• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Stupid question....How do I join a Crusade? The game is not clear on this, even though I'm sure it is very simple. Also, what determines the "contribution"? Is it just number of troops? How does the game actually determine/know his contribution?

Click the flag, it'll bring up the war page. Press the arrow to the pope's side.

Contribution seems to be based off of who killed the most enemy troops and who captured the most holdings. So theoretically a smaller power could still be the major contributor to the war by being more efficient.

Click the flag, it'll bring up the war page. Press the arrow to the pope's side.

Contribution seems to be based off of who killed the most enemy troops and who captured the most holdings. So theoretically a smaller power could still be the major contributor to the war by being more efficient.

And who lost the most troops too. By losing bunch of troops you can easily be on 1st place.

Really sorry for such a simple question, but for the life of me I can't find a way to get back the alerts in the top left corner after disabling them.

Here is a simple question. Is there a mod that adds more years or gives the player unlimited years? It has been a long time since I modded a paradox game :ninja:.

Also, what is with empires, there are only four? Is there no way of making an empire of my own? My France playthrough is going really well and I have several kingdoms but it feels a bit weak not having the emperor bonuses and the big flashy empire symbols everywhere even though I am on par for size with the HRE.

Here is a simple question. Is there a mod that adds more years or gives the player unlimited years? It has been a long time since I modded a paradox game :ninja:.

Do it yourself. Edit end_date in common/defines.txt.

Also, what is with empires, there are only four? Is there no way of making an empire of my own? My France playthrough is going really well and I have several kingdoms but it feels a bit weak not having the emperor bonuses and the big flashy empire symbols everywhere even though I am on par for size with the HRE.

There are:

Holy Roman Empire
Byzantine Empire
(Latin Empire
Shia Caliphate
Sunni Caliphate
Golden Horde
Il-khanate
Timurids) (all titular)

and I think there are more to come in the next patch.

How do you view a war that you aren't involved in?
I wonder because when u open the menu for a war you are in, theres a button that allows you to join a side meaning u can click on it if u open up the menu.
I tried clicking the button below the ruler's name, but it only opens up the title being contested.

Thanks.

The Byzantine Empire is attacking me for the County of Coruna and a random Barony, I'm gaining war score for winning battles but shouldn't I also be getting some for still controlling the 2 holdings?

As the Emperor of the ERE is how do you go about gathering already formed (non-de jure) kingdoms into the empire? My daughter was my heir and set to inherit the throne of Georgia, then the game decided to give me a son in my 50s from another marriage. Would I have to fabricate claims on 50% of the Kingdom, then usurp the title?

The Byzantine Empire is attacking me for the County of Coruna and a random Barony, I'm gaining war score for winning battles but shouldn't I also be getting some for still controlling the 2 holdings?

As time goes by, you will be getting War Score just for holding them, yes.

As the Emperor of the ERE is how do you go about gathering already formed (non-de jure) kingdoms into the empire? My daughter was my heir and set to inherit the throne of Georgia, then the game decided to give me a son in my 50s from another marriage. Would I have to fabricate claims on 50% of the Kingdom, then usurp the title?

Since you are Emperor, you don't need to own the title of king of each kingdom under your empire. I wouldn't spend my time fabricating claims on titles that are my vassals, but spend that time in trying to absorb other titles from abroad :)

Since you are Emperor, you don't need to own the title of king of each kingdom under your empire. I wouldn't spend my time fabricating claims on titles that are my vassals, but spend that time in trying to absorb other titles from abroad :)

What's the best way to go about doing this as Emperor? I thought that installing my daughter to the throne of Georgia would make her a vassal of the empire, but that didn't work.

Why England made 2 sucession wars against me in one year? I thought there was a 10 years truce...

I started out as the king of Castille for my first game, but I've had real trouble containing the Muslims as they just keep gaining territory on the Iberian peninsula. Even when my fellow Spanish rulers ask me to join in in their defensive wars to protect their territory, we can't seem to be able to hold them off. Is there any way to contain them or should I just re-roll as another king?

I started out as the king of Castille for my first game, but I've had real trouble containing the Muslims as they just keep gaining territory on the Iberian peninsula. Even when my fellow Spanish rulers ask me to join in in their defensive wars to protect their territory, we can't seem to be able to hold them off. Is there any way to contain them or should I just re-roll as another king?

IMHO, there are a lot of game mechanics that you should know before you play as the Spanish kings. May be best to start somewhere else.

Thanks for the quick answer. Someone recommended in a Let's Play video to start out as the Scottish king, would that be a better fit for a beginner?

An Irish count or duke is probably the best to start out with. No one around you is especially more powerful than yourself, you can slowly grow your realm without having to manage a bunch of vassals right from the beginning, and you have a clear goal (unite and form Ireland.) Connaught or Dublin are particular well-suited for a first timer, if I remember right. I think Connaught has a de jure ducal claim on another province right from the beginning, and Dublin starts with an ally and can inherit another province not long after the game starts (I might be wrong on one or both of those, but any of the Irish provinces will work in any case.)

Why England made 2 sucession wars against me in one year? I thought there was a 10 years truce...

We'd need a lot more information to really answer this question, but the most likely reason is that it was actually a different person declaring war. Truces are between people, not political units. If a new king took the throne of England, he could declare war regardless of what truces the old king had.

Besides, I'd guess the computer can break truces just like the player can, if something's important enough.

There should be a sticky with hints. Finally got the notion that I should put declarations of war as a popup. The ruler's I've lost because I couldn't press pause quickly enough after my liege started a war... :p Almost everyone died at battle because my Marshall was training troups / researching tech.

I seem to remember this featuring but cannot find it again...

Is it possible to view the breakdown of how the levy is distributed between yourself, duchy and kingdom? I am sure I found a tooltip for it but cannot, for the love of my life, find it again.