• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Kind of a silly question, but how do you not go snowblind playing as anything within the HRE? It's painful. And even your vassals are not delineated on the map.

Combined with the fact that the HRE is, by default (I know that you can change it), an ugly gray color, and you have all the motivation you need to do your best to ensure that the empire dies a painful death in all your games.

The Direct Vassals view, while fine for what it is, could really use an extension, allowing players to choose whether they want to see Direct Vassals only, or all vassals.

If I appoint a chaplain who is of a different religion than my character and I send him to convert my capital, is there a chance my character will convert to his religion?

He will try to convert your province and all the courtiers within it to his religion. I don't think that he can convert *you*, per se, but he can convert your heir (assuming your heir is unlanded) - which is almost as good.

Is there any way to see the added revolt risk for capital distance if a vassal isn't rebellious? I had no idea what people were talking about till I did a WC and some of my guys were +75 and still rebellious and finally saw the modifier in the intrigue threat monitor - but now in a new game I'm wondering how far I can push my capital but not particularly wanting to make anyone rebellious.

Is there a way to see which of your sons/grandsons will inherit a county?
I thought I saw it as a map information (ie you leave your arrow on a territory and the heir's name appears), but I can't find it on any of the map modes...

Definitely eager to purchase this game, but I am having some important questions.

1) As far as I understood the AI is really great in comparison to the other Paradox games and is great at all. But does it employing all of the game features (that is changing the laws manually, hiring mercenaries and etc)?

2) Where can I purchase a case with the game, paper manual and a tech tree and other like?

Thanks in advance for answers.

Definitely eager to purchase this game, but I am having some important questions.

1) As far as I understood the AI is really great in comparison to the other Paradox games and is great at all. But does it employing all of the game features (that is changing the laws manually, hiring mercenaries and etc)?

2) Where can I purchase a case with the game, paper manual and a tech tree and other like?

Thanks in advance for answers.

The AI will change laws by themselves and hire mercs if they have enough money.

As for the second question, I'm not sure.

Stupid Question maybe: How do I move my capital? It is a certain county that's on a border with an aggressive neighbor, there's another county I control with more room to grow and that's well away from my border. I can't figure out how to do it, and in the manual and FAQ I'm either not seeing it or I'm not getting it. Please help! :sad:

Stupid Question maybe: How do I move my capital? It is a certain county that's on a border with an aggressive neighbor, there's another county I control with more room to grow and that's well away from my border. I can't figure out how to do it, and in the manual and FAQ I'm either not seeing it or I'm not getting it. Please help! :sad:

Step 1: make sure you're the count of the province you're moving it to.
Step 2: Select the province, and click on the little crown next to the coat of arms in the upper right corner of the province window.
Step 3: Fall on your knees and worship me as your lord and savior.

Quick question Pope calls a crusade, how do i join it?
Do i just show up and shout loudly?

Step 1: Make sure you're a catholic.
Step 2: Click the large flag under your portrait in the upper left corner of the screen.
Step 3: click on the small arrow under the pope's portrait.

Alternative

Step 1: Be catholic.
Step 2: Open the pope's character page, and go to diplomacy
Step 3: Click "offer to join war" and click "crusade for x". Note that there might more crusades there as the Muslims group up to defend their holdings.

And now for a question of my own. What decides which title your character is refered to after their death? I'm tired of my old characters being called "King of Sweden" when their capital was on Sjælland and they used "King of Denmark" as their primary title their whole life.

I thought I saw it as a map information (ie you leave your arrow on a territory and the heir's name appears), but I can't find it on any of the map modes...

You can hover over their profile picture. After a second, it should list their name, their spouse, their main holdings, and towards the bottom it will say what they are heir to.

Is there any way to see the added revolt risk for capital distance if a vassal isn't rebellious? I had no idea what people were talking about till I did a WC and some of my guys were +75 and still rebellious and finally saw the modifier in the intrigue threat monitor - but now in a new game I'm wondering how far I can push my capital but not particularly wanting to make anyone rebellious.

To the best of my knowledge - No.
Except through purposefully infuriating somebody, so that person will become rebellious, and then looking at their distance modifier then.

Also, hovering over a county or duchy or kingdom, etc., coat of arms lists the first 3 in the line of succession.

Got a question... Is there a cheat/way to edit the save file to allow me as a King of Poland to select Succession laws and Gender Laws/Crown Authority so that I can have females inherit on the same ground as males? Basically I wanna raise my Crown Authority... Any Cheats?