• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Question on bishops

I have Free investiture, and my Bishops (apart from one) are quite happy with me (99 to 100).
However, there is a really weird issue with two of them (bishops of Skara and Linköping). When I go to the investiture window, these two
- have a purple bishop's crown displayed where normally the golden bishop's crown (denoting loyalty to pope) would show. Additionally the box where the opinion figure to the pope would be is empty (there is no number there).
- won't keep the appointed successor, no matter what I do. The successor stays there for the game session, but when I quit and come back later, the successor has disappeared and has to be re-appointed

In addition, when I go to the vassal listing, these two
- again show a purple (antipope-like) crown on the loyalty line, with a loyalty figure of -30, shown in WHITE color (i.e not green or red). In addition of having opinion figure of 100 for me (shown in green)
- have a tax value of -30, shown in black
- display a text "Loyal to <insert their own name here>" (e.g. Thomas Johansson, bishop of Skara has "Loyal to Bishop Thomas Johansson") when I mouseover the purple crown

It's almost as if they suddenly decided to become totally independent antipopes on their own (as far as I know there is no antipope around and neither of them is a heretic), being only loyal to themselves EVEN though their opinion is 100% on my side.
What's going on here??

EDIT: Even odder, I released one prisoner (and a pagan of all things!) from my jail and lo and behold, both of them suddenly swapped their loyalty to me and started paying taxes. Haven't checked if the appointed successor stays there, but the purple bishop's crown is all gone now..
weird..

Last edited:
Question on bishops

I have Free investiture, and my Bishops (apart from one) are quite happy with me (99 to 100).
However, there is a really weird issue with two of them (bishops of Skara and Linköping). When I go to the investiture window, these two
- have a purple bishop's crown displayed where normally the golden bishop's crown (denoting loyalty to pope) would show. Additionally the box where the opinion figure to the pope would be is empty (there is no number there).
- won't keep the appointed successor, no matter what I do. The successor stays there for the game session, but when I quit and come back later, the successor has disappeared and has to be re-appointed

In addition, when I go to the vassal listing, these two
- again show a purple (antipope-like) crown on the loyalty line, with a loyalty figure of -30, shown in WHITE color (i.e not green or red). In addition of having opinion figure of 100 for me (shown in green)
- have a tax value of -30, shown in black
- display a text "Loyal to <insert their own name here>" (e.g. Thomas Johansson, bishop of Skara has "Loyal to Bishop Thomas Johansson") when I mouseover the purple crown

It's almost as if they suddenly decided to become totally independent antipopes on their own (as far as I know there is no antipope around and neither of them is a heretic), being only loyal to themselves EVEN though their opinion is 100% on my side.
What's going on here??

EDIT: Even odder, I released one prisoner (and a pagan of all things!) from my jail and lo and behold, both of them suddenly swapped their loyalty to me and started paying taxes. Haven't checked if the appointed successor stays there, but the purple bishop's crown is all gone now..
weird..

The situation you are describing happens when you change the head of the state. I have this situation when my king dies and is replaced by his son. It's like reset of the whole game because also you can see that your income is 0 until few days later the game starts to calculate the income depending the relations and the rest things that are influenced by by replacing a leader

The situation you are describing happens when you change the head of the state.

Can't be the reason in this case. I got the crown of Sweden some 10 years ago (elected after the previous king died while fighting Livonians and left me with the mess of internal fighting and outside war... ) and have held it since. This problem started only few years ago.

Alright where do i find my save games? And how do i modify characters within them? The game decided to give my now dead king and his wife (both Catalian) a German Cultured child.

Alright where do i find my save games?

C:/My Documents/Paradox Interactive

And how do i modify characters within them?

The characters' details are all fairly simple to understand - eg

Code:
culture = "dutch"

so you can change it to

Code:
culture = "turkish"

or whatever you like. You'll need to know your son's character ID to find him.

The game decided to give my now dead king and his wife (both Catalian) a German Cultured child.

You had him educated by a German. Next time, remember a child will often take on the religion or culture, or sometimes both, of their tutor.

You had him educated by a German. Next time, remember a child will often take on the religion or culture, or sometimes both, of their tutor.

I agree that this is most likely the case. Let me expand a bit.

