• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
somebody know if have how i help a war of other lords ?, and make alliances without marriage ?

You can not make an alliance without either a marriage or just being related.

As for helping other lords I believe they have to be independent for you to help them. Just go to the diplomacy and see if "offer to join war" is available.

Curious, how can I play with Holy Orders (I mean I know how to use them, but what about advanced stuff)? How can I get one for myself? I heard something about giving them land, but if I do they would still be separate.
Thanks! :)

My wife is queen of Croatia, and I want it passed to our son, but a duke of hers plotted for seniority succession and is winning his war. I have no option to offer to join the war. I successfully plotted the duke's death, but his son and co-conspirator count are still carrying on the war. Is there any way I can help maintain the status quo?

I want to fabricate a claim of a duchy (remarking: not a county, but a duchy) but I don't know in which province to place my Chancellor to fabricate that claim because the duke lives in another province that does not belong to the duchy itself.

Does somebody know if placing him in any of the provinces that belong to the duchy would make it possible to fabricate the claim on the duchy, or should I send him to fabricate the claim where the duke is located even if it is outside the territory of the duchy that I'm looking for?

Since this wasn't answered specifically - I believe the answer is no, placing the chancellor on his main province gives you a chance at the county and any duchies, and placing the chancellor on another county gives you a shot at the county. I am speaking just from personal experience though, I believe if you want the duchy specifically you have to sit on his main province and hope that it fires for that one and not any others or the county itself. It may be possible to get a claim on the appropriate duchy for a county outside of his main province but I've never seen that happen.

I am trying to make Andalusia formable for everyone. I tried removing the culture group necessity but failed hard, all muslims in spain just dissapeared, like everyone in north Africa for some strange reason. I also tried to change "arabic" to "any" but I simply can't form Andalusia anyway, without telling me why.

Can someone show me how it should look?
Modding questions should go into the appropriate quick questions thread in the mod-subforum.
Still, to answer the question you deleted (or added) a bracket you shouldn't have, making all further parts of the title-file invalid. Double check that each opening bracket has one (and only one) closing bracket.

How do I give titles to my friends without them being totally independent. i want them to remain my loyal, humble vassals, how do I do this? I have tried with various reloads, but they always become totally inpedendent ?!?

You need to give them titles that are below your main title in rank. A duke can't have dukes as vassals, so if you give away a title of the same rank, the recipient goes independent.

Modding questions should go into the appropriate quick questions thread in the mod-subforum.
Still, to answer the question you deleted (or added) a bracket you shouldn't have, making all further parts of the title-file invalid. Double check that each opening bracket has one (and only one) closing bracket.

Sorry, will do that next time.
Thanks.

Additional question: is there any good way to make my character less stressed?

Sorry, will do that next time.
Thanks.

I don't think you can influence it in any way ;)

Avoid everything stressful. Don't be married to someone in another court. Don't take a council position for your liege. Don't go over your demesne limit. Don't be dilligent. Become slothful.
And above all, get lucky. Stressed is a random trait, so you can get stressed even in good situations, if you're unlucky.
As long as you're not slothful, that makes you totally immune, IIRC.

This is odd, I only receive it when I am truly hated by someone (ex. when my vassals revolt against me). In other cases I always receive blessings upon my house or else like that.
Really only muslims say that to me, and i havent been especially kind to them in my playthrough. (Well i did release all muslim prisoners after each war, but i do that with all prisoners.)
Ive pretty much conquered the muslim world. just a little patch of seljuk turks in the far-far-east, decided to conquer them because they are in a stupid civil war for ~10 years or so now, going to do them a favor by conquering them. :p

what exactly does "wrong type of holding" mean? in my ireland game, the duchy of munster is a republic for some reason (it may have started the game that way, but i don't think so) and the doge rebels fairly often no matter who i install after. after each war, i take over and get a wrong type of holding message, which i guess i receive because i'm a king holding a republic, but how do i revert munster back to a normal duchy? and how bad is it to have a wrong kind of holding in my demense?

what exactly does "wrong type of holding" mean? in my ireland game, the duchy of munster is a republic for some reason (it may have started the game that way, but i don't think so) and the doge rebels fairly often no matter who i install after. after each war, i take over and get a wrong type of holding message, which i guess i receive because i'm a king holding a republic, but how do i revert munster back to a normal duchy? and how bad is it to have a wrong kind of holding in my demense?

