• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can not figure out how to crusade when what the target "Jerusalem" is "independant" which does not allow me to declare war on them.

The Pope calls Crusades, then you joing his Crusade, you don't declare on your own.

If you mean Holy War on the other hand, then you must declare that against the highest liege of the land you want. So if Jerusalem is under the Seljuks for example, you declare against the Seljuks.

Why is it that when I raise my levies, most of my vassals (the bishops and the town ones etc, don't send any troops? It says I get like 4% and they kepe the rest as a personal levy?

How do I fix this so I can win a war for once?

Why is it that when I raise my levies, most of my vassals (the bishops and the town ones etc, don't send any troops? It says I get like 4% and they kepe the rest as a personal levy?

You can change one of your crown laws for extra levies of theirs. Be warned, though; they'll provide fewer levies if they hate you.

Quick Question: is there any way to raise the success rate of assassinations beyond, say 35 %? Besides getting a better spy master and building a spy network or through random events. Or should I stick to killing through plots?

Quick Question: is there any way to raise the success rate of assassinations beyond, say 35 %? Besides getting a better spy master and building a spy network or through random events. Or should I stick to killing through plots?

The ratio of the intrigue values of the plotter and plotted is VERY important! I've seen chances as high as 70% and 100% (100% was against an incapable guy) when you have a high intrigue stat (15+) against someone who does not (below 5).

Levies are based on a variety of things. Their relationship with you (bonuses above +25). And the relevant law for their type of holding. This is then compared to your crown authority (which sets the minimum that they must give you). Whichever is higher is then the % of their troops that they give you.

Vassals of your vassals give you less, as it is a % of a %.

In general towns and temples will give you less as they are a) more often vassals of your vassals b) have fewer troops to begin with and c) have a lower minimum % they must send by law.

The best way to get troops out of them is probably to raise your crown laws to high+ but this takes time and gives you a big relationship hit which causes other problems.

Any way as King to abolish a Duchy?

If I hold all-but-one of the Duchies counties as personal demense, with the Duke having as his only County the remaining one, and revoke that so he's landless will that work? Or will he remain a landless duke?

If I hold all-but-one of the Duchies counties as personal demense, with the Duke having as his only County the remaining one, and revoke that so he's landless will that work? Or will he remain a landless duke?

I don't know of any way to abolish a duchy within your own realm. You can't revoke his county without first taking the ducal title, however.

The only way to abolish a title is for the title-holder to lose the last of his counties. You can't do that by revokation though. To try to make this happen, you must encourage a powerful landholder in your kingdom to get a claim on the last COUNTY in the duchy you want gone, then let him press his claim. This'll destroy the Duchy as well.

Not an entirely easy process.

So I started as Munster in Ireland (as was suggested by a few players) and I have a question about Ormond. This is one of the few areas I have found whose holding is not a castle but rather a city and its called "Grand city of Ormond". Is it possible to change this into a county? I was trying to figure out how when all of the sudden my vassal in Desmond attacks Ormond and after the fighting is over he claims the title of count. How can I do this myself?

Thanks!

So I started as Munster in Ireland (as was suggested by a few players) and I have a question about Ormond. This is one of the few areas I have found whose holding is not a castle but rather a city and its called "Grand city of Ormond". Is it possible to change this into a county? I was trying to figure out how when all of the sudden my vassal in Desmond attacks Ormond and after the fighting is over he claims the title of count. How can I do this myself?

Thanks!

There needs to be a castle there for that to work. To take control, you'd need to build a castle there, then revoke the title from the Lord Mayor, then the castle would become the county capital. After that you can just give the city away again, without it being a Grand City.

I revoked a title on my Vassal, the capital of his county was a city where mine is a castle. It told me that the wrong holder type had the title so I gave it away again, however I'm 6 counties away form my demesne limit so I was confused but this.

What did this mean? I am a Duke and the title I revoked was the Count for my second County.

Actually this is about the above counties too! Build a castle? Oh heck.. where to get 700 gold!

There needs to be a castle there for that to work. To take control, you'd need to build a castle there, then revoke the title from the Lord Mayor, then the castle would become the county capital. After that you can just give the city away again, without it being a Grand City.
I believe there already is a Castle in Ormond from the start.