• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a question: With Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis II, Victoria and Hearts of Iron II it was possible to import the saves and in this way play through 1000 years of History. Is this with CKII, EUIII, VII and HoI III also possible? When yes how? I don'T have the other games so I didn't do it ever. Can someone help me?

Yes it is possible it is called "paradox mega campaign" some people have done it with CK > EU3 > VIC2 > HOI2 or HOI3, but it is also possible on CK2. I'm doing it right now (I'm finishing CK2 as Hungary) there is some convertors, but they don't perhaps work as they should. Best way is to learn mod every game which is needed like I do, but yeah I could help you convert your game manually if you add me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/Chlodio

Welll.. How do you push a dejure claim ?

The symbol have apeared, but i m clueless how to do it!

Thanks

PS: On another note, my liege forbidden war between vassals...but i see some of his direct vassals spanking themselves witohut raising army.
To "war" a claim i have to declare war on HRE (his my vassal) and this leviathan raise a tsunami...

Is this a game bug, AI have this privilege ?
Or... what am i missing ....

Last edited:
Yes it is possible it is called "paradox mega campaign" some people have done it with CK > EU3 > VIC2 > HOI2 or HOI3, but it is also possible on CK2. I'm doing it right now (I'm finishing CK2 as Hungary) there is some convertors, but they don't perhaps work as they should. Best way is to learn mod every game which is needed like I do, but yeah I could help you convert your game manually if you add me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/Chlodio

Wow... that's so darn cool.

Welll.. How do you push a dejure claim ?

The symbol have apeared, but i m clueless how to do it!

Thanks

PS: On another note, my liege forbidden war between vassals...but i see some of his direct vassals spanking themselves witohut raising army.
To "war" a claim i have to declare war on HRE (his my vassal) and this leviathan raise a tsunami...

Is this a game bug, AI have this privilege ?
Or... what am i missing ....

Go to the owner of the province you have a claim. If he has a lieage, go to him (if his liege has another lieage, repeat this step). After that, go to diplomatic screen and choose declare war. One of the options, or the only option, has to be the de jure claim.

On the internal wars I'm as lost as you as also happened to me I was at medium crown authority but ducal claim wars happening. I don't know... there were more people protesting about this. I don't know how this issue is right now.

Wow... that's so darn cool.

Go to the owner of the province you have a claim. If he has a lieage, go to him (if his liege has another lieage, repeat this step). After that, go to diplomatic screen and choose declare war. One of the options, or the only option, has to be the de jure claim.

On the internal wars I'm as lost as you as also happened to me I was at medium crown authority but ducal claim wars happening. I don't know... there were more people protesting about this. I don't know how this issue is right now.

Thank you.

"Wrong type of holder in demesne"

Anything to do with such or just ... Ho well ...live goes on.

Is there any way I can see who is voting for whom in an elective monarchy situation (like the HRE?) I'm the Duke of Mecklenburg and am eligible to be voted as Heir, but I want to see who I need to "convince" to vote for me.

Is there any way I can see who is voting for whom in an elective monarchy situation (like the HRE?) I'm the Duke of Mecklenburg and am eligible to be voted as Heir, but I want to see who I need to "convince" to vote for me.

Yes, go the Law screen and hover your mouse over the little number at the bottom of your portrait

voting.jpg

I play a campaign as the former Count of Pisa (now Duke of Genoa, Venice and Sicily). I am part of the HRE and the Emperor is my liege, other dukes even put me in as favorite heir but I am not allowed to vote myself within it - why?

A few questions:

1) If I have multiple bishoprics in my capital county, each with a monastic school, do their effects stack? (ie. 3 bishoprics each with a lvl 2 school for a total of 60% tech growth)?

2) If I want to sow dissent between a liege and his vassals, where do I place the chancellor? At the lieges capital or at one of his vassals?

3) Is there a difference between agnatic-cognatic and full cognatic if you have selective succession?

Thanks guys.

Is it OK that the same man can not inherit both my kingdoms? I rule both Bohemia and Poland, however, for some reason they don't have the same heir even though they should do that. One son gets Bohemia, another one - Poland. If I kill the one that gets Poland then another son becomes heir there, but back in Bohemia some "I don't even know who the hell are you"-guy becomes new heir. And I have primogeniture succession there. It was fine when my previous ruler died. Is it some kind of bug or am I missing something?

"Wrong type of holder in demesne"

Anything to do with such or just ... Ho well ...live goes on.
That means you personally own a city or bishopric. Lords are supposed to own baronies (castles). It's usually best to give a bishopric away to a bishop, or a city to a mayor and have them pay you tax. (They may actually pay you less than if you owned it if your relations with them suck, but if you reached your demesne limit already, that opens up a demesne spot you can fill with another castle.)

edit - Cities and bishoprics make much more money than castles, sometimes even with the wrong holder penalty, but have way fewer troops available compared to castles. I have read of players who like to own cities and bishoprics for the extra income and just buy mercenaries for war. It's another option I have not tried yet, so I'll pull back a bit claiming owning castles is "usually best". I would have to play a lot more to really be able to tell which method is most beneficial in what situations.

Last edited:
I play a campaign as the former Count of Pisa (now Duke of Genoa, Venice and Sicily). I am part of the HRE and the Emperor is my liege, other dukes even put me in as favorite heir but I am not allowed to vote myself within it - why?

you are not de-jure a part of the HRE

A few questions:

1) If I have multiple bishoprics in my capital county, each with a monastic school, do their effects stack? (ie. 3 bishoprics each with a lvl 2 school for a total of 60% tech growth)?

2) If I want to sow dissent between a liege and his vassals, where do I place the chancellor? At the lieges capital or at one of his vassals?

3) Is there a difference between agnatic-cognatic and full cognatic if you have selective succession?

Thanks guys.

1) yes they do stack. for info on tech stuff mouse over those pictures that are just above the buttons to raise levies on the province screen.

2)at that of his vassals. Note that it has a chance to sow discontent between any individual with a holding in that province and his liege. So try and find a province that has as few holdings as possible.

3)I would suspect that agna-cogna has a small penalty on AI weighting for females. It has never proved anything major though. (This is just speculation on my part)

Her how to push forward a claim in the name of someone you brought to your court ?
Must you give him a land to rule before ?
Can you push a claim if someone of your family which is a ruler somewhere else or not ?

Another question:

how long do epidemics last? My whole kingdom is hit by tuberculosis and all my vassals are all contracting consumption and dying. It's is kinda annoying :)

That depends on a lot of things, not sure if I got all of them.

1) You can't push claims of females who are not rulers.
2) you don't have to give him land, but if you are not his liege, once he got his claim, he won't be your vassal (ie. he will be independent).
3) You can push a claim of males (and female rulers) of your dynasty if they are at your court or at the court of your vassals.

That depends on a lot of things, not sure if I got all of them.

1) You can't push claims of females who are not rulers.
2) you don't have to give him land, but if you are not his liege, once he got his claim, he won't be your vassal (ie. he will be independent).
3) You can push a claim of males (and female rulers) of your dynasty if they are at your court or at the court of your vassals.

Thank you . It clarify some, but how can i start a war on the behalf of the claimant ?