• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there any way to ask my liege to give me a position in his council or I must wait for is whims? I want to know if there is any point for the council positions ambition.

Yeah, there's something I've been wondering and I don't know where to check. I know de jure drift takes 100 years, but what about countries that start off already in a De Facto kingdom like the Aquitaine provinces, or Burgundian and Italian ones? Do they start the counter at 0 when you begin in 1066 or do they already have some time counted already?

Unfortunately, yes :(

Yes, that's normal. There are many gamey mechanics in this game that are intended to slow down expansion. For instance, it wouldn't matter that you couldn't push a de jure ducal claim *if* you could push multiple de jure county claims simultaneously. You can't do that because they wanted to slow expansion. I mean, with Ferrara and Verona, at one county per decade, I don't remember how many counties those duchies have but I'm fairly sure that you'll have them wiped out within 50 years, eh? If you were them, I'm sure you'd feel like 50 years of existence was going by waaayyyy too fast.

Thanks to both, I'll do it the "slow" way then. Ferraran counties(well, towns and bisphorics, really) are down, the only problem is I can't easily usurp the Duchy now, since it's in the hands of the HRE who's still my overpowered liege :p
There isn't any way of telling your chancellor *which* title should he try to forge claims on, right? Because it would be quite useful right now :D

I play as Denmark around 1200-1250. Horde arrived, I got 5000 gold and 120 000 soldiers. What the hell?!

That sounds like a bug. There are a series of events that fire for the hordes to give them fresh armies (you can even fire them from the console), I guess one or six fired for you. Pretty sure they come in 20K packs.

I see from the pic you don't have 5000 gold yet. If the money shows up in your treasury after you close the screen, yes it's likely a bug. Only a mongol state should get the troops and cash.

It's no "plague" like pestilence, it's the "plague" of Mongols, Dschingis Khan and so on, coming from the east.

Yes, I know, genius, I know my native language.
I see from the pic you don't have 5000 gold yet. If the money shows up in your treasury after you close the screen, yes it's likely a bug. Only a mongol state should get the troops and cash.

Yes, there is after closing the window. Well, I judged on the thrones of Norway and Sweden my own kings, conquer the duchy of Aragon, I will not cry and finish the game. I'll try to edit the game files, gold should be specified, and disband armies ;)

Are there unifactions for countries, specifically Poland. I started out as a duke but I just need to take two more provinces which I have claims then I will have kingdom at its knees. Therefore I would like to know if there is someplace specific to expand.

Are there unifactions for countries, specifically Poland. I started out as a duke but I just need to take two more provinces which I have claims then I will have kingdom at its knees. Therefore I would like to know if there is someplace specific to expand.
What do you mean? Are you planning to usurp the throne of Poland or do you mean to create a republican country?

Besides becoming king of Poland, not at this time. 1.06 will include Empires, but you could always try to conquer the HRE and become Emperor. De Jure drift by provinces and duchies into Poland, and Poland drifting into the HRE are also things you can do.

succession primogeniture bug?

following constellation:

my ruler, duke of bavaria, married with duchess of ascalon.
both duchies have agnatic-cognatic primogeniture.

firstborn: daughter - heir to the duchy of ascalon
secondborn: son - heir to duchy of bavaria

is this a bug? how is it that my daughter is heir to ascalon, although my wife and I have a son?
my son isnt even second in the succession of ascalon.