• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If I marry my heir to a princess of a kingdom that has agnatic succession law, could I press the claim to take the throne for her? I am agnatic-cognatic, BTW.

Off topic: "Your low character is the subject of greek plays". I cant wrap my heads around this one, is this a compliment or a insult?

Off topic: "Your low character is the subject of greek plays". I cant wrap my heads around this one, is this a compliment or a insult?

Surely an insult, Greek plays often depict characters with really low morality ;)

Yeah, but it seems more like a common greeting phrase in CK2 wont matter how much your loved they all say that, but thanks

Yeah, but it seems more like a common greeting phrase in CK2 wont matter how much your loved they all say that, but thanks

This is odd, I only receive it when I am truly hated by someone (ex. when my vassals revolt against me). In other cases I always receive blessings upon my house or else like that.

Where is Andalusia in the files? I'm looking to change it so that non-arabs can form it, but I can't find the file.

common\landed_titles.txt - look for k_andalusia.

I want to fabricate a claim of a duchy (remarking: not a county, but a duchy) but I don't know in which province to place my Chancellor to fabricate that claim because the duke lives in another province that does not belong to the duchy itself.

Does somebody know if placing him in any of the provinces that belong to the duchy would make it possible to fabricate the claim on the duchy, or should I send him to fabricate the claim where the duke is located even if it is outside the territory of the duchy that I'm looking for?

Probably a common question but :

Is it possible to fabricate claim of a whole Duchy ?
If yes, is the mechanic the same as fabricate claim for a single county ?
It seems stupid to fight a long attrition battle with a major power for a single county. I want the payoff to be worth the cost.

Edit:
Got ninja-ed.

Last edited:
If your Chancellor has DIP 15 or higher, yes. (The tooltip for the advisor action even tells you it's possible, though it doesn't tell you the cutoff point.)

Probably a common question but :

It is an option on a single county so I don't think you can fabricate claim on a whole Duchy.

I just started playing CK2 (Mac user). One question I was going to ask was about fabricating a claim on a Duchy title, but this was just asked & answered (thanks!). Still, a couple of questions:

1. I started as a 1-county count, but now I have 3 counties, so I switched to elective, so as not to break up the counties when I die. Then, my heir (eldest son) was clamoring for land, so I gave him a barony (castle) in 1 of my counties. My plan is when he inherits, he can grant that barony to his heir, and so on. Is this a wise course of action? I'd try to marry any heirs first, before giving them land in the future.

2. I fought my liege (Duchess of Provence) for her last demesne county, and won. Now I'm a direct vassal of HRE, and she took a count-level title from one of her other vassals. So, she has 1 demesne county, and 1 prince-bishop county as vassal. I own all counties of Duchy of Provence. I want her duchy title, but can't usurp (same realm). I think I have 3 options to get it:
  1. Fabricate claim to her duke title (with Chancellor with DIP 15 or higher) and win it in war.
  2. Slowly deprive her of all land (demesne, then vassals), so she ceases ability to hold duchy title, and then I can create it myself.
  3. Wait for us to not be same realm, then usurp, then win it in war.
Is this right? Are these my 3 options to get her Duchy title?
Thanks to any and all for help.

I just started playing CK2 (Mac user). One question I was going to ask was about fabricating a claim on a Duchy title, but this was just asked & answered (thanks!). Still, a couple of questions:

Welcome to the community :)

1. I started as a 1-county count, but now I have 3 counties, so I switched to elective, so as not to break up the counties when I die. Then, my heir (eldest son) was clamoring for land, so I gave him a barony (castle) in 1 of my counties. My plan is when he inherits, he can grant that barony to his heir, and so on. Is this a wise course of action? I'd try to marry any heirs first, before giving them land in the future.

This is probably one of the most debated questions out there.

On the one hand, giving him land means that he'll gain prestige for whatever land he holds while you're still ruling. It also gets rid of the unlanded sons prestige penalty, although I find that minor anyhow. There are downsides, though: you won't have any control over his marriage(s) while he's not in your court. Now, if you do marry him off before letting him rule, that can work... however, if his wife gets stressed and catches pneumonia, he'll pick his own replacement. Generally, not well. There's also the issue of him getting ruler events, which can add undesirable traits or remove desirable ones. A lot of people exaggerate the extent to which this happens, but it's still a nuisance when your perfectly groomed heir just up and decides to be slothful.

There's also the matter of his children. As long as your son is still your vassal (i.e. you give him a title in your realm, rather than pressing his claim elsewhere) you can still educate his children, but it is dependent on his opinion of you, and you won't get the "child in need of education" notification when they turn 6, either. You'll have to keep an eye out for their birthdays on your own.

In the end, it's a matter of preference. I'd rather keep them in my court myself, where they're less likely to do something stupid, but I'm sure others would argue otherwise.

2. I fought my liege (Duchess of Provence) for her last demesne county, and won. Now I'm a direct vassal of HRE, and she took a count-level title from one of her other vassals. So, she has 1 demesne county, and 1 prince-bishop county as vassal. I own all counties of Duchy of Provence. I want her duchy title, but can't usurp (same realm). I think I have 3 options to get it:
  1. Fabricate claim to her duke title (with Chancellor with DIP 15 or higher) and win it in war.
  2. Slowly deprive her of all land (demesne, then vassals), so she ceases ability to hold duchy title, and then I can create it myself.
  3. Wait for us to not be same realm, then usurp, then win it in war.
Is this right? Are these my 3 options to get her Duchy title?
Thanks to any and all for help.

Yep. That's right.

I am trying to make Andalusia formable for everyone. I tried removing the culture group necessity but failed hard, all muslims in spain just dissapeared, like everyone in north Africa for some strange reason. I also tried to change "arabic" to "any" but I simply can't form Andalusia anyway, without telling me why.

Can someone show me how it should look?

Great SaintEsteban! Thanks for the pros/cons of landing heirs, as well as confirming my options in my second question.
I generally dislike joining any sort of online community, but so far, this one seems pretty darn helpful.

Great SaintEsteban! Thanks for the pros/cons of landing heirs, as well as confirming my options in my second question.
I generally dislike joining any sort of online community, but so far, this one seems pretty darn helpful.

I'm completely the same way. I never intended to stay, just ask a few questions and be on my way, but now I can't stay away!

Glad I helped!