.

CKII Wiki said:
All holdings can be upgraded, and follow the focus on what they are already good at. Cities and Churches also have buildings designed to boost research, and cities can build a harbor, more gold and ships, if they are coastal.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?603531-Landlocked-or-coastal

Does crusading or not having titles effect the chances of my children having children of their own? My ruler had 9 children, the two youngest twins are 20 and the oldest is 40. Between the 9 of them, there have been 2 grandchildren. One of them is my heirs genius daughter so it's not all bad. So was keeping my sons and son in-laws away from their wives a bad idea. Or have I just been unlucky so far.

If they're all in your court, the most likely problem is that you're hitting the court limit of 30 people, which reduces/eliminates (I'm not sure which) the rate of reproduction for everyone in the court, except for the ruler (you, in this case.)

As far as I'm aware, where the people actually are (leading armies, fabricating claims, whatever) has no effect on reproduction.

I have the same problem...

OK so I launched it from the 'Play Now' button in my Steam library and it worked fine, quit again and launched via the launcher as usual and it's now working fine that way too. So if anyone else gets the problem just give that a go ;)