• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is the spy mission "Study Technology" broken? I get the event that i have suceeded, however it doesnt progress my actual research.
It's not broken and it does add research. The thing to keep in mind, though, is that there are 50 techlevels, but only 5 of them give direct benefits. The other inbetweeners are just there to make tech progress more gradual.
Tech progress gives you one of those parts, not a whole advancement, or in other words, 0.1 techlevels each.

As king of Navarra I got an invitaiton from the queen of Castillia to marry me matrilineally (we share both house Jimena). we had a son, which inherited Navarra, Castillia, Leon and Galicia. His primary title is still Navarra, but his daughter (after his death) becomes queen of Castillia.

Two questions:

- how do I change back to kingdom of Navarra as my primary title, seems the AI can do that ...
- how to prevent this, Navarra has elective and I choose her as my heir for Navarra's crown?

perhaps a bug ? or not ?

Go to a county in Navarra. Click on it, and look on the left side of the window, it will say that it belongs, de jure, to the kingdom of Navarra. Click the Navarra shield, across the top beside create/usurp is the "make primary" option.

I disabled a notification type. How do I get those notifications back?

Open the little window on the side that shows your armies, fleets and holdings. There is an option in that slideout window to manage hidden notifications.

Is there a CKII Post your Empires thread? I always love those threads but I can't find one for quite a few pages.

There is but I can't find it either!

If you are a King with more than one title, give the Duke a Kingdom and usurp it right back. Voila, independent Duke.

Only his Duchy and demesne go with the kingdom, and assuming at least half the provinces remain with you, it's just a loss of cash.

If you are a King with more than one title, give the Duke a Kingdom and usurp it right back. Voila, independent Duke.

Only his Duchy and demesne go with the kingdom, and assuming at least half the provinces remain with you, it's just a loss of cash.

Ah, very nice. That's essentially the workaround I was looking for. There's two issues, though. I suppose I should give some backstory...

I started as the Duke of Flanders and was a good little vassal until Crusading started. Then I snagged me some Kingdom of Jerusalem and POW... Independent. Well, after holy-warring and crusading some more, I decided for RP reason that my King would divy up his kingdom to his sons. This means the Duchy of Flanders and Duchy of Brabant back home would go to the second son. This was where the method Stolen Rutters suggested comes in. It works well enough to give him Flanders, but I can't give him control of the Duchy of Brabant, because it's a vassal of mine, and you can't transfer Dukes to other Dukes. I suppose I could revoke that Duke title and then give it to my son, but I'm not wild about the opinion penalty.

The second issue is a relatively minor one. Apparently once you hand out a title, you have to wait 5 years to usurp it back. :p That's five years of looking at the Kingdom of Africa in Northern France... ;)

Thanks for the help, though. That tip largely settled my problem!

Ah, very nice. That's essentially the workaround I was looking for. There's two issues, though. I suppose I should give some backstory...

I started as the Duke of Flanders and was a good little vassal until Crusading started. Then I snagged me some Kingdom of Jerusalem and POW... Independent. Well, after holy-warring and crusading some more, I decided for RP reason that my King would divy up his kingdom to his sons. This means the Duchy of Flanders and Duchy of Brabant back home would go to the second son. This was where the method Stolen Rutters suggested comes in. It works well enough to give him Flanders, but I can't give him control of the Duchy of Brabant, because it's a vassal of mine, and you can't transfer Dukes to other Dukes. I suppose I could revoke that Duke title and then give it to my son, but I'm not wild about the opinion penalty.

The second issue is a relatively minor one. Apparently once you hand out a title, you have to wait 5 years to usurp it back. :p That's five years of looking at the Kingdom of Africa in Northern France... ;)

Thanks for the help, though. That tip largely settled my problem!

That trick is a valid option, but when you do usurp the title back, Brabant will split and no longer be your son's fief.

If I usurp a second kingdom title once I've eaten half of that kingdom, will the part that I hold still continue to switch du jure to my primary title?

If I give the Hospitallers Malta, will their mercenary troops for any reason ever spawn on the island, making them useless save for defense of the island?

If I give the Hospitallers Malta, will their mercenary troops for any reason ever spawn on the island, making them useless save for defense of the island?

They should still spawn at your capital.

How do I change what county is my Capital?

also how do I change the main type on a county (like from city to castle)

Changing capital is simple, there is a small crow like button near the province name, click it and your capital will move.

As for changing the capital of a county, you have to give the baron lvl ruler control of the county. So if there is a county ruler by count x and you want the capital to by a city you need to revoke the county from count x and give the county to Mayor Y.

Now the counties capital will be the city owned by Mayor Y.

If I usurp a second kingdom title once I've eaten half of that kingdom, will the part that I hold still continue to switch du jure to my primary title?

The true answer is maybe, the safe assumption is no. It depends, as far as I can discern from people discussing it, on who the ducal title belongs to that the counties are vassals of. So there is a way to keep the switch in progress, but it involves being sure who the Liege of the County owner is. I don't know enough to give a better explanation. Which is why I treat the answer as "no" and keep just one king title if I am playing to grow a dejure Kingdom (in my current game, I should paint Ireland over all the British Isles).