For converting religion, a tutor will have a higher chance of switching your heir if they are zealous or diligent. Less for the opposite traits, slothful and cynical.

For converting culture, same song and dance but with diligent and gregarious. Less chance for, you guessed it, slothful and shy.

C:/My Documents/Paradox Interactive

The characters' details are all fairly simple to understand - eg

Code:
culture = "dutch"

so you can change it to

Code:
culture = "turkish"

or whatever you like. You'll need to know your son's character ID to find him.

HE WAS EDUCATED BY HIS GRANDFATHER WHO WAS CATALIAN! He was BORN German!

sorry the madness of it simply Confuses me :(

Well that does sound like a glitch now. Wait, actually, check the culture of the province he was born in. Did you move your capital to a German county?

Nope born in Barcelona. He wasn't as bad As my other kings sons who were all Greek cultured even though thier mother/s were Norweigian and danish! They were born in Norway lol

having your 6th and 7th child born a culture they were never part of is entertaining. But when it happened to my most recent king it confused me. so i had him educated by my Catalian grandfather in hopes of making him Catalian again. Nope.

Also how do i find my kids ID? lol

Last edited:
Generally, I find the easiest way to find relative's ID is to search for 'player=yes' and find your player's ID, then go from there via the 'father', 'mother' and 'spouse' numbers to search for the relevant IDs of your relatives.

So if it's your son you're looking for, search for player=yes, note the ID number. Then, search 'father=[player ID]', and it should pop up on each of your children. Find whichever one has culture = 'german' and fix it.

Generally, I find the easiest way to find relative's ID is to search for 'player=yes' and find your player's ID, then go from there via the 'father', 'mother' and 'spouse' numbers to search for the relevant IDs of your relatives.

So if it's your son you're looking for, search for player=yes, note the ID number. Then, search 'father=[player ID]', and it should pop up on each of your children. Find whichever one has culture = 'german' and fix it.

I see people saying the only way to find IDs is in saves everywhere but that's not true.

In console, type 'charinfo'.

Now when you see the tooltip on a portrait, at the bottom will be 'DEBUG INFO' which includes health, fertility, and most importantly in this case, character ID.

CAn someone tell me where exactly in the save file if tells you who owns what territory.

Are there any mods out there that allow for the creation of empires other than the HRE and the ERE?

What should I do with kingdoms as an emperor? Should I hand them out or keep them?

Well Technically you get more points if you keep them. However, handing them out greatly reduces the number of vassals you have to deal with.

Are there any mods out there that allow for the creation of empires other than the HRE and the ERE?

Yes.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...kingdoms-and-empires-more-ambitions-and-plots
or
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-(and-Empires)-Abound-Titular-Title-Generator

1) How do I take a screenshot? :eek:o

2) In my current game the previous pope sired an illegitimate daughter and died shortly after. She is now listed as an antipope and has an inheritable claim on the papacy. What are my options if she makes it to adulthood (currently age zero and in court at Rome, so she may not make it...)? Will getting her to my court make her my antipope? If I marry her to someone and they have children can the anti-papacy be inherited (or only a claim on the papal territories)? Am I right in thinking that there is no possible way for me to push her claim? Love to hear you tips for making use of the situation if she manages to come of age. :D

2) In my current game the previous pope sired an illegitimate daughter and died shortly after. She is now listed as an antipope and has an inheritable claim on the papacy. What are my options if she makes it to adulthood (currently age zero and in court at Rome, so she may not make it...)? Will getting her to my court make her my antipope? If I marry her to someone and they have children can the anti-papacy be inherited (or only a claim on the papal territories)? Am I right in thinking that there is no possible way for me to push her claim? Love to hear you tips for making use of the situation if she manages to come of age. :D

1) on your keyboard press PrtScr button (should be top one above arrow keys). Then go to Paint program (it is default for every PC that runs Windows), and ctrl+v (paste). That should post the screenshot. Then you can save it to wherever you want or other things.

2) Wow! That's a very interesting situation. I'd like to hear the answer myself.

1. F10 takes a screenshot of your current screen. F11 takes a screenshot of the entire map using your current mapmode. They are saved in your My Documents/Paradox/Crusader Kings 2/Screenshots folder.

2. I... have no clue either. Let me know!