Maybe you are ruling a holding that is not from your type: Most probably, you will be a noble man, so you should only own castles, so each temple or city that you own will give you that penalty... and the taxes that you get from an incorrect holding are drastically cut off. Remember that, if you are count of a certain county, you actually own the "main" holding of that province (the one displayed in the top).

Hover your mouse over the opinion numbers of any character in his sheet to see what are the negative modifiers on his opinion towards you.

I don't know about republics in-game. Is it just that the duchy has elective succession laws? I think that the doge is a duke that has the type of a city mayor.

A doge is a duke with a city as his primary holding. One of the counties in Ireland does start as a grand city. What you can do to revert it to a feudal duchy is:

A: Revoke the title of the county's baron, if there is one. You will incur a -20 revoked title malus to the opinion of all your vassals, but the capital will shift to the barony, and you can give away the city. You will then personally hold the county as a regular feudal one, and can give it away if you'd like.
B: Construct a new castle holding. This will make you baron of said holding, which will become capital, and everything else is the same as option A. Note that constructing new holdings is HIGHLY expensive.
C: Give the county title to the local baron. He will become count, and the barony will become his capital. He will also hold the city, but will likely give it away.

Option C is the best, in my opinion. Hope this helps!

Is it a bad idea to grant landed holdings to dynasty members? I've read this before, but I'm not sure. Is there some modifier that makes characters of your dynasty, that have land, more likely to assassinate/revolt?

Seeing you guys arguing about the wrong type of holding, i've thought of something and i'd like to hear what you think.

Despite the negative bonus of a nobleman holding a city, i always keep two or three with me (two, most of the time). They give me an awesome income of gold. I'm the only one ?

Seeing you guys arguing about the wrong type of holding, i've thought of something and i'd like to hear what you think.

Despite the negative bonus of a nobleman holding a city, i always keep two or three with me (two, most of the time). They give me an awesome income of gold. I'm the only one ?
I usually keep a bishopric or two, just to stick crappy male children in to remove them from the succession line.

My question:

About taxes - If I give a county to someone making them a count, do they get the income from the city and bishopric within? And if they do, is that tax added to their total income, and then my cut taken based on my feudal tax %? Or do they remain separate and I get taxes from the city and bishopric? Because right now, it says I make like 20 gold from a city and bishopric, but if I make a count for the county, he only pays me like 10 gold.

Maybe when small, holding cities is awesome. The bigger I get, I spread my realm out to only hold county capitals with multiple cities under each holding under harsh city tax laws. It's much too tedious in my eyes to convert two or three cities into province capitals just for the extra gold, awesome as it may be from a per province perspective. I just take whatever county holding is already the capital (90%+ of the time a castle). It's more a gameplay thing.

edit - Plus, it's less awesome if a city is not coastal, so it's sort of location specific.

Is it a bad idea to grant landed holdings to dynasty members? I've read this before, but I'm not sure. Is there some modifier that makes characters of your dynasty, that have land, more likely to assassinate/revolt?

In my humble opinion, it is a good idea as long as their skills and traits are ok, they are not ambitious, etc and they are your kinsmen, but not close family because, in that case, most of the times they will have claims on your kingdom(s), etc. that will lower their relations too much.

It is possible to create kingdom titles, but can I somehow remove/destroy a kingdom title? I don't want to be a double monarch.

I read some time ago that there is no option to remove a kingdom title officially, but there was a gamey way to make that title disappear... Don't remember how, sorry. I would also prefer to have only one kingdom keeping all the land, BTW :D