• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So i accidentally hit the red x button one of those top symbols that informs you of different things instead of the green check mark and now it has been disabled, how do i get it back?

I am the King of Ireland, should I try getting as much land to myself or give it to vassals and sons? I set that my oldest child inherits all titles and I had a very messy succession war when I gave land to all my sons.

So i accidentally hit the red x button one of those top symbols that informs you of different things instead of the green check mark and now it has been disabled, how do i get it back?

This question's been asked many times... it should be in the FAQ!

Open up the side pane that shows armies and buildings and sieges. You can select what appears in this window; choose disabled alerts. You can re-enable them there.

i'm roleplaying as a breton king of ireland (mother was irish queen, father was breton prince, son fought war to gain the substantial kingdom of brittany). i think it'd be a fun turn of events of this king saw fit to move from his mother's ancestral capital at Dromahair, in ireland, to his father's in brittany. unfortunately, the baron of my king's ancestral home is also the duke of the newly conquered brittany. to move my capital, i need to control that barony, correct?

to move my capital, i need to control that barony, correct?
Correct. Revoke it -- the best way to do this is to have a claim on the province yourself, which you can fabricate with your chancellor.

Once you control the province directly you can move your capital there.

I am the King of Ireland, should I try getting as much land to myself or give it to vassals and sons? I set that my oldest child inherits all titles and I had a very messy succession war when I gave land to all my sons.

Don't go over your demesne limit if you don't want to have negative modifiers in the relations. Therefore, you will always have to be granting landed titles to others. Depending on preferences and situations, it will be more or less advisable to give those lands to already existing vassals, to other people of your realm with no previous lands but that would be good vassals for you... or kinsmen. I tend to forbid to give important lands to my close family because they will always have claims over my kingdoms, so they are troublesome many times :)

So heres the situation. My character has a claim on the Kingdom of Aragon through his mother who was a daughter and grandaughter of the Jimena Kings of Aragon. Problem is...there is no Kingdom of Aragon. Somewhere after 1113 they dissapeared. Their de Jure land is now under the hugely developed Leon and the Duchy of Barcelona is possesion of the HRE. The only Jimena pretenders are the daughter and the sister of the last King of Aragon, King Andres I. The daughter of Andres I is the Countess of Alto Aragon.
So...what should I do? To whom do I make this claim....?

Can you choose to which army do you want to attach yours when there are a handful of allied armies stacked on a county?

I reckon that since 1.05g you can no longer attach your armies to the one of a noble with a lower rank that yours. Not long ago I was playing as a duke and called to arms an allied king to a war I started. Soon after that that king led his personal levies into an enemy county along with some of his count vassals. The thing is that when my duke joined the siege the attach button appeared greyed out and when hovering the mouse over it it said that I couldn't attach my army to *random minor count* because his rank was too low, even though the king was there. :mad: Any ideas?

So heres the situation. My character has a claim on the Kingdom of Aragon through his mother who was a daughter and grandaughter of the Jimena Kings of Aragon. Problem is...there is no Kingdom of Aragon. Somewhere after 1113 they dissapeared. Their de Jure land is now under the hugely developed Leon and the Duchy of Barcelona is possesion of the HRE. The only Jimena pretenders are the daughter and the sister of the last King of Aragon, King Andres I. The daughter of Andres I is the Countess of Alto Aragon.
So...what should I do? To whom do I make this claim....?

Hi Draco! Welcome to the forums. Remember to register your game here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/mygames.php

As for your question, if nobody owns the title of the kingdom of Aragón, you will not be able to press the claim, since you will have nobody to declare war for it :closedeyes:. So the only option would be to wait for the kingdom to be created (not very likely I guess) or look for a claim on the duchy of Aragón or its counties (fabricating claims, looking for claimants, etc).

Can you choose to which army do you want to attach yours when there are a handful of allied armies stacked on a county?

I think you aren't given any option about this, apart from the button to attach the army :sad:

I've just bought CK2 a couple of days ago and first i just played around to see how things work .. I think i'm slowly getting a little used to things and so i started up a game in Ireland last night i put in around 8 hours game time and when i've just come to load my game it appears it is gone from the saves. Any idea why? Or where it would go? (Tried a search for the file and no luck) I there only a set number of save files the game allows because i did use one of my test saves this morning and thats the only saves showing up.

do you mean the autosaves? if its a normal save, matbe youa ccidently deleted it. if not, try to look in my documents, go to paradox interactive, crusader kings 2, savegame adn look if you can find it there. or maybe its in a new map in savegames.

do you mean the autosaves? if its a normal save, matbe youa ccidently deleted it. if not, try to look in my documents, go to paradox interactive, crusader kings 2, savegame adn look if you can find it there. or maybe its in a new map in savegames.

Yeah should of been a normal save just named it Ireland1 but nothing called that on my PC now ... I wonder if somehow i went over it. Not too sure how though. Just had abit of a play around saving to see if it was anything i'd done/could re-create but seems saving works fine ... Oh well i guess i'll try again. Thanks anyway. I'm guessing it just saves 4 autosaves though right!?

How do you legitimatize a bastard?

It's one of the three options given at his birth event. After that event, if he isn't legitimised, he stays that way.
Oh. My illegitimate bastard is Court Chaplain for the Pope. Crossing my fingers he'll ascend to the Papacy.

Yeah should of been a normal save just named it Ireland1 but nothing called that on my PC now ... I wonder if somehow i went over it. Not too sure how though. Just had abit of a play around saving to see if it was anything i'd done/could re-create but seems saving works fine ... Oh well i guess i'll try again. Thanks anyway. I'm guessing it just saves 4 autosaves though right!?

Welcome to the forums, Jingo!

Notice that you have the possibility to delete savegames directly inside the game. When you are in the Load screen, you may pick on a corner with a red cross in the square of any save game and, if you click on it, that file will be removed from your PC. Other than that, I'm afraid I've never heard about people complaining because of lost savegames in CK2, sorry :(

If you are completelly sure that you could not have had the save game deleted at all, be it from inside the game, removing it manually from that folder or by uninstalling the game (not sure if this would even delete the savegames without asking you first), then I would ask in the bug report subforum.

Welcome to the forums, Jingo!

Notice that you have the possibility to delete savegames directly inside the game. When you are in the Load screen, you may pick on a corner with a red cross in the square of any save game and, if you click on it, that file will be removed from your PC. Other than that, I'm afraid I've never heard about people complaining because of lost savegames in CK2, sorry :(

If you are completelly sure that you could not have had the save game deleted at all, be it from inside the game, removing it manually from that folder or by uninstalling the game (not sure if this would even delete the savegames without asking you first), then I would ask in the bug report subforum.

Thanks alot, and thanks for the welcome. I'm going to assume i did delete it somehow i was playing until 5.45am this morning so i'm pretty sure i was very tired by then. Started up another game in Ireland anyway it's an interesting place to start ... Lets see if i can become King of Ireland again. I've got my eyes on Isle of Man as well ...