• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well riddle me this. What if you hold two ducal titles. Electors in one of them are voting for a different guy. Does your heir still get the other title? Is the game smart enough for that?

Each duchy will have its own people elected (in case of elective succession of course), so if your heir is not voted in majority by the electors for one of the duchies after the current ruler of that said duchy dies, then your heir won't pick up that title.

A quick question: I have it set so that I receive a pause and pop-up every time a building is completed in my demse. However, I can't find any way to get any kind of notification when buildings are completed in lands held by my vassals. Since I have yet to see any vassal actually try to build anything on their own, it falls to me to do it for them. This process, in turn, becomes a real pain in the butt because I don't receive any notifications when any of their buildings are finished.

How can I fix this, other than simply refusing to title-out anything to vassals and suffer "Demse to Big" penalties 'til my dying day?

Go to Main Menu -> Message Settings and you will be able to set up the way you want every notification in game ;)

if you are bethorthed matrilinear, and suddenly the one you aree betthorthd to becomes king of X but you botth arent of age yet, wil th male marry whe you both are of age or rect on to high in line of succesion?

if you are bethorthed matrilinear, and suddenly the one you aree betthorthd to becomes king of X but you botth arent of age yet, wil th male marry whe you both are of age or rect on to high in line of succesion?

In my experience, they won't honor the betrothal but won't break it either which basically means you are doomed to either doing it normally or taking a relationship hit.

I run into that a lot betrothing heir grandsons matrilinearly since they aren't the direct heir then all of a sudden they are and they won't honor the betrothal.

How does one get rid of an anti-pope under one's control?

A matrilineal marriage is the marriage in which all of the offspring produced will be of the mother's dynasty, (great house) rather than the father's.

Yes, i know. But sometimes is rather dificult to arrange that kind of marriage.. Which is normal.

E.g, i did manage to arrange a matrilineal marriage with the heir of the Leonese Kingdom. I was expecting that the sons of their marriage would become heirs of the crown, for the childrens were of my dinasty.. But the heir of the Leonese King came to my court, and another was announced by Leon..

Did i miss something ? Thanks !

I have a county in the de jure duchy of Brittany (which has elective inheritance), although my de facto liege is currently the king of France. Is it possible for me to vote in the ducal election?

There's no Breton shield on my law page (as it isn't my de facto liege). However the other Breton vassal of the French king occasionally changes her vote back and forth between me and herself, which makes me think it should be possible for me to vote.

if you bethroth someone, and they become next in line/lord/counsellor they suddenly refuse to marry matrilinaer. any tips ro prevemt this from happening and ifx this(as im trying to get a dynasty member on the throne)

I haven't played CKII so I was wondering. Whenever your king dies does the realm still erupt in massive civil wars if his stats aren't godly? It pissed me of in the first time I played that I spent half of my kings like putting rebels down

I haven't played CKII so I was wondering. Whenever your king dies does the realm still erupt in massive civil wars if his stats aren't godly? It pissed me of in the first time I played that I spent half of my kings like putting rebels down
In vanilla, yes. I've fixed this somewhat by editing the requirements to revolt against your liege, so you tend to get less AI depose-spamming every time a monarch dies.

If I'm playing as someone who usurped the title of Byzantium through conquest...

1. Is there any fast way to unite all the territory rather than de jure wars for 1 province at a time (every 10 years).
2. How can I get the assholes in other countries to rubber stamp my laws? The kings of Hungary and Holy Roman Empire are electors in my realm (for some reason) and even with an alliance and 100 relations, they never vote in my favor. I can still pass laws, but only if literally every lord in my realm has 50+ relations.
3. I keep getting vassal inheritance warnings for Sicily even though I made it so that Sicily has High Crown authority. Will I lose the provinces, or will it just go to me, despite the warning?