• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I disabled a notification type. How do I get those notifications back?

If you're talkin about regular messages in low/high priority tab, just go to Main Menu - settings.

But if you're talking about the top notifiers then it's at the bottom of settings.txt as disabled_alerts (I'm not sure if it exists in message settings too but I couldn't find the one I disabled accidentally).

Are there any known issues with usurping duchy titles in 1.05f?
In my current game as the king of France I cannot usurp Brittany despite holding 4/6 counties.
I've also been unable to usurp the duchy of Barcelona, even though I hold the entire duchy and am King of Aragon.

The current holders are at peace, all conditions seem to have been met.

In my current game as the king of France I cannot usurp Brittany despite holding 4/6 counties.
I've also been unable to usurp the duchy of Barcelona, even though I hold the entire duchy and am King of Aragon.

Is France or Brittany stuck at autonomous vassals, the lowest crown authority by chance?

Hi.
I don't know if this is the right forum to ask the following question:
As a duke in the HRE I sent some levies to participate in a Crusade. After the Crusade was over, my levies disappeared from the map, but I still have the message telling me that my levies have been recruited for such a long time that my relations with my vassals are lower and lower. What's the problem? and How can I solve it?
Thanks in advance.

Hi.
I don't know if this is the right forum to ask the following question:
As a duke in the HRE I sent some levies to participate in a Crusade. After the Crusade was over, my levies disappeared from the map, but I still have the message telling me that my levies have been recruited for such a long time that my relations with my vassals are lower and lower. What's the problem? and How can I solve it?
Thanks in advance.

You are at the right forum. :)

It's normal. Take a bit of time till your vassals lose the "raised levies too long" trait. It's gradual.

I might be wrong, but i think you can only usurp if the country to be usurped is at war.. I just GUESS.

Quick question: I've heard rumors of a Muslim themed DLC...my question is that might it implement Sengoku's 4 wife/concubine allowance for male characters since a man was allowed to marry up to four wives in Islam? This I think could also apply to pagans and some special Christians (like Charlemagne with his several concubines), with very special dispensation of course (only the pope's favorites perhaps).

is it possible to set the relation betwen 2 characters from the beggining?(ex Richard with -100 relation with Charles)
Relations between characters cannot be directly set. You can achieve mutual utterly-terrible relations by creating a Rivalry between them, which applies a -200 penalty.

Inheritance question
I'm a king
I have a son (who is also a vassal of mine, a count) who is married (regular marriage) to a lady who suddenly inherited a large duchy that her father detached from the parent kingdom (not mine). So the wife is now a ruler (duchess) of an independent realm.
Their son is heir to both the county X (my son's county) and to the duchy of A (the wife's realm). And I keep getting the warnings of "problematic succession".
How can I manipulate the situation so that my son's county will remain in my realm, and (if possible) bring that large independent duchy into my realm as well, through inheritance?

I've seen (somewhere in this thread) somewhat similar case, where things didn't go right, and one "fix" suggested there was to make the person in the line of inheritance (i.e. in this case my grandson) a direct vassal before he inherits the independent realm. Would this work? Would a simple count suffice or would he need to be a duke, considering that the other realm is a duchy (actually two duchies but the other seems to be the "main" duchy)?

Any thoughts? I really would loathe to lose a county smack in the middle of my realm, and I can't rely on sheer force since the independent realm is relatively well-to-do, has quite a bit manpower, and could probably fight me to a standstill.

Dumb question - I'm still learning, but it's frustrating the hell out of me...

I'm at war with a country across the sea. When I raise all my boats - the total comes to 30. But when I hire a mercenary army - with 1,500 men it tells me "no navy present large enough...". So I can't split up the 1,500 men and I can't get more boats.?.

Is there something I should be doing so my counties will make boats large enough (or more boats or whatever it is that's wrong) to accommodate a 1,500 army?

And why isn't there a mercenary group that comes with a boat? There's an icon for a boat, but none of the mercenaries listed for me have any, even though most of the counties around me are coastal.?.

Please help. My game is essentially stopped until I can figure out why my boats don't hold more than 900 or so people at a time.?. All my armies are bigger than that! What is going on?

Last edited:
I'm at war with a country across the sea. When I raise all my boats - the total comes to 30. But when I hire a mercenary army - with 1,500 men it tells me "no navy present large enough...". So I can't split up the 1,500 men and I can't get more boats.?.
Drag a selection box around the fleets in harbour, then use the merge button on the unit window to combine them into one big fleet.

And why isn't there a mercenary group that comes with a boat? There's an icon for a boat, but none of the mercenaries listed for me have any, even though most of the counties around me are coastal.?.
There are mercenary groups composed of boats. (They cost 90g to hire... and 100g/month to maintain.)

Out of interest, who are you playing as?

one question, one request:

i keep sending my court chaplain around to beef up my relations with the local bishops, and sometimes that works but more often he just poisons the bishop's opinions on the pope. i don't think this is a bad thing, but what good does it do me?

and can someone just give me a brief description of how technology works? i have much of this game pretty well understood, but tech development seems fairly arbitrary to me still. or, barring that, at least tell me what provinces i should stick my councilors in for research?