• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm a bit confused about the "request title" decision; can somebody tell me the requirements? I'm having a hard time understanding the tooltip.

Bumping this. The decision I mean, BTW, is the "Request Title from Liege."

This has probably been answered already, but I could not find it through the Forum search: Where can I see who the 2nd and 3rd in line to a foreign title are? I can see the direct heir when I click on the ruler and all claimants through the claimants screen. But how can I see what place the claimants are in line to actual succession?

Found the answer in another thread after all:
If you hover over the CoA for their title you will see the name of the top 3, but I don't think there's a hot link to click on them from that list, unfortunately.

Last edited:
cc42a.jpg

This is a situation I was thinking about but hasn't appeared in a game of mine yet.
I am the golden square. If I die, who will inherit? Woman 1 or 2?

This is a situation I was thinking about but hasn't appeared in a game of mine yet.
I am the golden square. If I die, who will inherit? Woman 1 or 2?

2. It will check for male children, then their descendants, before female children, then moves to male siblings, then female ones.

I thought so, but I wasn't sure about it because inheritance sometimes seems to get a bit weird when it's not about your children or their descendants.

edit: if 1's mother would still be alive, would 2 still inherit?

Last edited:
Hi all,
as Duke of Milan and other titles, i attacked Venice... After winning the siege it tells me i become duke of Venice and i obtain the Republic of Venice but it remainds independent... is it a bug or whatever else??

thanks

edit: if 1's mother would still be alive, would 2 still inherit?

Yes.

Hi all,
as Duke of Milan and other titles, i attacked Venice... After winning the siege it tells me i become duke of Venice and i obtain the Republic of Venice but it remainds independent... is it a bug or whatever else??

thanks

I assume you pressed a claim on the Duchy. Confusingly, there is the County of Venice (Grand City of Venice), Duchy of Venice (Republic of Venice) and Kingdom of Venice (Serene Republic of Venice). Venice still holds the County title and the Kingdom title, and as such is not your vassal.

How can you distinguish "noblemen" from "normal people" which you can make Lord Mayor of Venice for example without the penalty for wrong type of governor?

There is no difference between them. You can give a city to everyone as long as they don't hold a castle-barony, then they won't get a penalty.

I started as duke of Munster, and expanded to have 7/13 of the irish counties and created the title King of Ireland.
I seem not to have claim to any of the rest of the county/duchy titles, should I? (as de jure liege of those duchies)
For comparison, at start of the game I remember having casus belli for the southern county of duchy in Munster, in basis of being de-jure duke of the county.
i.e. how can I conquer the rest of the island? (do I just have to manufacture claims & invite claimants to my court?)

Sorry if that has been answered in much later posts.

As a king there's no need to conquer the rest of the counties/duchies. Just ask the counts/dutches to become your vassals - in most cases they will accept.

How do you guys get independent from huge blobs, say France or the HRE, since plotting for independence with your fellow counts/dukes never really happens? Every time I think I have enough allies and my liege is at war on 3 fronts, he forgets about them and just sends a doomstack our way.

How do you guys get independent from huge blobs, say France or the HRE, since plotting for independence with your fellow counts/dukes never really happens? Every time I think I have enough allies and my liege is at war on 3 fronts, he forgets about them and just sends a doomstack our way.

It helps to have in-laws in a big realm next door. For example, if you are Toulouse and you want independence from France, and your brother-in-law is the HRE or King of all Spain, it helps. Also, with the current setup for France, having a relative on the throne of Brittany is a plus at times.