• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks, well HRE just ruined my game... even the difficulty bar is like "pointless brah". If my Kaiser dies does his heir that gets 3 Kingdoms will rule them within the borders of HRE or will be able to peace out from HRE granted he will not become the next Kaiser?

Thanks, well HRE just ruined my game... even the difficulty bar is like "pointless brah". If my Kaiser dies does his heir that gets 3 Kingdoms will rule them within the borders of HRE or will be able to peace out from HRE granted he will not become the next Kaiser?
The Kingdoms will still be a part of the HRE, but you can wage a war of independence. :D

following constellation:

my ruler, duke of bavaria, married with duchess of ascalon.
both duchies have agnatic-cognatic primogeniture.

firstborn: daughter - heir to the duchy of ascalon
secondborn: son - heir to duchy of bavaria

is this a bug? how is it that my daughter is heir to ascalon, although my wife and I have a son?
my son isnt even second in the succession of ascalon.

Does the HRE or Jerusalem (I'm assuming they're separate entities) have high or absolute crown authority? If so, there's your problem - to prevent foreign inheritances, it will automatically split the heirs, even if there's an opportunity for the duchy within the high authority realm to inherit the other duchy so as to prevent vice versa happening.

Does the HRE or Jerusalem (I'm assuming they're separate entities) have high or absolute crown authority? If so, there's your problem - to prevent foreign inheritances, it will automatically split the heirs, even if there's an opportunity for the duchy within the high authority realm to inherit the other duchy so as to prevent vice versa happening.

thx, thats my damn fucking problem... Ascalon is in the Kingdom of Jerusalem which belongs to the HRE, which has absolute crown authority, which is fukcing up my game, which got so damn boring without starting/getting wars....

dont know what to do about it. I recently assassinated the Emperor then started a plot for lowering CA, got 120% plot-power but can't start the plot, because of some weird reason ( I think the Emperor has to be in peace ).
But third of the Empire are rebelling and waging war with the Emperor. NIce? No, all the Empire is divided into very small duchies which have no power at all. Then the great Empereror comes by with four 10k armies, and goodbye...

Can you ask to join a kingdom if you are de jure a part of it? We are both in the same empire (HRE). I don't want my duchy to be claimed through war so I might lose it. I'm staying friends with the king to keep him from doing so, but I don't know how long it'll hold as my successor is a mean diplomacyless bastard.

One of my vassals (currently a count) has a claim on a neighboring county that is not part of my realm. If I help claim it for him, will it then become part of my realm, or will he break away from me?

One of my vassals (currently a count) has a claim on a neighboring county that is not part of my realm. If I help claim it for him, will it then become part of my realm, or will he break away from me?

Yes, if the title that he will get is lower or equal than the one that he already has under your vassalage, he will keep being your vassal, with all the lands he gets. If you are a king, I would say it wouldn't be a bad idea to grant him a duchy of your kingdom, to reinforce that he will not split up

Two questions that I am sure have been answered to death, but I can't find with a quick scour of the topic.

One: Do I have to build new cities/bishoprics/castles myself? It seems like it aggravates my subjects needlessly, especially as I just transfer said vassals to them later. For that matter, do county capitols get upgraded automatically if you sit on a pile o' gold? As it is, my demesne tends to change every thirty years or so, and I'll admit I often forget where I'm likely/planning to be next, so even though I'm fairly good about saving gold and not being a warmonger, I'm terrible at micromanaging things, for example construction. If building doesn't happen, is there a way to automate it further?

Two: I've noticed that, despite kingdom authority being at maximum and ally parts of my kingdom being affected de jure, vassals can non-war declare their independence or swap leiges. I'm fairly certain this is due to my policy of marrying my bloodline siblings off to friendly families; I'm not really looking to create an alliance bloc, but feel that it's somewhat in character for what a ruler of the time would do. Unfortunately, it seems to somehow 'break' the part of kingdom authority that regulates vassals from passing outside the realm; I am not allowed a war, or warned by a 'vassal succession line' notice. The worst part, is that since we are nominally allied it is exceedingly time and resource intensive to retrieve the terrain... Not to mention diplomatically speaking, a train wreck. Should I just keep marriage in my realm and accept the penalties?

Thanks!

thx, thats my damn fucking problem... Ascalon is in the Kingdom of Jerusalem which belongs to the HRE, which has absolute crown authority, which is fukcing up my game, which got so damn boring without starting/getting wars....

dont know what to do about it. I recently assassinated the Emperor then started a plot for lowering CA, got 120% plot-power but can't start the plot, because of some weird reason ( I think the Emperor has to be in peace ).
But third of the Empire are rebelling and waging war with the Emperor. NIce? No, all the Empire is divided into very small duchies which have no power at all. Then the great Empereror comes by with four 10k armies, and goodbye...

Can you not make Ascalon your primary title and get around it that way?

Two: I've noticed that, despite kingdom authority being at maximum and ally parts of my kingdom being affected de jure, vassals can non-war declare their independence or swap leiges. I'm fairly certain this is due to my policy of marrying my bloodline siblings off to friendly families; I'm not really looking to create an alliance bloc, but feel that it's somewhat in character for what a ruler of the time would do. Unfortunately, it seems to somehow 'break' the part of kingdom authority that regulates vassals from passing outside the realm; I am not allowed a war, or warned by a 'vassal succession line' notice. The worst part, is that since we are nominally allied it is exceedingly time and resource intensive to retrieve the terrain... Not to mention diplomatically speaking, a train wreck. Should I just keep marriage in my realm and accept the penalties?

I've seen this happen, and I think this is how it works. Vassal A (generally a Duke) plots to install B in Vassal C's place (again a duchy). The plot goes ahead and you have the mini-war, but if Vassal A dies, then Vassal C goes independent. There may be other instances of this happening, but this is what I have seen...

Do you guys know if it is possible to change the color that your territories are painted with? Mine appears to be same green color as some of my neighbors... While it's not critical, I'd love to change it to something else.

Thank you very much, Emre!... That sounds about right to what I've seen. I guess I should be more active in pruning plots, but then again it's just so amusing to watch the lengths my courtiers are willing to go for the most minor scraps of land. Hmn, to play a successful nation or encourage chaos... Well, I think I know what I must do. ;)

Mercadi, that's a good question. As far as I know, I don't think you can change the color of your nation in-game, which is too bad. But you should be able to edit the color of your nation in landed_titles, I believe? It uses R G B, where each of those is a value between 0-255, if I recall. I only fool around in there from time to time, so someone else will probably have a better answer.

Renaissance

In the defines.lua, there exists the following tantalising snippet:
END_REN_CLOSE = 5.0, -- Tech level at the center of the renaissance
END_REN_FAR = 4.5, -- Tech level on the fringe of the renaissance
REN_PROVINCE = 320, -- Province where the renaissance is centered

I have two questions:

1) Is there a renaissance event or whatever?

2) Why should the Renaissance be centered on Cremona?

I thought that, when a certain area exceeds the rest of the world by a certain gap, a 'renaissance' is triggered that spreads tech more quickly from that county capitol. As for your second question... Everyone loves violins? I have no clue.

Thanks.... I'll post in the mods forum too and see if people there have any ideas too.

ok, 'nother question...
so, i've modded in the empire of spain. Got creation and creation and all that working... only problem is, now england, for some reason, has an entirely new (and damn ugly) CoA. And i have no idea why. I never set a CoA for empire of spain, i couldn't find how to, so if anyone could tell me why england and a few others too i think are messed up and where i change custom countries CoA, that'd be great:D

just pushing up my question a bit=)