• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why does giving people Duchies as a King buff the amount of people you can call up?

Probably because they can manage a duchy better than you :p

No seriously, when the game tells you to delegate in the loading screen, that's exactly what it means. A local ruler will always outperform a more distant one, but you risk making yourself too weak by delegating authority.

What are the options for dealing with revolts and increased revolt risks? I am playing CK+.

As King of Sicily, I waged holy war for Tunisia and its surrounding territories which I won and later successfully converted all the lands to Catholic faith but I still keep getting revolts. All the leaders in the Duchy of Tunisia are of Catholic faith as well.

Years later, the Pope granted me the lands of Egypt as a result of a successful crusade which is not fully converted. Is this somehow causing revolts in Tunisia?

Next question

1. I married some duchess of tucano or something (northern Italy) as King of England. Now this is cool cause she declared independence from the HRE and I supported her and now our kid is in line to receive not only England but her place as well.

The problem I have is she always gets into lots of wars, mainly with the HRE etc, which is fine, England is plodding along nicely and I can support my wife. The problem is that it seems her "Call To Arms" message only pops up for a split second and then disappears and I get a "Dishonored Alliance" negative in her opinion.

This is hard cause England is so stable at the mo that I usually running along at full game speed. So the message pops up and is gone in an instant.

Is there a way to change this? I remember in EU3 you could tell the game to pause at certain pop ups?

Also I notice that sometimes I'm not allowed to join her wars (the option just isn't there in her diplo screen) even though I can see that she is clearly at war and needs my help. To get around this I thought I'd save and load as her, then send a request, but more often than not even she can't call me in from her end, cause it says that I need to refuse a call in five years or something?

This sucks, like we are husband and wife for christs sake, it should go hand in hand. One war I had to sit out entirely, luckly I just spammed her gifts of gold so she could hire some mercs.

Any solutions?

2. I just read somewhere about changing main titles. Does this mean that if my King is King of say England and Jerusalem I could decide which would be the main title? If so how do you do this?

I just read somewhere about changing main titles. Does this mean that if my King is King of say England and Jerusalem I could decide which would be the main title? If so how do you do this?

I think in the Kingdom view (the screen where you can also Usurp titles, and so on), there is a button "Make Primary"

The problem I have is she always gets into lots of wars, mainly with the HRE etc, which is fine, England is plodding along nicely and I can support my wife. The problem is that it seems her "Call To Arms" message only pops up for a split second and then disappears and I get a "Dishonored Alliance" negative in her opinion.

This is hard cause England is so stable at the mo that I usually running along at full game speed. So the message pops up and is gone in an instant.

Is there a way to change this? I remember in EU3 you could tell the game to pause at certain pop ups?

Go to Options (esc) then Message Settings and set the appropriate message category.

So I just married a dude with a claim on a county I want but I don't want to press the claim yet since we are allies. Just wondering if the claim will pass on to my son or if I'll lose it when the father dies. Would like to know before the father dies otherwise I will go ahead and press it while I still have it. Thanks

So I just married a dude with a claim on a county I want but I don't want to press the claim yet since we are allies. Just wondering if the claim will pass on to my son or if I'll lose it when the father dies. Would like to know before the father dies otherwise I will go ahead and press it while I still have it. Thanks

Hover over the claim in your dudes character page. The tooltip will tell you if the claim is inheritable or not.

I'm playing as the Duchy of Khazars, which starts Orthodox, and I noticed that I didn't have any religious casus bellis. I decided that it was probably because I had a different religion than my liege (Tengri, Cumans). However, once my ruler converted, I still had no religious casus bellis.

Do pagans not get the holy war casus belli? Or do they need to be independent in order to get it?

Also I notice that sometimes I'm not allowed to join her wars (the option just isn't there in her diplo screen) even though I can see that she is clearly at war and needs my help. To get around this I thought I'd save and load as her, then send a request, but more often than not even she can't call me in from her end, cause it says that I need to refuse a call in five years or something?

You're disallowed to offer to join wars if you refused a call to arms from them within the last 5 years - as said otherwise, set calls to pause the game in the message settings (main menu while in game).

How feasible/hard is it to take Rome/Papal State? I want to give this a shot, but don't feel like getting excommunicated the second I do it.

Also, how many guys should I take with me to attempt taking Venice? I know that lagoon crossing is going to lead to some casualties.

I'm by no means an expert, but if you click on any characters face to get to there screen, you can see their titles and claims right under their portrait. Hover over the CoA to see the name or click on it to go to it. There may be other ways to see it as well like in the ledgers, but I'm not sure.

Ormond is like this in every game -- there are a number of provinces where the "primary holding" is either a town or a church instead of a castle and thus present problems for holding that province personally (since you are neither a mayor or a bishop).

However, Ormond *can* be in your demesne, so long as you're willing to take the relationship hit for having the wrong type of holding. Many folks wind up holding it personally because they feel that the added income (cities are rich and produce good tax) is worth the negative relationship modifier. As for the heirs being out of your control, I don't think that's a huge deal if you just hand it over to a random vassal, which is usually what I do.

ETA: You might want to do some searches on "primary holding" and "changing primary holding" and see what they come with, I know there's been discussion before on Ormond and similar provinces regarding how to work around it.

Hey Scratch and anyone else, I have an interesting follow-up to this query:

So Ormond was continuing to bother me as the single vassal was impossible to control and they always disliked me thus limiting taxes. Where I'd left off, as mentioned, was assigning a mayor to the primary holding (some city). After a while I got that guy to revolt on purpose to get rid of him. I again become the holder of this county with the "wrong title" malus. (I should note that the old Mayor was still getting the "wrong title or holding" malus as well, which I didn't catch) So my initial thought now was to reassign a new vassal to Ormond. However, like I said the Mayor was still getting the penalty as well. Ormond is just effed up if it always starts out this way.

Anyway, I looked a bit deeper at the Ormond at this point as I wanted to try to solve this 'wrong title" issue if possible. I then realized that one of Ormond's second tier slots was a Barony ("N" something) which is actually a castle. I did not realize that first time. My first intent was to assign the Baron of N as the mayor of X city of Ormond to become the vassal thinking that it might fix the wrong leader type by virtue of him being a Baron. So I granted him Ormond. Now what is very interesting here is that it switched the Barony of N to the primary holding of Ormond. So now Barony of N (the castle) is the top slot of the Ormond screen with the Baron of N as my vassal. The wrong title malus is now gone. Yay! Even better, I eventually got this joker to revolt - or maybe his heir - imprisoned him, and revoked his title. Now Ormond is back in my demesne under my control with no penalty. Woot! I'm sure others have figured this out before, but wanted to mention it here in case anyone new ran into this problem.:cool: