• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OK, I have a big one for this attempt to get advice:

So I'm still on 2.0.4, still the empire of Britain that rules to Aquitaine (and now Castille, France and Flanders) and I've recently had a massive rebellion with a king and 4 dukes beaten in (they got the vultures event with 36,000 and still lost). So I've been planning on taking them and the kingdom of Aquitaine (and Destroying the Kingdom of France) since that event above pretty much. My question is: Should I roll with this until I die, and if not any recommended way to get myself killed?

Also, I got the first Aztec event. What should I expect and how soon?

Quick question. Is it worth raising relations with neighbouring rulers? I ask because i had a solid 100 relations with the Caliph and he still declared war on me, a peripheral nobody who he liked despite having lost core land to people he truly hated.

Quick question. Is it worth raising relations with neighbouring rulers? I ask because i had a solid 100 relations with the Caliph and he still declared war on me, a peripheral nobody who he liked despite having lost core land to people he truly hated.

The answer is "it depends." Often, if he can declare war on someone else when he wants to declare war, it won't be you when you have high relations. He'll go after them first. If you're the only target hanging around, then you're likely out of luck. In your case, that sounds like rather bad luck unless they've totally changed the way the AI decides on war targets very recently. Maybe he was stuck with a whole bunch of truces or something?

Question, where do I find the annual chronicle feature?

On the button below the mini-map or when you click "resign."

I'm start as king William at 1066, and that what I see are counts of Normandy, who demand from me duchy of Normandy. Ok, but Normandy is my only duchy... does new patch change something?

I'm going to start advanced game( minimal stats in my persons).

Hi everyone, long time lurker here. I have some questions about the new Charlemagne DLC before buying it. I've read multiple times that it's full of new bugs, however the beta patch should have fixed these. However, I still have some concerns.
Now, as for my question, I was wondering if there are Basque characters in the Charlemagne or they get created by "event" when a Catholic of culture X gets hold of the basque provinces. Same goes for the Catalan culture. I just loved painting the Iberian peninsuela Basque or Catalan in the Old Gods start date.
Same goes for the Magyars. Since the start date has been pushed back, do they still appear as frequent and do they still settle in Hungary or is it a bit more random, since the Avars roughly rule that area now.
Thanks in advance for answering.

How do I stop the assigned commander in my armies from changing when allies join the fight?
I'm Svitjod in 885, currently trying to hold back people crusading for east francia (got it in a pagan crusade earlier), this wouldn't be that much of a problem since my commanders are 28/29/22, but when allies join they replace my commanders with theirs, resulting in me losing a lot of men. I'll lose the war at this rate since I go from 28/29/22 to 4/5/2, should I have said "no" to anyone small trying to join? Should I have a small group with decent generals standing nearby so they can intercept allies joining the fight possibly overriding my allies' leaders with my own?

Now, as for my question, I was wondering if there are Basque characters in the Charlemagne or they get created by "event" when a Catholic of culture X gets hold of the basque provinces.

I've only been playing for a little bit, but when I booted up a Charlemagne game, there were a ton of Basques down in the appropriate area and can be found throughout my court currently. Can't say with respect to Catalan and Magyars as I've not paid attention. But, there was no event that made anyone Basque when I started. Not that I could see at least (unless my memory fails me).

Can anyone tell me how to Buddhist succession? I just started my first proper Indian game, Charlemagne start as the dude in the upper right with two kingdom titles (Bengal and something else). Of course I don't want Gavelkind and I don't like Primogeniture so that leaves me with Ultimogeniture only. But then there's the feature of just designating heirs yourself as Buddhist (or Indian in general?). This seems to result in weird behavior where I can't seem to get a single child be heir of both kingdom titles. Even if I designate my youngest son as heir, the second kingdom title supposedly goes to someone else. Some of my kids also show a "-10 Gavelkind succession" opinion modifier. I don't like playing realms that break apart on ruler death so... what do?

Is it just me or are most troops for tengri steppe guys light infantry in CM? Also with a different sprite then before...
Shouldn't they be horse-archers mostly?

It's because they're tribal now :-/

Can anyone tell me how to Buddhist succession? I just started my first proper Indian game, Charlemagne start as the dude in the upper right with two kingdom titles (Bengal and something else). Of course I don't want Gavelkind and I don't like Primogeniture so that leaves me with Ultimogeniture only. But then there's the feature of just designating heirs yourself as Buddhist (or Indian in general?). This seems to result in weird behavior where I can't seem to get a single child be heir of both kingdom titles. Even if I designate my youngest son as heir, the second kingdom title supposedly goes to someone else. Some of my kids also show a "-10 Gavelkind succession" opinion modifier. I don't like playing realms that break apart on ruler death so... what do?

Use Primo or Ultimo - when you designate your heir it doesn't matter, your chosen son will inherit the whole of your realm.

Out of interest, as a tribe, can you change from Gavelkind if you reform a pagan religion? I know pre cm, you could go full feudal elective with reformed norse... guessing that feudal bit is the kicker though? Can anyone write a small guide on how to keep your realm together after each death? Is the Kingdom of Saxony even playable longterm? tried it twice at CM and the sahdoashdiosa*&&^%&(ing karlings arrived and said HEY BRO; HAND IT ALL OVER. What tribal rulers are good to play at the 769 start?

Out of interest, as a tribe, can you change from Gavelkind if you reform a pagan religion? I know pre cm, you could go full feudal elective with reformed norse... guessing that feudal bit is the kicker though? Can anyone write a small guide on how to keep your realm together after each death? Is the Kingdom of Saxony even playable longterm? tried it twice at CM and the sahdoashdiosa*&&^%&(ing karlings arrived and said HEY BRO; HAND IT ALL OVER. What tribal rulers are good to play at the 769 start?

Nope, you'll have to feudalize first.
As for what tribal rulers are good to play, I've had some luck with the chief of Häme, in Finland. With Livonia now dejure Finland rather than Lithuania, you can reform with just dejure Finland and a single county conquest for Novgorod, depending on luck (there's another holy site further east that the Slavs and Mordvin fight over. If the Mordvin control it, you should have 50 moral authority, or pretty damn close to it). The main problem is the king of Sweden, who have insanely high martial stats and a large realm. Put your chancellor there early and keep them there until you're strong enough to go on the offensive (after you've reformed, your holy order has formed and you have military org II).

Why Häme instead of Satakunta? Because Häme starts as a count, so when you subjugate Savo, Karalia, and Kemi, you get the counties for yourself. Only when you're at your county limit do you go for the duchy of Satakunta. Once you just that, just plot-revoke, revoke or murder your way to Satakunta and Soumi, giving the poorer lands to someone else. (If you go the revokation route, remember that if you raise your tribal organisation while you're still a count, there won't be a vote for it). After that, grab the rest of Finland and novgorod, then start saving up money for the Kingdom title. (Right now, you can form a custom kingdom cheaply, but that'll change in the next patch anyway).
Save your money and prestige so you can call up tribal armies. Don't bother spending it on your holdings until you the kingdom. (And even then, it might be smart to wait until you also have good relations with the norse).

It may not be a question but I wanted to share this (I feel like I'm the last person on Earth who didn't know about it despite playing the game for years). If you split your army stacks when raiding, the different stacks will siege different holdings at once if applicable. This was a godsend for grabbing cities and temples while the castle is slowly sieged down.

Can anyone tell me how all the tribal buildings correspond to castle buildings?

I know that if I upgrade a tribal building to level four, I get a level 2 castle building. Does this mean that if I upgrade a tribal building to level 2, that I would get a level 1 castle building?

Can anyone tell me how all the tribal buildings correspond to castle buildings?

I know that if I upgrade a tribal building to level four, I get a level 2 castle building. Does this mean that if I upgrade a tribal building to level 2, that I would get a level 1 castle building?

Yes.
I believe it's level 2-3 -> 1, level 4 -> 2

Yes.
I believe it's level 2-3 -> 1, level 4 -> 2

So, I would be losing money/prestige if I go feudal and have level 1 and/or level 3 buildings?

It may not be a question but I wanted to share this (I feel like I'm the last person on Earth who didn't know about it despite playing the game for years). If you split your army stacks when raiding, the different stacks will siege different holdings at once if applicable. This was a godsend for grabbing cities and temples while the castle is slowly sieged down.

This is a relatively new change. I don't even know if it's intentional.

So, I would be losing money/prestige if I go feudal and have level 1 and/or level 3 buildings?

Pretty much.

Is it possible to go Tribal Muslim -> Republic Muslim?

Can't see why not. There aren't many tribal Muslims in game though.

Hi there, not sure if this is the right section of the forum, but here goes. I'm trying to request invasion from the pope on a pagan neighbour as i have no CB on him. All requirements are met except for having different religious heads, I recently converted my ruler to Catholicism (been a year actually) and the button remains grayed out. I'm a bit puzzled as to why it says both myself and the Slavic pagan I want to invade have the same religious head, even though it clearly states otherwise on each character's screen.