• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there anyway to make it so that when your liege raises your levies, your ruler isn't the one leading them. Ive had so many rulers killed like this
With at least limited crown authority, you can change the commander of an army by clicking on the name.

I started a game with the obj to engross The BE as a faithfull vassal as much as i can.
I ve grown some, but in the middle of the game, the Doux fanily conquered HRE and in the split of a second (of assassination) i passed from BE to HRE ??!! This really fu*ked my game mood.
I understand HRE is greek etc now but...

Is there another way to get back to BE beside independence war ?
I tired of it, i am on my third independence war, and each time i m like 90%++ someone of my own dinasty assassinate me, HRE leader dies or whatever, its getting tiresome.
I find strange the fact that i can t vassalize myself of my own will to BE for example.

Hi all,

as King of Serbia i created Kingdom of Burgundy and so i became King of Burg. too.

I wanted to do it, a part from the "mwhahahah" feeling, also because as King of Serbia i was not able to modify crown laws (lots of vassals are not in my kingdom and i have bad relationship with others).

I switched also "primary title" to Burgundy.

Is it correct to say that:
1) vassals which de jure belong to Kingdom of Serbia, are affected by Serbia crown laws
2) vassals which de jure belong to Kingdom of Burgundy and all other vassals (for example in north italy) are affected by Burgundy crown laws
?

Can u give me any other advice about having more than 1 kingdom?

Thanks!!!

My question is about reinforcing armies:

I noticed during a crusade that went on for decades due to interuptions, that my total number of soldiers (having raised all available vassals, although large numbers of levies that where available were not used) went down drastically every time I made a major offensive, untill I was basically fighting with only mercenaries, and all the individual 'armies' were down to a few soldiers. however if I then told someone to bugger off back to blighty with his 3 soldiers, hey presto he'd be able to raise 500 men the next second when he returned to his holding to find a load of REMFs swanning about enjoying the sun.

Now I get how this is probably a mechanic to simulate feudal levies been raised at the lowest level by small time barons who would not be able to remotely access reserve forces from their individual villages, but is there a way around this, some system that does the micromanaging for you? I just found it incredibly annoying having to micromanage which counties are on the offensive, which counties are recovering, which counties are reinforcing etc. In the situation above, because of the distances involved to the crusade target, the size of my combined kingdoms and the defending target, I basically spent about 5 hours of my life endlessly clicking, which is a shame because there is so much about this game that I love

I have a church and city holding, I want to give them, but I seen that only stewardship stat seems usefull for tax modifier, so I should only give them to high steward guyz? other stats are useless?
and is there a point to gibe church control to priest education guy and/or with hgih learning, does it have any effetc, atm I check list and transfer holdings who hs higest steward
lastly when I give control of holding, does that guy build structrures ? cos there is a big difference income he gets and tax he pays me what happens to balance money, added his own gold?

Now I get how this is probably a mechanic to simulate feudal levies been raised at the lowest level by small time barons who would not be able to remotely access reserve forces from their individual villages, but is there a way around this, some system that does the micromanaging for you?
If anything, it represents the historical fact that most vassals only had to serve their lord for 40 days per year, so at the end of that time they all went home again - apart from a hard core who stayed on to fight for the love of it. That's how your armies can decrease so dramatically, but you can raise new levies almost instantly - it's the same knights who just went home after the last battle, but you can call them up again later.

As for a 'system'; not to my knowledge, but again that's historical. Raise your levies for a short war against a nearby opponent. For a long, protracted war (which was rare in the Middle Ages), use mercenaries and Holy Orders instead. Or if you have to use levies, all I can suggest is dong it by dukedom: tell the Dukes of A and B to follow you to war, then a year later tell the dukes of C and D to raise their levies, while A and B are dismissed back home again.

I have a church and city holding, I want to give them, but I seen that only stewardship stat seems usefull for tax modifier, so I should only give them to high steward guyz? other stats are useless?
and is there a point to gibe church control to priest education guy and/or with hgih learning, does it have any effetc, atm I check list and transfer holdings who hs higest steward
lastly when I give control of holding, does that guy build structrures ? cos there is a big difference income he gets and tax he pays me what happens to balance money, added his own gold?

With church and city holdings the next ruler is not hereditary, so stats are only affecting the first ruler you assign. I think it is more useful to save your high steward (and other high stats, which you might wish to appoint to your council later) characters for direct feudal vassals. Either right click the church and city to generate a random new vassal or use it to clear out the bad courtiers from your court (remember to marry them to a bad woman you also would like to get rid of before granting the landed title).

Edit: if you micromanage to have all your cities be owned by the same mayor, the mayor's stats become more important, of course.

As of 1.04c, the Kingdom of Welsh doesn't exist anymore, right?

Also, any ways beside warfare to speed up the death of my Lord? I've had my Duke of Meath outlive his son and grandson!!!

It's been renamed to the "Kingdom of Brythain" and had its territory expanded to cover southeast England and Brittany.

Thanks, was hoping my game hadn't bugged on me.

Kinda sad the historical Welsh is no longer there, but I like the more powerful united crown and acknowledge of similar cultural background between Britanny, Welsh and Cornwall

Oh well, I am going to embark on a rather nice historical tale of the Conquest of England by Ireland and Wales/Britanny.

What does Moral Authority do? How or why does Moral Authority rise and fall?

Edit: Okay, I think I found the answers in another thread. Apparently it allows for faster religious conversion? But if anybody wants to elaborate further I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
Do inheritable claims depend upon the type of marriage?

IE if both father and mother have inheritable claims, will the claims be inherited from both? Or will it be inherited from the father normally only, or the mother only matrilinearly?

my heir turned to "be a bit queer" again and ive searched all the courts for a suitable wife, spending several gifts to invite only the most intelligent and lustful women of europe, but hes still refusing my offers despite the tooltip saying that i fulfill the requirements.

ck2_1-1.jpg

any ideas?

Heyho,

first excuse my english, i ask here beacause i dont get an answer in german forums. hope you understand my question. i just wanna know how the chance of murder or jail someone gets calculated. i thought the spymaster has something to do with it, or not?

@heinz-fiction: i guess its the state intrigue value you have, which consists of the stats of your ruler and his wife as well as the spymasters

dein gesamt-intrigen wert wird ja von den fertigkeiten deines herrschers als auch von denen seiner frau beeinflusst, dann noch natürlich die deines geheimdienstchefs. vielleicht ist es sogar ein prozentpunkt pro intrigenpunkt, kannst dir also ziemlich genau ausrechnen wie die wahrscheinlichkeit sinkt/steigt

You can better your chance of arrests and assassinations by placing your marshall for arrests/spymaster making spy rings in the province the target resides in.