• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How exactly are the "triggered only" names obtained? I imagine Hardrade is unique to Harald, and I know about the Conqueror and Holy, but the rest elude me.

That's a good question....

Judging by some searching I did.....

View attachment 54096

I'd say that it's impossible to get them. They appear to be only referenced in the history files.

Playing as the Kingdom of Sicily at the moment, and I just seized Napoli. What are the benefits to creating the Kingdom of Naples as well?

Playing as the Kingdom of Sicily at the moment, and I just seized Napoli. What are the benefits to creating the Kingdom of Naples as well?

Prestige. There are no downsides to creating a titular kingdom, if your current kingdoms succesion laws are where you want them.

In the "plot" tab

Thanks!

Prestige. There are no downsides to creating a titular kingdom, if your current kingdoms succesion laws are where you want them.

For me, that means a lot of headaches, so I try to avoid having many kingdoms because of that... Would it be possible to be proclaimed as emperor if not in HRE nor Byzantium? I don't think so, but who knows if I'm missing the option somewhere! :p

I am playing as Emperor of Byzantium and wish to grant independence to one of my vassal Kings/Despots. Is there a way to do this?

make him hate you and rebell against you, then surrender to his war of independence.

hello.

i own all of tripoli and im a count and recently fought into indepence from my liege and now im under the emperor. But My former liege is Duke of Tripoli, how can he be duke of something who owns absaloutly nothing in? is this bug or does he lose some time soon ?.

thanks

Everyone tell me about mods and etc, but where can i find them ?
If you register your game, you can see the User Modifications subforum, which contains information and discussions about mods and how to make mods.

I conquered Egypt during a crusade something like 100 years previous, and every other county aside from my demesne has converted to Catholicism despite having my (20+) Court Chaplain sitting in Alexandria doing his inquisition thing pretty much the whole time.

Why?

How do I fix this?

I conquered Egypt during a crusade something like 100 years previous, and every other county aside from my demesne has converted to Catholicism despite having my (20+) Court Chaplain sitting in Alexandria doing his inquisition thing pretty much the whole time.

Why?

How do I fix this?

There's an element of randomness. Also, every vassal has their own council, and therefore court chaplain. More than one may be working on an individual county; I think AIs will sometimes try to convert their vassals' provinces, but never their liege's.